What's new

Peshawar Airport being renamed to Bacha Khan Airport

There is actually no reason to remind those who frequent this website that "this is Pakistan". Where else do you see such a large assemblage of whining hypocrites, petty jingoes and irrational people who seem to be completely incongnizant of how utterly detached they are from reality? You failed to provide any reliable evidence to back up your claim - not that I was really anticipating a sensible reply from you.

those who get defeated usually cry... keep crying :-)cry:)

There is much misconception about the name of Abdul Ghafar Khan in here, his name is actually Padshah( پادشاه ) which for some reasons became Bacha( پاچا ) and it is certainly not pronouced as Bacha( بچه ) which means child.

What a Joke, first province name changed to 'Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa' now this 'Bacha Khan' Joke....

Why didn't they go for NWFP named as Bachistan?

People living in Sindh are called Sindhis, punjab = punjabis..., balochistan = balochis.... so instead of changing name of province they should have started calling them 'Sarhadis'...

Bacha Khan :rofl:

The sh!ttiest flyover in Karachi is named after this Bacha Khan clown as well. ANP were the ones who begged MQM to name it Bacha Khan. But its in the worst part of Karachi which is infested with refugees and illegal aliens.

All are same I think whether it be PPP or MQM or ANP all use such language foe each other as if Karachi tm sb k baap ka hai

There is much misconception about the name of Abdul Ghafar Khan in here, his name is actually Padshah( پادشاه ) which for some reasons became Bacha( پاچا ) and it is certainly not pronouced as Bacha( بچه ) which means child.

The pronunciation is Badshah Khan which basically means King Khan. And he certainly was a man who was the King of Pathans in his time.

It is well known that when he passed away and he was taken to Jalalabad for his burial in 1988 during the height of civil war in Afghanistan, all factions of Afghan war lords and mujahideen observed a 3 day cease fire as a mark of respect for him. Such was his status even in death. Any true Pashtun and every Muslim in fact who has read his life history will not fail to hold him in the highest of regard for the sacrifices he has undertaken for his community.

To non-muslims, I say if you want to learn from the practical life of a Muslim Pashtoon and the true meaning of Jihad, Badshah Khan is the one example you should study. Because, his strong belief and faith was the basis of his struggle (Jihad) against the British rule. His association with Gandhi was much later and it was only after he had become famous for his non-violent resistance that Gandhi came all the way to the frontier to meet this man.

Even today muslims from around the world who know about him cite him as an example of a Muslim who used his deep faith in Islamic teachings as the basis of his non-violence resistance against the British.

Nonviolence, Muslim Style: From Ghaffar Khan to Tahrir Square | (A)theologies | Religion Dispatches

AUGUST 9 - According to PTV News, Federal Cabinet meeting scheduled for August 10 will consider renaming of Peshawar International Airport. The cabinet meeting will be chaired by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani.

I think the meeting should also consider expanding and upgrading facilities at Peshawar Airport if it's not possible to build a new airport for the city at a new location.

In recent times, representatives of Awami National Party (ANP) which heads Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government have demanded renaming Peshawar International Airport as ‘Bacha Khan International Airport’.

On August 22, 2008, then North-West Frontier Province - NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) provincial assembly passed a unanimous resolution urging the Federal Government to rename Peshawar International Airport as 'Bacha Khan International Airport'.

Three years ago, on June 20, 2008, Prime Minister Gilani approved renaming of 'Islamabad International Airport' as 'Benazir Bhutto International Airport'.

What a joke is this?, Bacha Khan was the same person who said that he be not buried in Pakistan. He was the same person who totally disagreed with the partition of British India , he was the same person who repeatedly contacted the Indian government to do something. He was again and again arrested by the authorities.

Seems like PPP treat everybody who has cut term in jail as a hero!!,,,this renaming thing is turning out to be a joke in the PPP government, first Zulfiqarabad, then BB airport, now this. WTF.

This is a disgrace. I will never refer to these airports by these names. In due course the pakistani people will take these and name these airports what they want. Remember Saddam airport is no longer saddam airport the same will happen with islamabad airport etc

This is a disgrace. I will never refer to these airports by these names. In due course the pakistani people will take these and name these airports what they want. Remember Saddam airport is no longer saddam airport the same will happen with islamabad airport etc

I , and my family, still never refer to it as BB airport, nor does anyone else. It has a different feel to it.

when these worthless chicken shyts end their tenure, next leader shuud rename them to simply what they are....Lahore Airport, Peshawar airport, etc.

keep Karachi as Quaid-e-Azam international.

no more of this bhutto-zardari shaheed business....it's disgusting. Repulsive.

I just refer to BB airport as Islamabad airport, and Peshawar airport = Peshawar for me.

I don't want to be reminded of that corrupt **** whenever I go or arrive in Islamabad.

Bacha khan? hahahahaha
thats such a perverted name and then Karachi airport will be renamed to bachi land. :lol:
I am surprised that there are many pashto-speakers here and no one has corrected you and others. "Bacha" is pakhto version of "badshah". It has nothing to do with bacha word of urdu.

The pronunciation is Badshah Khan which basically means King Khan. And he certainly was a man who was the King of Pathans in his time.

It is well known that when he passed away and he was taken to Jalalabad for his burial in 1988 during the height of civil war in Afghanistan, all factions of Afghan war lords and mujahideen observed a 3 day cease fire as a mark of respect for him. Such was his status even in death. Any true Pashtun and every Muslim in fact who has read his life history will not fail to hold him in the highest of regard for the sacrifices he has undertaken for his community.

To non-muslims, I say if you want to learn from the practical life of a Muslim Pashtoon and the true meaning of Jihad, Badshah Khan is the one example you should study. Because, his strong belief and faith was the basis of his struggle (Jihad) against the British rule. His association with Gandhi was much later and it was only after he had become famous for his non-violent resistance that Gandhi came all the way to the frontier to meet this man.

Even today muslims from around the world who know about him cite him as an example of a Muslim who used his deep faith in Islamic teachings as the basis of his non-violence resistance against the British.

Nonviolence, Muslim Style: From Ghaffar Khan to Tahrir Square | (A)theologies | Religion Dispatches
Great words wrora. Bacha khan was indeed a great person. Those who have studied him, would never speak non-sense against him. A true pashtun would never speak against him, a leader who went against british in non-violent way. ar in Afghanistan, all factions of Afghan war lords and mujahideen observed a 3 day cease fire as a mark of respect for him. Such was his status even in death. Any true Pashtun and every Muslim in fact who has read his life history will not fail to hold him in the highest of regard for the sacrifices he has undertaken for his community.

Nonviolence, Muslim Style: From Ghaffar Khan to Tahrir Square | (A)theologies | Religion Dispatches[/QUOTE]
Great words wrora. Bacha khan was indeed a great person. Those who have studied him, would never speak non-sense against him. A true pashtun would never speak against him, a leader who went against british in non-violent way.

It is well known that when he passed away and he was taken to Jalalabad for his burial in 1988 during the height of civil war in Afghanistan, all factions of Afghan war lords and mujahideen observed a 3 day cease fire as a mark of respect for him. Such was his status even in death.
No, His grave was mistreated several times during Taliban time. ( no disrespect intended ).

What are we going to do next? Re-name the Quetta Airport to: Brahamdagh Bugti International Airport?

No that would be renamed as RAW international airport.. same as Afghan army is named RAWMA.

Back
Top Bottom