What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it over or ongoing?

Seems over.

I guess that it was all outside the airport (as shown by video and photos), with only some rocket fragments coming inside airport. ANd no damage done inside airport.

I think that it will all become clear in the morning, whether this was attempt at infiltration into airport or just a rocket attack. And if rocket attack, then at aircraft or just random. And also whether any terrorists was killed/captured or they ran away.

Some channels say that 5 rockets fired, 3 inside airport and 2 outside. Some say 3 fired, 2 outside, 1 inside.

My friend from Peshawar saying attackers from well-wisher khar-zameen e Afghanistan which claims half our lands? Truth or not?
Articles say 3 killed many wounded... I want to hear how many of those terrorists died though. Monkeys.

INSHALLAH We Have Already Flushed Them Out Of Malakand and As Far As The South Waziristan Is Concerned,The Ahmedzai Wazir Are Kicking Them Out With The Help Of The Army

Sounds like a load of rubbish. My sources on the ground tell me the only place we have managed to flush militants out from is actually Swat in operation black thunderstorm and even there they are returning.

NSG come after 24 hours & even after arrival of NSG terrorist continue holding hotel further 24 hours (48 hours) of long fight btw terrorists and NSG ... hope you remember!
please stop taking cheap shots and stop embarrassing yourself and us, your countrymen, with your cheap comedy.

I dont know why people are blaming Army etc. They did their job by killing the terrorists. If anyone is to be blamed then it is the intelligence agencies which could not gather information about the attacks.

The fact that terrorists were neutralized at the gates shows that security was tight.

Providing internal security to civilian and installations is responsibility of civil govt. Army is doing it's job in clearing the area, It's job of civil govt. to keep the areas of secure? If you are expecting army to conduct operations, secure borders and also secure all infrastructure of country than your expectations are too high. Your kind of people are the ones who start screaming human rights human rights when forces kill terrorists or interrogate them.

I dont care if these terrorists are ripped apart limb from limb. Security of Pakistan must come absolutely first. Everything else is second. As far as I am concerned, these terrorists are not even human so human rights dont apply.

Fact is, the army, intelligence, civil security have all turned out to be a big joke for allowing this to escalate to this level. If the militants do indeed have distant fire capability now, we are in for a whole another level of pain.

We need to clear out these animals. Not find excuses and shift the blame on others.

What a shameful comment. You should support your security forces who have saved so many lives.
Instead of being supportive you are criticizing them?
Can't you save your introspection till everything has calmed?
As usual our forces will sit like scared women with mehndi in their hands and wont respond other than empty threats.

What a joke Pakistan army is turning out to be. Total and complete failure to protect citizens. Buzdil sare ke sare.

A quick look on google earth shows that university town is on the west side of the airport i.e Airbase side.

Guy on GEO saying that the 3 dead bodies found near the wall of the airport all have suicide jackets on them. BDS defusing them. Looks like somebody engaged them and killed them before they could explode/enter the airport/base.

ACCORDING TO MILITARY SOURCES FIRING HAS STOPPED FOR THE TIME BEING

Peshawar Aviation base in Peshawar Airport is under attack by CIA-backed TTP terrorists. Please note that there is no truth in rumors being spread that there are F-16 and JF-17 jets present in Peshawar Airport because it does not have the capacity to accommodate these two jets due to shorter runway than needed. Its a part of future plans that airport will be expanded but currently there are no F-16 and JF-17 jets present over there.

Pakistan Cyber Force (PCF) [Official]

Regards

Right, the fact that the second squadron is based there, operational.. and has been photographed and video taped flying from there is just all photoshop then?

Four people killed, 40 injured as attack on Peshawar airport repelled

480199-PeshawarNewMap-1355593209-615-640x480.JPG

PESHAWAR: At least eight people have been killed and 40 others including police officials have been injured as the Peshawar airport came under attack on Saturday evening. A search operation has been culminated in the airport with four attackers killed, Express News reported.

Militants first fired rockets into the airport before being engaged by security forces as they tried to gain access to the airport. CCPO Peshawar added that a search operation has been completed and four attackers have died.

“Three rockets were fired. Two landed inside Peshawar airport and another hit a vehicle (outside). So far, two people have been killed and 22 wounded,” Imran Shahid, a senior police official, told AFP.

However, officials at the Khyber Teaching Hospital told Express News correspondent Faizan Hussain that at least 40 injured people have been brought there. Per MS Zafar Afridi, five of the injured are in critical condition.

The Pehawar airport shares its airstrip with a Pakistan Air Force base. A PAF spokesperson said that the rockets had only damaged the outer wall of the airport and that all aircraft and on base personnel were safe.

ACCORDING TO INFORMATION MINISTER KPK,FOUR TERRORISTS WERE ON A CAR ONE WAS A SUICIDE BOMBER AND THE OTHERS WERE COVERING THEY BANGED THE CAR AGAINST THE WALL AND THUS THE BREACH WAS COMITTED FOR OTHERS WAITING TO ENTER

Right Now Search Operation Has Also Started For suspects in nearby residential areas

but why? that would harm our 'brotherly' relations with afghanistan (sarcasm), jokes aside, i agree, they all need to go back to afghanistan.

Yeah - In this brotherhood we are again extending refugee status of AF for 6 months.... Not to mention hundreds of thousands non-registered brothers.

A C-130 hovering the Airport... People of the surrounding are in absolute shock and terrified. Kids at home are crying in fear. What the hell is going on

SUSPICIOUS BAG HAS BEEN FOUND BOMB DISPOSAL SQUAD DISPATCHED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom