What's new

PEMRA has imposed a fine on children's channel Nickelodeon

5 lac fine is nothing..perma ban it but then again it is a very corrupt institution and this show is in accordance to the western propaganda Pemra doesnt dare to ban it
I highly doubt you're different than any of those guys in the vid if you're defending the acts of PEMRA.
living in a foreign country but acting like you're in Pakistan.
I predict a race war in the west soon especially after the refugee crisis, why do you think Trump and Brexit happened
?
why does it feel as if you are happy about that

The problem with you Bharotis is that you guys despite your economic growth still feels low when it comes to Pakistan and Islam.

Anyway what is wrong with traditional Pakistani cloths? and whats the the big deal if one wears hoodies over shalwar kameez? better than wearing over a dhoti . no?

and when UK does not have a problem then why your backside is on fire?

First of all, nice attempt at a strawman, lol at ignoring that mumtaz qadri supporters or the Sharia patrol guys from 60 minutes news
and LOOOOOOOOOOOL i am not an INDIAN, i am a Pakistani
I just hate how Pakistani's behave in foreign countries then cry when about racism when it's always us who are at fault.

UK libtards don't have a problem but most nationalistic British people have a huge problem with it, it's the reason why BREXIT happened(Left the european union in hopes of receiving less refugees aka muslims)
Traditional Pakistani clothes with hoodie on looks out of place, it just doesn't look like a good fashion, looks extremely Jahil lols.

5 lac fine is nothing..perma ban it but then again it is a very corrupt institution and this show is in accordance to the western propaganda Pemra doesnt dare to ban it

why does it feel as if you are happy about that

not happy one bit because many secular minded ethnics(smart pakistani and iranian friends) would get killed also but if Molvi's are killed then i have no problem because they're the filth that needs cleansing.

People here were triggering because france banned burka , but look at these same people defending banning cartoons for wearing western clothing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with those character design .

There is this warning played on many sites or for content in the west too which says

18+ I wonder why people have double standards for difference between kids stuff and the one that is for young kids.

I still remember Johnny Bravo and thinking what sense it makes to the desi kids in Pakistan who are not exposed to such behaviour at young age of 3 to 8 years or so on. Though now the internet boom through mobile phones have given a lot of exposure still the world over there is a difference between content for kids and adults.

A few days ago I was invited to attend a birthday ceremony for the twins ( a girl and a boy) of my Swedish colleague as they turned 10 yrs old. I had to spent quite a lot of time in finding an age-appropriate gift for both. Parents are really concerned about what their kids watch despite the fact Swedes are the most free people when it comes to nudity.

And by the way, Sweden used to be too lenient till late 70's or early 80's. Before that the waitresses in the restaurants used to serve in topless dresses but the then prime minister of Sweden made the legislation and convinced his nation that this kind of public display of nudity is detrimental to the society's progress so they have grown quite a bit prudent but the idiots in Pakistan who just watch some degraded hollywood stuff think everything in the movie is true which is not true.

And yet west is not a role model for us in this regard, we are Muslim and Islam has unambigiously set the boundaries and we must respect those. It is still good that there is a lot of freedom in Pakistan to choose from unlikne Iran or KSA but still we have limits and those should be followed and the libtards who keep pushing their agenda to spread vulgarity in the society, don't know that societies are like springs and if pressed too hard, there will be a strong reaction from the society. Pakistanis truly love Islam and their patience should not be tested.

Cartoon or fine?
the former

Last edited:
A few days ago I was invited to attend a birthday ceremony for the twins ( a girl and a boy) of my Swedish colleague as they turned 10 yrs old. I had to spent quite a lot of time in finding an age-suitable gift for both. Parents are really concerned about what their kids watch despite the fact Swedes are the most free people when it comes to nudity.

And by the way, Sweden used to be too lenient till late 70's early 80's and waitresses in the restaurants used to serve in topless dresses but the then prime minister of Sweden made the legislation and convinced his nation that this kind of public display of nudity is detrimental to the society so they have grown quite a bit prudent but the idiots in Pakistan who just watch some degraded hollywood stuff think everything in the movie is true which is not true.

And yet west is not a role model for us in this regard, we are Muslim and Islam has unambigiously set the boundaries and we must respect those. It is still good that there is a lot of freedom in Pakistan to choose from unlikne Iran or KSA but still we have limits and those should be followed and the libtards who keep pushing their agenda to spread vulgarity in the society, don't know that societies are like springs and if pressed too hard, there will be a strong reaction from the society. Pakistanis truly love Islam and their patience should not be tested.

the former

Why would you ban the cartoon?

Why would you ban the cartoon?

Because "andar ka muslim jaag raha hai" even tho he just cherrypicks what to follow in Islam
Remembers islam at times of cartoons

Forgets islam when he does other things

This is a Muslim country: Islamic Republic of Pakistan. If any anyone has a problem, he must leave the country. It is our country and we play by our rules... and we say GTHOH the libtards..
Um this is a democracy if anyone has problem with dissent he can go to a dictatorship

over support of Muslim school girls being told it's cool to wear bikinis on a beach

Would you let your mother/sister Wear a bikini in a beach ?

So in schools they basically draw a bikini on the board and order girls to wear this ? And they get like a fine if they don't wear it ?

Also the options you have listed for women in western societies is basically a bikini and a bikini ? They don't wear other clothes ?
Good job buddy I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just brain washed.

we don't have a problem with cartoons,it is the indecent clothes and behaviour - Young minds are very vulnerable to such things

no one is perfect but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to be

And of course you're only going to try to be perfect when it involves controlling others and not when we're told to lower our gaze. Selective Islam is as bad as our kuffar liberalism.

And of course you're only going to try to be perfect when it involves controlling others and not when we're told to lower our gaze. Selective Islam is as bad as our kuffar liberalism.
dont bs me bro - how one is brought up has alot of impact on his adulthood - if you were taught to lower your gaze you have a higher chance of doing that

The fine was issued on an episode of TV Show 'Winx Club'

5944c43b858c0.jpg

An episode of Winx Club got Nick fined

PEMRA has imposed a fine on children's channel Nickelodeon

The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority has imposed a fine of Rs500,000 on Nikelodeon, also known as Nick over an episode of cartoon series Winx Club.

5944c43a87fe2.jpg

PEMRA's notice to Nick

According to the notice, the fine was on an episode of cartoon series where, PEMRA claims, "A cartoon character is indecently dressed."

5944c439119ae.jpg

This is the content that PEMRA fined Nick for

The indecent clothing was the characters wearing bathing suits on the beach. According to PEMRA, a notice had been issued on April 28, 2017 after the airing of the episode and after a hearing the fine was imposed, along with a warning to be vigilant while airing future episodes of the series.

5944c44f47454.png

The Winx Club, how the characters usually look

Winx Club is an Italian animated series that studios in America bought and dubbed. It has been around for over a decade and still is a popular show for many children. The show follows a group of young girls who are also fairies.
https://images.dawn.com/news/1177830/pemra-imposes-rs500000-fine-on-nickelodeon-over-this-cartoon
?
Well, if doesn't match with culture and moral values ...then have no objection.

Um this is a democracy if anyone has problem with dissent he can go to a dictatorship

The majority of Pakistanis are not okay with obscenity shown to their young children. Subliminal attempts to transform a society is an old Jewish Media technique which was exposed decades ago. In that light Pemra's action is justified. The fine wouldn't do it alone though. They have to take other form of disciplinary actions as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom