What's new

Persian gulf or Arabian gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
then how your historian and travellers and Geographers always called it Persian Gulf ?

then how your historian and travellers and Geographers always called it Persian Gulf ?

Actually Historically it was called "Sea of the Earth God" Until 3000BC then "The the sea of the great Sunshine" until 2000BC then "The sea of the Kuldan land" until about 1000BC then "The sea of the south" Until 250BC. Ashurians called it "The bitter sea". Babylonians called it "The lower sea". It is only Darius that called it "Persia's sea" when he traveled from India to Persia by his ships but he did not know of the Arabian side.

Romans called it the "Arabain Gulf" and have used that name in their writings. In the first century AD Pliny the younger said:"Kharkas lay in the extreme edge of the Arabian Gulf where the most pointy part of Happy Arabia (Southern Arabia) begins".

Arabs have called it "The Bahrain Gulf" and later on "The Arabain Gulf" During the Abassyed times it was called "The Iraqi Gulf" until it was replaced later on by "The Arabian Gulf" again.

Ottomans called it "Basrah's Gulf".

THIS HERE IS REAL HISTORY ^^

It is Arabian Gulf Like it or not.

it is finished man ! i am your enemy for ever
aq.gif

it's Persian Gulf.....historically was always known as such

in Arabic language they call it ''Khaleej al Arab'' and this is an official/diplomatic issue of contention between Persians and the Gulf Arabs

pretty silly 'dispute' but oh well

in Arabic language they call it ''Khaleej al Arab'' and this is an official/diplomatic issue of contention between Persians and the Gulf Arabs

It's Khaleej Al Bakistan now. :angel:

I always knew it as a Persian Gulf until recently came to know that some people call it "Arabian Gulf". Anyway, Arab you have a sea called Arabian Sea, why bothering about a Gulf whole world call it Persian Gulf.

No it hasn't historically always been called Persian Gulf that is history manipulation. Please refer to post #46 for detail.

I always knew it as a Persian Gulf until recently came to know that some people call it "Arabian Gulf". Anyway, Arab you have a sea called Arabian Sea, Persian Don't say it as Persian Sea or Indian Sea etc. why bothering about a Gulf, whole world call it Persian Gulf.

It is only called that due to American support for Iran's Shah which supported the Shah's domination of the Gulf region which is why they prepped up this name. It wasn't always called Persian Gulf.

If you really want Historical accuracy then let us start calling it the "Sea of the Earth God".

much bigger issues to worry about and Persians and Khaleejis want to waste their time over a bloody name of a body of water

i did a quick google search on the issue and according to some online poll (i dont know if this is a neutral site or not) majority were in favour of Persian Gulf name

http://www.persianorarabiangulf.com/index.php

my only message to my Persian and Khaleeji friends: get your priorities in order!

LoL the Wikipedia page is so full of $hit clearly a Persian has wrote it. :lol: :rofl:

No it hasn't historically always been called Persian Gulf that is history manipulation. Please refer to post #46 for detail.

It is only called that due to American support for Iran's Shah which supported the Shah's domination of the Gulf region which is why they prepped up this name. It wasn't always called Persian Gulf.

If you really want Historical accuracy then let us start calling it the "Sea of the Earth God".

lier ! shame on lie

But why has Arabs issue with its name, I don't understand that part because we too have Arabian Sea on our West Coast and we have no issue with that name.

I agree with RazPak. Pakistani gulf sounds a lot sexier than anyone of those two options. And a Pakistani ocean - oh my.

In all honesty, Persian gulf is what it's been called since ancient times, and it should continue to remain so.

Also, look at the map, the position of Iran is above the gulf states, that alone makes the inlet of water below Iran called Iran's gulf, or in this case Persians gulf.

But why has Arabs issue with its name, I don't understand that part because we too have Arabian Sea on our West Coast and we have no issue with that name.

Because you don't just come and cram your name in something that it isn't yours just like that. Hell even the Iranian side has the Arabic "Ahwaz" bordering it making it even more Arab than it is Iranian.

This is historical facts vs Persian manipulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom