What's new

People of Fata-origin put under surveillance in Pindi division

!! never expected that some folks will defend the move !! don't want to tag/quote these idiots, i cant change their opinion nor it's of any benefit...

For example @naveedullahkhankhattak ?

keeping people under srveillance is not illegal or immoral. Any government have a right to do so for the safety and security of the country. It should be taken as a positive step as most terrorists belonged to those areas and just keeping on eye to find out the black sheeps is alright for me. Abduction of people for no reason(which isn't the case) is wrong fo such purpose.

People of FATA origin , the new arrivals think all Punjabis are from Hira Mandi and are بیغیرت
In their minds Punjabi lives have little to no value.
It's good to keep them under watch for certain period of time until they integrate.
Can you maintain silence if nothing valuable to speak out...Don't speak your mind...Your post is reported for insulting remarks

Can you maintain silence if nothing valuable to speak out...Don't speak your mind...Your post is reported for insulting remarks
I know exactly what I am talking about.
Punjabis and all Pakistan are getting threatened by terrorism originating from FATA and Afghanistan , so nothing wrong with keeping these two types of people under surveillance.
Billions spent on fighting terrorism in FATA brought little results due to ethnic love affair of locals with Terrorists. As soon as Pakistan army leaves, locals bring back terrorists.
So tactics needs to be changed. Fata can have as many terrorists as they want , the rest of Pakistan should watch anyone coming from FATA and even restrict their entry.

This is the type of action that those who are seeking discord in Pakistan will most certainly welcome, it is part of their agenda to increase tensions between the various ethnicities in our nation, we should do all we can to avoid these actions as they will not enhance peace nor security.
@Zibago

Bro the Khattak tribe mostly inhibits regions close to the border of the tribal areas. So even though I disagree with naveedullah I can see where hes coming from

There are underlying causes why he says this. FATA has been a region where kidnappers and criminals hide. Criminal elements kidnap people from cities like Peshawar, Nowshera (which is khattak dominated), even Mardan and bring them to North Waziristan or other agencies. From there they demand staggering ransoms. Fake currency, arms and drugs are sold in this part but who made FATA like it is now anyway? We did.

Of course I don't agree with Naveed but I have witnessed sentiment in Peshawar that is against not only Afghan nationals but also FATians. However this is making it difficult for Fatians to merge in the national fabric because ever fellow pashtuns from settled areas and urban centers don't treat them as equals, rather as barbarians lacking civilization.

A situation like this needs to be treated with extreme love, care, tact and respect. FATians are our citizens. The FCR coupled with discrimination, a dismal literacy and employment rate is responsible for the current situation of FATA. Just like America can't blame all muslims for 9/11, we can't blame all tribals for terrorism. When a person does not have basic things like food water when some talibs come to town giving cash and their demented ideology promising young men who have nothing go to heaven how is there even a possibility they won't accept. I have covered this in my first book too.

Guys its easy to condemn, harder to feel empathy. Live on an empty stomach for even a month and you will know the hardship FATians face. And this is no secret that districts like Musa Khel, Dera Bugti and Kohistan are also waiting to blow over. With dismal literacy any place can turn into fata and lets not forget we used FATA as a staging ground for all sorts of terrorist mullahs to defeat the Soviets in neighboring Afghanistan. We made it the lawless area it is so it suited us. Now we are blaming FATians. How unfair? Even now its controlled the Collective Responsibilities Act which blames an entire tribe for the action of one terrorist.

But braith, I have never witnessed from you any love for Pakistan. You seem like another Luffy intent on making our various ethnicities fight. I want our people to be inclusive and work together for a better Pakistan.

100% agree with you..

that's what happens when incompetent people run the affairs of state and recruit tanidars/Police walas on political grounds to serve them 24/7...it's sad to know that the pamphlet which they issued is correct not a faked pamphlet !!

- Racist comment on this thread alone is eye opening !! never expected that some folks will defend the move !! don't want to tag/quote these idiots, i cant change their opinion nor it's of any benefit...

Wrora this is the problem. Pakistanis themselves do not appreciate the ethnic makeup and diversity of the country. I am only a nominal pashtun if at all but the hate I have seen against pashtuns in my city, karachi is staggering. The abuse of pashtuns there makes it hard for a patriotic or national feeling to develop. Instead the muhajirs and sindhis both are stuck on issues of ethnicity. Obviously the other ethnicities will follow suit.

You have pointed to an important fact. FATians are only allowed to elect mullahs, the police doesn't exist in FATA and militias keep the justice. In every way it is outside the control of the federal government. The rules applying in the rest of the country do not apply there (FCR) and as you said incompetent outsiders often appoint tanidars and others for their own selfish needs.

My hope is FATA is quickly merged with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. It makes sense.

if ur government institutions don't do it. we blame them. when they do their work we blame them. Isn't surveillance of people part of their job?
if you are not a terrorist then why are you against this move?
You are fine with racial profiling of Pashtuns? ......

Is not it like Indians who see Kashmiris as terrorists ? It is not going to be good for Pakistan.

The sky is falling, did you forget how the British to this day vet people who visit certain countries including Republic of Ireland?
You are fine with racial profiling of Pashtuns? ......

It's not racial profile its selective vetting. Not all Pashtuns are gettin vetted, are they?

The sky is falling, did you forget how the British to this day vet people who visit certain countries including Republic of Ireland?

I am talking in reference to Pakistan. It does not mean to me or to Pakistanis what is happening in alien world.

I am talking in reference to Pakistan. It does not mean to me or to Pakistanis what is happening in alien world ?
I'm taking in reference to commonly accepted practices in national security. Google person of interest!

Back
Top Bottom