What's new

PDF RULES AND REGULATIONS REVISED (INPUT NEEDED)

Please, read the rules again, sir. No one is tolerating any abuse towards anyone.
Agreed to some extent but we are quintessentially a Pakistani forum. We need to promote our culture, heritage, religion and way of life. We should not become a platform to allow our enemies to be racist towards us or insult Islam. A lot if indians do therefore they should not be allowed on PDF.

Jihadist is a political term now, sir. It can't be avoided, unfortunately, it's us who've maligned ourselves so much that we've to tolerate this problem but I think it shouldn't be taken as an insult but rather a political categorization.

Thank you for your thougths, they're indeed critical. As far as the quality is concerned then I think that's more like what we can encourage rather than enforce; the reason is that a lot of people come to the site from various backgrounds and not everyone has had the same education as we were lucky enough to have. We don't want to close our doors to them. Many users have said that PDF helped them with their communication skills so we don't want to shun them out. With smilies and highlighting etc., as far as I know it becomes a problem for epileptics due to flashing but we don't have that here but regardless, I've had an idea of creating a lighter version of the site PDF lite - it would automatically remove such things as text. Would that solve the problem?

Secondly, I'd love for nothing but to address the problem head on but the current scenario is that most PDF users cannot maintain the cordiality required to have a discussion on religion. Hence, this has to be enforced right now because it's too sensitive for people and frankly, it's a little beyond what we envision to be. For now, we have to pursue this line of action but I'm hopeful soon we'd have something in accordance to addersssing this issue as well.

Thanks again!
Brother,
Thanks for the rules, will try my best.
Off topic a bit, tagged you on this thread, needed your valuable input, on the subject i tagged you specifically , if you got time to...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/doha-peace-pact-2020-us-taliban-deal-analysis.655355/

How many times Retired Troll has been banned and he keeps coming back with more stupid posts?
He also comes with some Really good posts as well, keeps a balance...
His posts definitely are satire and sarcastic, which is actually a good mix to the convo, yeah off topic as well, but i would like to see him back here, Mods and Administration.

Regards

0*iULPXrXL3xu6S2Yn.jpg
IqbalPoetry-300x152.jpg

Furd kaim hae rabt e millet se
Tunha kuch nahi
Moj hae darya mein
Beruin e darya kuch nahi

@SIPRA PaaJee, The Idea of Pakistan is The Most Powerful Idea in the World... a beautiful one too... with touch of Utopia which makes fragrance of OurSoil richer... @Mentee

I fear what cann't be simple in its essence ...cann't be held together in complexity ....

PDF is a nice place... a touch of OurHome, OurLand...for Paks like myself...

I wish I could wipe away those pictures of APS from the memory of my soul... and then snipershot wound that killed our little boy in AJK ...courtesty the good people of India... @The Eagle

Or that little daughter of ours...also killed after our little boy...by the good Indians... @waz

Something are Sacred!

Somethings come from within...resonance of the soul.

I do know about the Hole in the Soul... well, actually MySipritualFather Iqbal R.A. knew it and provided the TransmutationCode... I just try to expand on it...

I believe Quaid e Azam R.A. was Chosen by the Almighty and all his character and intelligence where tools bestowed upon him so that we could have The SecondState, OurPromisedLand...

Somethings are Sacred!

What is Freedom?

What is Thought?

What is the limit?

Anyhow, in the company of the wise it is wisdom to submit to their wisdom... it is what it is!

I just wish to erase from memory the pictures of PakKashmiris...even toddlers..with shotgun wounds...courtesy the good Indians...

And the GangRapes of OurPakKashmirisWomenGirls..from 8 to 80...

Or now 14k boys kidnapped from IoJK and put in prison in the Indian jails... curfew I must forget...I wish I could.

We paid in Blood for Pakistan...72% of those who died during Separation were Muslims...

Muslims of MaqboozaHindustan sans bazari/sarkari leader/mullahz.... Gujarat...MaqboozaDelhi... I wish I could forget....

Emotion has a Function..it needs to be understood properly...

Somethings are Sacred!!!

Rabt e Millet ... Moj... Darya ... and I know YoungPak @masterchief_mirza is going to disaprove my tideous post...

Ganga is the heart of every singular thing about Indians..everything... and its is sad that they don't feel proud about it...and own it with relish! Why?

I own everything about OurLand.. from beautiful to the ugliest... I am unashmed Indu!

Regardless, I just wish to see Anarkali blossom once... till then as long as I am on PDF... I am grateful to YoungPak @ghazi52 for his PakPositivism and sharing MyPakistan everyday with me!

Mangus

5be4219f38891.jpg

I think we should also add that unnecessary colors, bold and font style shouldn't be allowed unless necessary. Thoughts?
@Mangus Ortus Novem ?

BTW Webby, i was serious about that color change of Senior Member’s names...
That color looks too awful or unnoticeable. I must say, Brown is the best...

I think we should also add that unnecessary colors, bold and font style shouldn't be allowed unless necessary. Thoughts?
As for the bold and styles, I don’t see any need of disabling it, rarely do people use those features. I for one, use these only when i feel to put heavy emphasis on some sentences or words.

PakBrother mine,

It is a great idea..if there are alternatives to better positioning... then those certainly be followed.

Are there rules to differentiate between posts and compositions?

An artefact of positioning is different than mere reply...

Anyhow, it is your forum...we shall abide by your rules.. no worries!

Mangus

PakBrother mine,

It is a great idea..if there are alternatives to better positioning... then those certainly be followed.

Are there rules to differentiate between posts and compositions?

An artefact of positioning is different than mere reply...

Anyhow, it is your forum...we shall abide by your rules.. no worries!

Mangus
I think we should maintain the common standards of writing to increase the quality of the forum. However, i have no issues if someone is not perfect in english or writing, but they should do their best. This is not aimed at you btw, just a common observation.

I think we should maintain the common standards of writing to increase the quality of the forum. However, i have no issues if someone is not perfect in english or writing, but they should do their best. This is not aimed at you btw, just a common observation.

Brother mine,

Never thought for once!

You are our own...

Quality is what the content is, perhaps... if thought, research and compeling idea is in it... I should think... just a thought from this end.

Moderation is Ours... you are ours... Pakistan is ours....

I just find it painful to read when the Idea of Pakistan is ...well... I leave it unsaid... I just hope that somethings remain Sacred!

And secterian poison needs to be Crushed with vengence here on PDF... rest we can handle anything that enemies through at us!

Mangus

@jaibi this is what I meant about disallowing religious discussion:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/disg...aturalize-homosexuality-among-muslims.655926/

By locking this thread, you are taking away our right as Muslims to lambaste the people that are denigrating our religion. You will be selectively promoting an irreligious agenda if you exclude religion from discussion, while allowing social issues to be discussed in general.

And while we are on the topic, what if someone was to post Nara-e-Takbeer Allahu Akbar to celebrate a success of Pakistan or Muslims? Is that also disallowed?

Heartily agree.

Perform a survey of reputable English language forums. See what is the norm in terms of grammar, spelling, formatting. As a forum accessible to the entire world, you should expect people to view your forum though the same lens.

The main problem isn't that we have a lot of ethnic speakers on the forum. The main problem is lack of self-respect, and lack of initiative.

f
PTI is the only pro establishment party around. So just get lost.

forum tumharey baap ka nahi hai

na ye container hai jahan sab ko galiyan baki jaeen

kabhi samne aao to bataoon ga, internet pe chore hote ho,

Yeah we are troll and people like you who dont want to pay tax and when we ask pay your taxes so that country can develop rather than complain look this happened and that happened you ran away and asking for shelters.

meray paisey

meri marzi

NO TAX to IMF govt

ab jao container pe charh jao , shabash

How will this rule be implemented. This happens 24/7 on this forum:

Personal attacks

Do not attack any individual nor use any abusive language towards their ethnic / national / religious identity for any purpose.

Also revise the statement as:

Personal attacks

Do not attack any individual nor use any abusive language towards their ethnic / national / religious identity / political views expressed on the forum.

f

forum tumharey baap ka nahi hai

na ye container hai jahan sab ko galiyan baki jaeen

kabhi samne aao to bataoon ga, internet pe chore hote ho,

meray paisey

meri marzi

NO TAX to IMF govt

ab jao container pe charh jao , shabash
What a childish reply. I am not the one who is crying here. Its you and you tag me. See you are those guy who cry for everything and in reality do nothing. You deserve what syed and other do with you.

----------------------------

PLEASE REVIEW AND ADD ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE.

THANK YOU!

@WebMaster @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Dubious @waz @Horus @The Eagle
Please tag others!

"Flaming / baiting

A special form of trolling whereby, threads or posts aimed at inciting an individual or group of people to be emotionally charged and incite fighting are not allowed. PDF is especially against using such posts or threads to incite hatred against politically belligerent nations or group of people e.g. Indians, Pakistanis or Saudis, Iranians etc. This would only add fuel to the flames. That’s not what PDF stands for."

My personal favourite. The clause discouraging flame baiting is itself flame baiting four named nationalities (and etc!). Change the text here to better reflect what you are trying to say.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom