What's new

Peshawar Airport under attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a heart of warrior and a mind of sacrifice to deal with these kind of situations, people should be behind security establishment.

If the attacked structure was barely an airport then I would have completely agreed with you but that's not the case here, armed forces are responsible for the security of their installation. Point is not about how the current operation is being dealt, the point is about the attacks we are encountering one after another.

Dude still - policing is not army's duty, If your police and other LEA's are working correctly than these terrorist shouldn't have made their way to air port, They got killed because army was present there. Do you think our police or ASF is capable to do this? Yara kabhi tu army ke kaam ke daad day dia karo, kuch nahi jata kisi dushman mulak ke forces nahi hain - ap logon kay liay jaanin day rahay hain

Not all suiciders coming from Waziristan. There's an ongoing operation on Barha area which is a few Kms away from the airport. A road straight from Barha leads in front of the runway.

Just a question. I've been hearing since nearly 3 years - straight - that mil op. is underway in Khyber and Bara. When will that mil op come to an end? I love Army but I really wanna know this.

PA is failing our country in our time of need. Instead of using our vastly superior firepower and conducting a purging operation, they are sitting and eating nihari.

PA wants Imran khan as next PM and now all this chaos would lower zardari's chances of comeback. PA would go to any extent to see their pet at the helm of affair.

You can never stop a suicide bomber once he sets out from his home. You stop him from Waziristan, not from the wall of peshawar airport. He will explode anywhere when stopped.

BTW< all three suicide jackets now defused from the dead bodies. Looks like they got neutralized.

Agreed, but how do they reach to the desired area unscathed is beyond me! Why are they killed inside, why not outside the bounds all the times, given once intercepted they blow themselves up?

Don't worry, some of his countrymen have condemned his comments.
Lets not get carried away. We can discuss all this in a more relevant thread. lets stick to the topic on this one.
At least who attacked Mumbai were no IA creations.
We took our time so that we get ample proof so that we could tape all conversation b\w terrorist and their handlers sitting in karachi. And expose PAKISTAN and after 26\11 there was no iota of doubt in mind of international community that Pakistan is epicentre of global terrorism.

PA wants Imran khan as next PM and now all this chaos would lower zardari's chances of comeback. PA would go to any extent to see their pet at the helm of affair.

Army can easily install IK as PM without this bloodshed. So, SHUT UP!

I dont care if these terrorists are ripped apart limb from limb. Security of Pakistan must come absolutely first. Everything else is second. As far as I am concerned, these terrorists are not even human so human rights dont apply.

Fact is, the army, intelligence, civil security have all turned out to be a big joke for allowing this to escalate to this level. If the militants do indeed have distant fire capability now, we are in for a whole another level of pain.

We need to clear out these animals. Not find excuses and shift the blame on others.

I think you are not following Pakistani media than.....

Agreed, but how do they reach to the desired area unscathed is beyond me! Why are they killed inside, why not outside the bounds all the times, given once intercepted they blow themselves up?

Successful intercepts are not given due coverage by media.

At least who attacked Mumbai were no IA creations.
We took our time so that we get ample proof so that we could tape all conversation b\w terrorist and their handlers sitting in karachi. And expose PAKISTAN and after 26\11 there was no iota of doubt in mind of international community that Pakistan is epicentre of global terrorism.

With the compliment of Colonel Shrikant Purohit, the so called International community also found out that snow white is not exactly buried in India where Sajjan Kumar still walks tall.

Dude still - policing is not army's duty, If your police and other LEA's are working correctly than these terrorist shouldn't have made their way to air port, They got killed because army was present there. Do you think our police or ASF is capable to do this? Yara kabhi tu army ke kaam ke daad day dia karo, kuch nahi jata kisi dushman mulak ke forces nahi hain - ap logon kay liay jaanin day rahay hain

Bro don't take me wrong I have never criticized the army. What all I am saying is that we simply haven't been able to accelerate our intelligence gathering. Most of the times we do have prior warnings but still insurgents are able to sneak in, they reach very close to the target.

Extract from an article:

Question: If ISI is successful in it&#8217;s missions and objectives, why does it not publish reports and making them open for civilians?

The field of intelligence does not work in this way. Only a poor agency would publish their success, their findings, their missions etc. These reports would be used by 'enemy' intelligence and they would hence, find a loophole just from reports and understand the nature of counter. The best agencies never disclose anything about the operations, making people into believe no such operations have occurred which were however accomplished by the agency!

Please stop the nonsense and stick to the thread.
Don't get provoked so easily.
I request my countrymen to exercise restraint.
With the compliment of Colonel Shrikant Purohit, the so called International community also found out that snow white is not exactly buried in India where Sajjan Kumar still walks tall.

According to latest reports:
Riyadh-bound passengers present at airport's lounge are safe.
There's one commercial airliner present at Peshawar Airport at the moment. Most likely it's a PIA Airbus A310-300 operating flight PK-755 from Lahore to Riyadh via Peshawar.
Flight PK-755 from Lahore had landed at Peshawar before the attack, according to a local news channel.
For the time being Peshawar-bound flights will be diverted to airports of Lahore or Islamabad.
PAF Base Peshawar attached to Peshawar Airport was the target of this attack, according to statement of a PAF spokesman. All assets of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) including aircraft and personnel at the airfield are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom