What's new

Persian gulf or Arabian gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I just showed how ridiculous Arabs naming demand is.

About your last point - only US and Arabs do this, neither UN nor International community in general agrees.

"Until the 1960s Arab countries used the term "Persian Gulf" as well,[37][38] however with the rise of Arab nationalism (Pan-Arabism) in the 1960s, most Arab states started adopting the term "Arabian Gulf" (Arabic: الخلیج العربي‎, al-Khalīj al-‘Arabī) to refer to the waterway.[5][39][40][41] However, this naming has not found much acceptance outside of the Arab world, and is not recognized by the United Nations[5][42][43][44] or any other international organization.[5][45]

The United Nations Secretariat on many occasions has requested that only the term "Persian Gulf" be used as the official and standard geographical designation for the body of water.[5] Historically, "Arabian Gulf" has been a term used to indicate the Red Sea.[1][46][47][48] At the same time, the historical veracity of the usage of "Persian Gulf" can be established from the works of many medieval historians.[1][49][50][51][52]

At the Twenty-third session of the United Nations in March–April 2006, the name "Persian Gulf" was confirmed again as the legitimate and official term to be used by members of the United Nations.[1]

Check and mate.

I have proved that this is absolute Bullocks in post #46 and post #75. feel free to check them out and mate with them yourself.

What can I say :unsure:...and then you people claim 'we don't hate the Arabs'.

Their arrogance will be their own undoing. And mark my words on that.

I have proved that this is absolute Bullocks in post #46 and post #75. feel free to check them out and mate with them yourself.

Why don't you check out the maps I posted?

i can post 10s of such historical maps if you want.:meeting:

What can I say :unsure:...and then you people claim 'we don't hate the Arabs'.

Read again :

iran.gif

This Site Hacked By Iranian Hackers

Your Start This War But We End
You Are Stupid For Start This War We Can Destroyed Your Web But We Are Human Civilization
Your Do Not Forgat This Gulf Is PERSIAN GULF For Ever

Pepsi.jpg

Do Not Try Advertising To Mislead The Muslim Ali
Qauntum Digital Security Team
Hacked By : Pejvak
TnxTo : - Nashenas - M4st3r_4w4r3 - H-C0x - Neo - Ali57 - blackc0der And Omid Hajavi(Best My Friend) And All Qauntum Security Members
THIS IS FIRST ACTION ...

This Site Hacked By Quantum Digital Security Team

Which is exactly why you invaded it by force with the help of the British. in 1971 Britian did not trust Arabia with the shipping lane due to Israel security so they gave it to Iran. It was during Dhofar rebellion where Saudi Arabia fought against the British and Iranians in Oman.

no because those Islands have always belonged to Iran only in 1921 Britain occupied it but in 1971 one day before their army leave Persian gulf ,our army attacked and without firing a single bullet we defeated occupying army and took those Islands back and sadly in that operation 3 of our brave soldiers have been martyred .

as a matter of fact this incident happen 2 day before a county called UAE appear on any map.
you see you if it was not for the defeat of Britain army by our brave soldiers that made them escape from the region must of arab countries in the region were still colonized by Britain .

Which is exactly why you invaded it by force with the help of the British. in 1971 Britian did not trust Arabia with the shipping lane due to Israel security so they gave it to Iran. It was during Dhofar rebellion where Saudi Arabia fought against the British and Iranians in Oman.

no because those Islands have always belonged to Iran only in 1921 Britain occupied it but in 1971 one day before their army leave Persian gulf ,our army attacked and without firing a single bullet we defeated occupying army and took those Islands back and sadly in that operation 3 of our brave soldiers have been martyred .

as a matter of fact this incident happen 2 day before a county called UAE appear on any map.
you see you if it was not for the defeat of Britain army by our brave soldiers that made them escape from the region must of arab countries in the region were still colonized by Britain .

What you did was to quote Persian Gulf had different names 2500-5000 years ago, and nobody is denying it.

What you ignore:

1) Last 2000 years Persian Gulf or Sea was universally accepted name.

2) UN and International community calls it Persian Gulf. It was confirmed and reconfirmed many times, including in 2006.

"At the Twenty-third session of the United Nations in March–April 2006, the name "Persian Gulf" was confirmed again as the legitimate and official term to be used by members of the United Nations."

If you cant deal with it, its your problem, this name is already settled and sealed.

Ḥashshāshīn;2858550 said:
The western plan to create divisions between Muslims is working very well I see.

aint that the truth.....shame on us!

Really? I'm sure you know 'Persian' is from English, why not call it Iranian Gulf?
The word itself is quite foreign and synthetic.

well we call it Khalije Fars , its called Persian Gulf which is a translation of it because right now we speak in English , and we call it Fars not because we want to point to a race or language , historically southern part of Iran around Persian Gulf were called Fars or Pars province and just in recent years we devided that province in several other province

Breasted، Page 284. regarding the "Sea of the Earth God name"
Luckenbill D.D. 1924. The Annals of Sennacherib. Chicago، page 35 & 38. regarding "The sea of the great Sunshine name"
Winckler، H. 1889. Die Keilschrittexte Sargons. Leipzig، page 37. Regarding "The sea of Kuldan land" name.
King، L.W. 1907 Chronicles Of Ealry Bablylonian King. London vol. II page 131. Regarding the Babylonian name.
Arab Seafaring in the Indian Ocean in Ancient and Early Medieval Times by George Fadlo.
Persian Gulf: An Historical Sketch from the Earliest Times to the Beginning of the Twentieth Century
The Natural History by Pliny the Younger.
.Qattif h Kattifh Catifah Qateef hKatif h Qatif
The Equator Rule by Dr.Mahmoud Idrees.
Minorsky V. and Al-Alam H. 1937. The regions of the world، A Parsion geography. London، page 52.
The Golden Bubble: Arabian Gulf by Roderic Owen.
Reisebeschreibung nach Arabien und anderen umliegenden Ländern

I don't knew why but I tried to search these sources on the net and get these results
https://www.google.com/search?q=The...or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=658b538c23bb4e18

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sea...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

https://www.google.com/search?q=The...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

by the way one of your sources have a very interesting name
Code:
The Golden Bubble: Arabian Gulf by Roderic Owen.

All the 'west' can do is sow the seeds of hatred; but the Persians and Arabs are deliberately watering those seeds knowingly.
What can we do about it?
It's not just them. Turks and Persians don't like Arabs, Persians don't like Arabs and Pakistanis, Pakistanis don't like Bengalis. We really have fallen badly into this plan.

Just curious, do Iran have any issues with the name "Gulf of Oman".

well we have serrious problem with that name and not only Don't recognize it but also wont recognize it as there is no Gulf of Oman but we recognize Sea of Oman which is the body of water between Indian Ocean and Strait of Hormuz

Why don't you check out the maps I posted?

i can post 10s of such historical maps if you want.:meeting:

Why don't you check out the other maps I posted as well??
11304828717.jpg

17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom