What's new

PDF Project: Case study of IRAQ-IRAN WAR

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Asalamelikum everyone,

The Iraq-Iran war of the 1980s is considered as the last 20th century war. A war between two sides that were more or less equally matched in terms of air, naval and ground forces. This should be extensively studied yet surprisingly there is little to around for it.

I suggest we do a project on the Iraq-Iran War/ 1st Gulf War, leave out the politics, focus on the military action and development.

I welcome Iranian and Iraqi members of PDF to collaborate on this project and stick to an academic rather than national discourse.

We shall figure out the management if enough members are interested in it.

Thank you and give me your comments.

Jaibi mate,
We must also include political studies too,due to which this huge tragedy took place.
We must analyse those lapses due to which collapse took place between two regimes of different countries.
So,let us divide the work into two sections:
-The political aspect of Iraq-Iran war.
-Comparative analysis of Iran-Iraq armed forces.

nice project ! i'm more than willing to participate . u could use some help from these guys too @ResurgentIran @JEskandari

notify me if the project was launched . thanks for the effort @jaibi @Alpha1

but i hope the project will be real , rational and empty of ultra-nationalism . a project based on facts only

thanku
ofcourse it is real,we will do neutral analysis.
--------------------------------------
Trollers please keep themselves away from this project.

Using wikipedia as the main source or what ?

Since the Arabic and Persian sources are full of non neutral propaganda.

nice project ! i'm more than willing to participate . u could use some help from these guys too @ResurgentIran @JEskandari

but i hope the project will be real , rational and empty of ultra-nationalism . a project based on facts only

thanku

Iraqis were a mess despite the whole behind them From USSR To USA they lost + Chemical weapons + Iraqs whole Army & AF bieng relnished from time to time

Vs a Iran whose Armed forces specially the AF was crippled by Americans + the Ayathollas purged a lot of experienced Officers from Army & airforce

How the hell Iraqis lost I simply Understand:pop:

This seriously requires a case study
All the best for it

It's such a long war, the longest in 20th century, so it won't be that easy to make a project about it.

I've some other sources that I took from the net. I'm sure others would be found if we look for it.

We can start and confine it :)
It's such a long war, the longest in 20th century, so it won't be that easy to make a project about it.

Actually, in terms of military, they were quite, evenly matched, still, Iranian were able route it very late into the war. It still deserves more attention then it's gotten.

A special interest I have is in the naval operation that took place.

Iraqis were a mess despite the whole behind them From USSR To USA they lost + Chemical weapons + Iraqs whole Army & AF bieng relnished from time to time

Vs a Iran whose Armed forces specially the AF was crippled by Americans + the Ayathollas purged a lot of experienced Officers from Army & airforce

How the hell Iraqis lost I simply Understand:pop:

This seriously requires a case study
All the best for it

All sources give something up :) we can filter out the information as there are techniques for that.

If you can convince them in it'd be great :) We'll keep it real by having editors and peer-reviews from good international members, Pakistanis, Indian, Chinese, Russian and others here.

thanku

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom