What's new

Peshawar Airport being renamed to Bacha Khan Airport

What a Joke, first province name changed to 'Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa' now this 'Bacha Khan' Joke....

Why didn't they go for NWFP named as Bachistan?

People living in Sindh are called Sindhis, punjab = punjabis..., balochistan = balochis.... so instead of changing name of province they should have started calling them 'Sarhadis'...

Bacha Khan :rofl:
wtf is "sarhadis"? Are you mocking people of KP?
Balochistan is named after an ethnicity so you should have no problem with renaming of NWFP.
The indics, sindhis and punjabis are not ethnicities in real sense but balochs and pashtuns are, so you should'nt be so much surprised when a baloch or pashtun expresses their ethnic identity.

They can't develop new things.............just to rename the old things to show their acheivements.

one day we will see sharif international air port lahore :cheesy: and in karachi we will see BHAI KA INTERNATIONAL AIR PORT

wtf is "sarhadis"? Are you mocking people of KP?
Balochistan is named after an ethnicity so you should have no problem with renaming of NWFP.
The indics, sindhis and punjabis are not ethnicities in real sense but balochs and pashtuns are, so you should'nt be so much surprised when a baloch or pashtun expresses their ethnic identity.

Punjabis and sindhis are indo-aryans, not indics ( dravidians )

its not that big of a deal, call it wt ever u want, im frm Kpk bt i still call it hazara

sarhadi???

is that reference to Zia Sarhadi? The leftist/marxist film maker?

bhaiyon how did this discussion end up taking so many dimensions ?

any updates on this name change business? Has it been implemented?

I think the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has the right to name their airport anything they want.
Quaid-e-Azam wanted Pakistan's provinces to be autonomous. These provinces have the right to make their own laws and name their airports anything they want.

Enemies of Pakistan can dream all they want, it will not change the fact that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will always remain a province of Pakistan :pakistan:

In my personal opinion previous name "peshawer international airport" was ok. Bacha khan was great personality and every man who possesses some intellect would recognize him as a great man worthy of respect. But his currunt generation ANP, are big disappointment.....they are most corrupt people i have ever seen, previous governament of MMA and musharaf was lot better...i dont think people would bring them into governament in future...

Back
Top Bottom