What's new

We may strike Iraq jihadists, ally with foe Iran, US says

They are baddest? I know they're evil. Their evil outmatches what Hezzies or IRGC can put forward.

Killing doesn't seem to be a problem with them with it comes to whom they perceive as enemies. But then again, the Iraq/Syria regimes can't claim a moral high ground either. Which is why people are hesitant to support the governments. These are two of the worst 'governments' in the region who don't listen to their people at all because the minority is Sunni. They aren't important, which is why Maliki needs to go and there needs to be equal representation.

That's not possible... .. Once ISIL fall back to Sunni areas and if Iranian enter there the situation will totally change... its going to be real Shia-Sunni war and you'll see more Sunnis supporting and entering to fight against Iranians and the Iraqi army which now consists of mostly Shias

We know you hope for an all out civil war, but it's not going to happen. This will be limited to Iraq and Syria.

They are baddest? I know they're evil. Their evil outmatches what Hezzies or IRGC can put forward.

So you think, look into the Ayatollah's eyes young one, look into those pools of absolute bleakness and the void shall swallow you.

They (ISIL) are violent yes, brutal and barbaric, the Iraqi forces probably didn't know what hit them BUT the Iranians were willing to let their college students run over mine fields in the Iran-Iraq war, remember the Basij? ISIL will rue the day if they attempt to deliver upon their 'next stop Tehran' utterances.

Last edited:
We know you hope for an all out civil war, but it's not going to happen. This will be limited to Iraq and Syria.

Iraq and Syria are limited to you??? and when did i say i hoped for this fight??? Seen the videos of your pet ISIL's butchering...

That's not possible... .. Once ISIL fall back to Sunni areas and if Iranian enter there the situation will totally change... its going to be real Shia-Sunni war and you'll see more Sunnis supporting and entering to fight against Iranians and the Iraqi army which now consists of mostly Shias

Indeed, only difference being that with sustained air cover from the Americans any regrouping within Iraq itself will be impossible, after that its a matter of holding the borders and minimizing infiltration. It can be done, the cost will be huge, is Iran and the US willing to pay it?

I think we know what to do in the short term. It's just this is something which will go on in the long term due to the state of the region. Unless the Iraqi government appeals to the minorities and makes attractive reform. There's no long term solution. Did the Iraqi government respond to any calls by the US president for political reform?

The Iraqi government has wanted to be rid of the US for years, minus some requests for airstrikes on rebels that were self-preserving in nature.

I think the American public and even the politicians are seeing that while Democracy can be a wonderful thing, it is not and will never be a one-size-fits-all solution for the world. Without built in protections and inclusion for minority parties, in cultures where there are violent conflicts between such parties, there will never be peace.

Iran is in the situation.

CBS News can confirm that the head of Iran’s elite paramilitary Quds force, Qassem Suleimani, is in Baghdad along with a contingent of Iranian fighters.

CBS News: Head Of Iran’s Elite Paramilitary Force, Iranian Fighters In Baghdad « CBS DC

He will get approval but backlash if the House(Republicans) see any cooperation with Iran. The thing is how will it go from there? I don't how the future is going to look for the Iraqi/Syria vicinity.

Lindsey Graham, one of the most extremist Republicans when it comes to Iran. Guess what he said yesterday?

Iran Hawk Lindsey Graham Says We Need to Work With Iran to Fix Iraq - The Wire

There is a common understanding among almost all countries in the world that ISIL is a dangerous terrorist group and most be eliminated.

Indeed, only difference being that with sustained air cover from the Americans any regrouping within Iraq itself will be impossible, after that its a matter of holding the borders and minimizing infiltration. It can be done, the cost will be huge, is Iran and the US willing to pay it?

What if Sunnis from Iraq take arms?? US's strike too going to be limited then.. KSA wouldn't just sit and watch as they are the feeders of ISIL... there's no way Iraq/Iranian Military can stop the Infiltration of terrorists into Iraq.. Sunnis would never allow themselves to be ruled by Shias if ISIL loose.... the bloodshed willgo on for decades.. US and Iran can't do anything about it... its not fight between military to military

Lindsey Graham, one of the most extremist Republicans when it comes to Iran. Guess what he said yesterday?

Iran Hawk Lindsey Graham Says We Need to Work With Iran to Fix Iraq - The Wire

There is a common understanding among almost all countries in the world that ISIL is a dangerous terrorist group and most be eliminated.

And he will condemn Iran right after. Trust me on this, the republicans always try scoring political points against the administration and will condemn him with cooperating with Iran eventually.

Unless behind the doors there have been relations between the two.

The issue here is that you don't have to acknowledge that they're a violent group. All is needed is for one to oppose the Iraqi government which will allow this to go on. Which is why the Iraqi government desperately needs reform so we can all stand behind them.

Otherwise they will be seen as the same sectarian government which overlooks its minorities.

What if Sunnis from Iraq take arms?? US's strike too going to be limited then.. KSA wouldn't just sit and watch as they are the feeders of ISIL... there's no way Iraq/Iranian Military can stop the Infiltration of terrorists into Iraq.. Sunnis would never allow themselves to be ruled by Shias if ISIL loose.... the bloodshed willgo on for decades.. US and Iran can't do anything about it... its not fight between military to military

True, the fight won't stop there and nor will the bloodshed, I am not addressing the larger problem I am simply stating that ISIL itself can be rooted out with a concentrated campaign. After that the bloodbath will continue but it will shift in the favor of the Iraqi and Iranian forces, people will suffer even then, ending their suffering is not the concern though. Stabilizing Iraq to the extent where at least whole cities are not being gobbled up and the oil lines are secure is the aim, the rest (that is the safety of the common folk irrespective of their sect) is not in our interest to pursue or expend energy over.

Back
Top Bottom