What's new

Persian gulf or Arabian gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ḥashshāshīn;2858423 said:
Which country owns more water in the gulf?

IRAN
bt.gif

Just let the Persians and anyone else who wants to call it Persian gulf, and let the Arabs call it Arabian Gulf. Why not just have 2 names for it?

Because it would create unnecessary confusion. Arabs already calling it whatever they want, but they insist name would be changed on international level as well.

Also its disrespecting historic and international naming tradition.

Example: what if India would start demanding that Pakistan internationally would be called North-West India? Ridiculous? Maybe now you'll start understanding why Arabs demands are ridiculous.

I gave historical references with sources yet no one had the bravery to challenge the history I brought to the table. You have true history in front of you in post #46 and #75 and you are free to decide for yourself. Adious.

So if anyone asks me what name do you want to call it I would personally say "The sea of the Earth God" since it is the oldest recorded name of the Arabian Gulf.

Ḥashshāshīn;2858423 said:
Which country owns more water in the gulf?
as a matter of fact because of the Iranian islands in the Persian gulf Iran have more water ,also the gate into the Persian Gulf are three Iranian Island that all shipping lines into thew Persian gulf must pass between them and inside Iranian territorial water

what if India would start demanding that Pakistan internationally would be called North-West India? Ridiculous? Maybe now you'll start understanding why Arabs demands are ridiculous.

Ridiculous example. You're comparing apples with dates. Pakistan is a sovereign nation, no other nation has a claim on it.
The gulf is pretty much international territory, with some waters belonging to Iran others to Arabian countries.
Besides, many countries call it Arabian gulf 'as pointed out already'

Historical maps where it appears as Persian gulf. I can post at least 20 such maps...

2.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

It's not Persian Gulf, nor Arabian Gulf, it's Sinus Arabicus.... Yes, that does translate to Arabian Gulf or Bay.

Arabian_Gulf%28Hondius%29.jpg

By the great Dutch cartographer, Hondius.

Comment on this file from Wiki:

A map from an antique book depicting the ''Arabian Gulf''(Sinus Arabicus). Title: Persicum Regnum Author: Jodocus Hondius Published by: Michaell Sparke, London Date: 1637-1607

Jodocus Hondius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those of you who failed geography class...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom