What's new

Permanent UNSC Seat for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
India may get it.
It seems part of deal along with nuclear deal.

I dont care what perks UNSC comes with, I want India to get it just an an Ego booster ;) I am sure we will get it soon. I wouldnt mind it if India votes 2 times against Iran again to get this seat! lol I mean we can tell the Iranians that just wait till we get this seat, we will veto anything against u guys! The Ayatollah will understand :)

^^ The resolution has been discussed at length on the Kashmir Resolutions thread.

We've established India, not Pakistan, is at fault with those resolutions.

We've established India is ignoring those resolutions in violation of its obligations under the UN council.

Btw, the rest of that resolution which you conveniently chose to ignore, is this:

"When the Commission shall have notified the Government of India that the tribesmen and Pakistani nationals referred to in Part II, A, 2 hereof have withdrawn, thereby terminating the situation which was represented by the Government of India to the Security Council as having occasioned the presence of Indian forces in the State of Jammu and Kashmir, and further, that the Pakistani forces are being withdrawn from the State of Jammu and Kashmir, the Government of India agrees to begin to withdraw the bulk of its forces from that State in stages to be agreed upon with the Commission.- CHECK - "are being withdrawn", when Pakistani troops ARE BEING withdrawn, then India must agree to reduce its troops."

Pakistani troops had to vacate Kashmir ultimately, but before Pakistani troops were completely vacated India needed to agree to withdraw down to x amount of troops, as per this resolution which you quote.

But it did not, and that is what stopped the process. Sir Own Dixon, chief UNCIP, said tha it was India to blame for the halting in the process.

Therefore India is in violation of the agreement.

Agree to your points but before that ...before that... you have mentioned.
before that terrorists need to put down there arms.
Only than it can be possible. If not Indian troops will be there as usual.
There can be dialog and firing at same time.

I dont care what perks UNSC comes with, I want India to get it just an an Ego booster ;) I am sure we will get it soon. I wouldnt mind it if India votes 2 times against Iran again to get this seat! lol I mean we can tell the Iranians that just wait till we get this seat, we will veto anything against u guys! The Ayatollah will understand :)

yea, good point. if nothing else, it is a good ego booster. and new title for india.:enjoy:

Country with the 2nd Biggest Population, A Big Player in Global Politics, A Responsible Nuclear power, A Huge Player in Asia!

Embroiled in a bitter border issue that has yet to be resolved, an issue that is more likely to cause a nuclear war than any other.
Posturing (done by both sides I know) does not help India's cause.

India has carried out nuclear weapons tests in disregard of the UN and has no real influence outside the IOR anyway. A player in Asia yes, but elsewhere?

Like I said, even less would get done if India gets into the UNSC.

Embroiled in a bitter border issue that has yet to be resolved, an issue that is more likely to cause a nuclear war than any other.

India has carried out nuclear weapons tests in disregard of the UN and has no real influence outside the IOR anyway. A player in Asia yes, but elsewhere?

india is emerging. the recent joint anti-pirate patrolling was an indication.

'carringout nuclear weapons in disregard of UN' is old issue. india today is part of IAEA and NSG.

as for posturing, you are mistaken. india didnt indulge in it. only one side was culprit.

A border dispute which was caused by Divide and Rule A Remnant of the RAJ!!! Actually India is in a much better position worldwide than the UK, or USA. We have only carried out nuke tests (for which we got rewarded with the nuke deal! ;) ) We didnt Invade Iraq on the pretext of a SEXED up DOSSIER! Weapons of Mass Destruction! yea right! lol Our PM didnt Lie in front of the Parliament for a Whole 15 Minutes! We have a better Image worldwide than U.K and USA Put together! ;) Sure we might not have the weapons you have, but then We are respected for what we are, and not called LIAR'S who Sexed up a Dossier to invade an OIL rich COuntry!

business- jobs, dollars
in recession, its invaluable!:woot:

and greater cooperation on several other issues including perhaps IA in afghanistan.

IA in the Stan would be counter productive, the PA has started acting seriously now. If the IA come in that will go.

IA wont go to Afghanistan, It will be counterproductive!

A border dispute which was caused by Divide and Rule A Remnant of the RAJ!!! Actually India is in a much better position worldwide than the UK, or USA. We have only carried out nuke tests (for which we got rewarded with the nuke deal! ;) ) We didnt Invade Iraq on the pretext of a SEXED up DOSSIER! Weapons of Mass Destruction! yea right! lol Our PM didnt Lie in front of the Parliament for a Whole 15 Minutes! We have a better Image worldwide than U.K and USA Put together! ;) Sure we might not have the weapons you have, but then We are respected for what we are, and not called LIAR'S who Sexed up a Dossier to invade an OIL rich COuntry!

Just showing how little you know about Iraq. Its irrelevant to this topic anyway.

How is India in a better situation than the US or UK anyway, please do explain why you think this. It should be interesting reading.

IA in the Stan would be counter productive, the PA has started acting seriously now. If the IA come in that will go.

wat matters isnt whether it is productive or not, but if US wants IA in afghanistan, then india would want some 'carrot' for it.
and right now US does want help in afghanistan and had wanted IA to join in afghanistan, but india didnt comply TILLNOW.

Just showing how little you know about Iraq. Its irrelevant to this topic anyway.

How is India in a better situation than the US or UK anyway, please do explain why you think this. It should be interesting reading.
India is ofcourse in a Better Position in the World as far as Image is concerned, We havent carpet bombed a country solely on the basis of a sexed up dossier (i loved that phrase ever since I heard it lol)

USA and UK is hated the world over, atleast its gonna change for the USA with Nobama coming in, but what about the UK??? I mean Brown is a noshow! India on the other hand, is not hated that a way! The number of countries hating us can be termed as "not that many!"

Hence India is a good choice for the UNSC PS

Hope u enjoyed reading it ;) God Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom