What's new

Persian gulf or Arabian gulf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iran has an ancient history rivaling the Greeks and Chinese. It has culture, art, philosophy, music and first universal human rights were written by Cyrus (I think). Iran is one of the most important countries in the world.

The Arabs were desert nomads and have little or no history before Islam.

So Iran isn't weak. Its a strong nation with a nationalistic population.

I dont think this issue has got anything to do with who is a strong country and who is weak, one should just follow traditions. Arabs have their own great history to be proud of but at the end of the day it was referred to as the Persian gulf by the Greeks, Christians and even the Arabs themselves before the rise Arab nationalism.

Let's see though, who were the better sailors, back in the day?

The Arabs were desert nomads and have little or no history before Islam..

This is a misconception only about 20-30% of the Arab population in Arabia were ever Desert nomads. Most Arabian people have always settled in cities. This misconception is also historic due to the fact that most contact the outside world have had with Arabian people was with the camel trade caravans so those people believed them to be also Nomadic when they were not.

This is a misconception only about 20-30% of the Arab population in Arabia were ever Desert nomads. Most Arabian people have always settled in cities. This misconception is also historic due to the fact that most contact the outside world have had with Arabian people was with the camel trade caravans so those people believed them to be also Nomadic when they were not.

Hmmmm interesting. I read Bernard Lewis's Book about the Middle East. Do you know of any good books which talks about the History of Arabs.

I have read extensively on Persian civilization. Need to brush up on Arabs too. :)

Let's see though, who were the better sailors, back in the day?

Arabian sailors used to travel all the way to India and China for trade. The land of UAE and Oman had one of the biggest sailing industries in the region if not the world historically.

Arabian sailors used to travel all the way to India and China for trade. The land of UAE and Oman had one of the biggest sailing industries in the region if not the world historically.

There is no doubt Arabs were good sailors, in fact Oman had a maritime empire going all the way down to Zanzibar and Tanzania whilst most other Muslim countries were being colonized.

Hmmmm interesting. I read Bernard Lewis's Book about the Middle East. Do you know of any good books which talks about the History of Arabs.

I have read extensively on Persian civilization. Need to brush up on Arabs too. :)

I don't know a good book for you to read actually. But I advise you to do your own historic research. In Hijaz there 4 main cities Taif, Makkah (Bakkah), Yathreb (Madinah) and Baha. In Najd there was Kulaibah, Yamamah and Attaie. In the north there was Petra, Hegre and Kan'an. In the east there was Bahrain, Qatar, Gurrah and Akelah. In the South there was Ma'in, Sana and Hathermoot.

All of which were thriving large cities with a large population. They had yearly festivals and each had their own flags and songs and military order.

what a ridiculous people. they have no history so they always steal others.
it is NOT our fault you have no history.

Typical Persian behavior.

It is Arabian Gulf Like it or not.

Just bring a book older than 40 year that called it by that name
from eternity it was Persian Gulf and it remain Persian Gulf till Judgment day and UN in all its document call it Persian gulf even in Arabic Documents because we saw to that when at the time of Iran - Iraq war Iraq ambassador to the UN several time called with that Fake name and so we went out and made UN ban that fake name .

by the way these links are educational and Informative on the matter
Arabian Gulf

oh and this is interesting for you:azn:
Among historians, travellers and geographers of the Islamic era, many of them writing in Arabic from the 9th to the 17th century, Ibn Khordadbeh,[17] Ibn al-Faqih,[18] Ibn Rustah,[19] Sohrab,[20] Ramhormozi,[21] Abu Ishaq Ibrahim ibn Muhammad al-Farisi al Istakhri,[22] Abu al-Hasan Ali ibn al-Husayn ibn Ali al-Mas'udi,[23] Al-Mutahhar ibn Tahir al-Maqdisi(d. 966),[24] Ibn Hawqal,[25] Al-Muqaddasi,[26] Ibn Khaldun, Mohammad ibn Najub Bekiran,[27] Abu Rayhan Biruni,[28] Muhammad al-Idrisi,[29] Yaqut al-Hamawi,[30] Zakariya al-Qazwini,[31] Abu'l-Fida,[32] Al-Dimashqi,[33] Hamdollah Mostowfi,[34] Ibn al-Wardi,[35] Al-Nuwayri,[33] Ibn Batutta,[36] Katip Çelebi and other sources have used the terms "Bahr-i-Fars", "Daryaye-i-Fars", "Khalij al-'Ajami" and "Khalij-i Fars" (all of which translate into "Persian Gulf" or "Persian Sea").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom