What's new

PDF RULES AND REGULATIONS REVISED (INPUT NEEDED)

That's a very good idea, thank you!

People aren't clear as to what 'flaming / baiting' is. I've talked to a lot of users here and many times they don't think it's so. The text specifies using examples and we don't want any confusions being used. As you've seen some error I'd request that you please suggest the text for the rule.

PDF isn't a religious forum. Please, ask @WebMaster for this suggestion, sir, it's above my authority here though personally I think allowing religious discussions would bring the site down because people become too emotional about it. Unfortunately, that's not my just my opinion but the ground reality. Look at this post, as an example, everyone knows that the management is here but they can't help but sling mud at each other over political opinions (PTI vs PML-N posts) you expect that they'd handle religious discussions?
"...PDF is especially against using such posts or threads to incite hatred against specific nations or defined groups of people e.g. Indians, Pakistanis or Saudis, Iranians etc. ..."

There are Moderators here who openly admit to not living in Pakistan and yet there flags are Pakistanis. Law should be applied to all and sundry not just whom Mods don't personally like/dislike.

Please, check my update on the OP. Thank you.

I think they do, brother, that's why they're reporting items based on the post :)
Nobody cares...

Brother, this isn't the place to discuss that though I do agree that rules are just as much for us as they are for everyone else. If you think that a violation is taking place could you please make a thread in GHQ and address the @WebMaster ? Obviously, we'd like you to point out things and work towards a solution.

Thank you.
There are Moderators here who openly admit to not living in Pakistan and yet there flags are Pakistanis. Law should be applied to all and sundry not just whom Mods don't personally like/dislike.

I think they do, brother, that's why they're reporting items based on the post :)

Brother, this isn't the place to discuss that though I do agree that rules are just as much for us as they are for everyone else. If you think that a violation is taking place could you please make a thread in GHQ and address the @WebMaster ? Obviously, we'd like you to point out things and work towards a solution.

Thank you.

What if even Webbie's current location is not in Pakistan and he's having 2 Pakistani flags? Same thing goes for Horus and Dubious etc. lol

Goes to show you about you and your 'rules'.

This whole exercise is to remove that natural bias. Agree with you there that rules should apply to everyone, not based on favorites.

What if even Webbie's current location is not in Pakistan and he's having 2 Pakistani flags? Same thing goes for Horus and Dubious etc. lol

A lot of team lives both in Pakistan and out. There is no need to bring those petty things. We are flexible with location flag, hence it is editable. Country flag, not so much once its set.

Pakistan is not a so called 'neutral' and 'secular' state. We are officially an Islamic Republic by constitutional declarations and our Army even made " A follower of none but Allah, the fear of Allah , strive for Allah" as it's official motto.
Therefore, if you exclude our official stands on Islam from PDF and ban our official motto from this forum, it effectively makes PDF a non -Pakistani defense forum. I am ok with it but you have to clearly mention that PDF is no way reflecting the views of the Pakistan Armed Forces. Any Pakistan Armed Forces Member will keep that in mind before either commenting or posing a thread as well as reading. Thank you.

Brother, a lot of people move around. I've been here since 2012. Is this something personal? If so, again, not the place to discuss this. It has nothing to do with my posts and I won't censor you so you can be a martyr if that's your intent (not assuming it to be). I'm here to talk and listen, so are we all but do know that it becomes quite obvious in a while what's happening. Anything else to add?

----------------------------

PLEASE REVIEW AND ADD ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE.

THANK YOU!

@WebMaster @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Dubious @waz @Horus @The Eagle
Please tag others!
Please, check my update on the OP. Thank you.
It's really wonderful and great that you guys are working to improve the quality of this form,many good members have left ..now a days most of the Pakistanies can't even spell India properly,I hope you guys got what I ment.

This site should be for the Mert folks!!! Certain members are too “touchy feely” for a defense forum!! They should go for LGBT forums....

Thank you. We're cracking down on the slurs being used here.
It's really wonderful and great that you guys are working to improve the quality of this form,many good members have left ..now a days most of the Pakistanies can't even spell India properly,I hope you guys got what I ment.

Lol, Bro, touchy feelies also are welcome here as are touch members, such as yourself :)
This site should be for the Mert folks!!! Certain members are too “touchy feely” for a defense forum!! They should go for LGBT forums....

@jaibi

Heavy censorship and moderation essentially limit the freedom of expression in a debate.
What about Politicology of Religion ? In Pakistan, Politics and religion are inherently intertwined.
Also, rising ethno-fascism is a reality.. banning such discussions won't end the threats we are facing today

I understand this forum isn’t for religious debates, I.e., polemics!! However, what’s about forwarding a religious doctrine, understanding, advice, observation, admonition etc. as a part of strengthening the argument or reasoning of the post? And, doing it without belittling others’ faiths...

Salam, bahijaan! Hope you're doing awesome! I agree with you and we'll be creating a new moderating system and guide to make sure that we balance things out and not suffocate a healthy environment for an exchange.
As far as religion is concerned then, at least for now, it has to be curtailed unfortunately and the decision is beyond me. We won't be banning anything else :)

Nice to see you here !
@jaibi

Heavy censorship and moderation essentially limit the freedom of expression in a debate.
What about Politicology of Religion ? In Pakistan, Politics and religion are inherently intertwined.
Also, rising ethno-fascism is a reality.. banning such discussions won't end the threats we are facing today

Once most users are for it and would uphold that dignity this may change, brother but sadly as of now, it'd cause more problems than help in anything :( we'd get there one day, hopefully IA!
I understand this forum isn’t for religious debates, I.e., polemics!! However, what’s about forwarding a religious doctrine, understanding, advice, observation, admonition etc. as a part of strengthening the argument or reasoning of the post? And, doing it without belittling others’ faiths...

Back
Top Bottom