What's new

PDF Project: Case study of IRAQ-IRAN WAR

It's one thing to read it like this and another to go into the details of it. If you're interested please do join up. i'm sure there were loads of good battles.
well let me disappoint you only 1-2 naval operation occurred before the Iraqi navy completely get destroyed by two angry Iranian f-4 pilot . well in fact those guys blow everything Iraqi that could float in the operation morvarid (to be honest it wasn't much to begin with)

and if you want to knew why those pilots were angry it was because two Iranian Combattante II missile Boat (Joshan and Peykan ) made a siege on Al-Faw and Um-AlQasr port and start shelling the facilities of the port and trap 60 foreign ship there , Iraq responded by sending eight p6 torpedo boat and 5 fast attack OSA II boat . as result Iranian boat sink 2 OSA II boats by harpoon (well one of the rare success of harpoon in our navy and I guess repeated failure of the version of that missile resulted in our navy decide to abandon that missile in favor of C-802) then three remaining OSA II boat closed on Peykan and sank it with several p15-termit missile but before it sank peykan sent some message and ask for help and Iran sent two f4 and those guys when arrived that was two late and that made them mad and they not only destroyed he ship but any facility they could find. as a result Iraq lost 80% of it's navy and didn't recover from it even after the war.

so you hardly can find any interesting naval operation in that war.

well something else I can say in that war we had best record in naval battle by using Maverick and worst by using Harpoon

We've all the time we need, mate, no need to rush. My policy is to have lax schedule and high quality. Sadly, @Alpha1, I, @Secur and @Slav Defence are tied up in the PDF Wiki project so we really cannot take this up.

i would be willing , but i must warn u !!

i am in my exams season !! this project might take time .....

if u think u can find someone better , i can help him/her .

what happened to @Alpha1 ?

let to be honest , it was not our navy that won Operation morvarid , it was our air force

yep , hosseyn maverick it is !!

RIP

We've all the time we need, mate, no need to rush. My policy is to have lax schedule and high quality. Sadly, @Alpha1, I, @Secur and @Slav Defence are tied up in the PDF Wiki project so we really cannot take this up.

i really cant do this with no help mate !!

@JEskandari would u help bro ?

Sir-jee, why don't you head the team? Right now @haman10 is in, I'm sure more would come as well.

@haman10 I think it would be better if Ranger heads it so people won't say it was 'baised' towards Iran, using your nationality.
Sure thing, anything i can do to help out. Will do :)

Sir-jee, why don't you head the team? Right now @haman10 is in, I'm sure more would come as well.

@haman10 I think it would be better if Ranger heads it so people won't say it was 'baised' towards Iran, using your nationality.

Sir i don't like leading, i prefer to follow :D. I think having an Iranian as lead is important, we still have oversight from everyone at TT for impartiality's sake.

I can sympathise, sirjee, I'm similar :(

@haman10 okie dokie you're the lead/manager for PDF-Iraq-Iran War Project now. We've @RescueRanger in the team. Let's see if more guys turn in to help.
Sir i don't like leading, i prefer to follow :D. I think having an Iranian as lead is important, we still have oversight from everyone at TT for impartiality's sake.

We'll peer review it, mate, it'd be unbaised. Lead as in like management, that's it, nothing more.
lead ? it doesnt matter at all !! al i care is is that we create sth credible and non-biased !

Now if we could have a professional in the team to put in the tactical eye on the information we get and be able to point out possible propoganda from reality, that'd be great.

@jhungary @Joe Shearer @asad71 @notorious_eagle @Pakistanisage

any takers?

The great Aero :D, yara, @Secur will kill me for this :( we're already so low for the PDF Wiki project. We really need an intro to the Strategic Forces (few missles are done, some left) and our nuclear doctrine. I'm not an expert @Oscar is busy, why don't you help us there first and then come over to this one?

@jaibi I'm in.... give me some work :D

@jaibi.......let us decide pattern first....
The Iran Iraq war case Study needs to de discussed one by one.
I introduce you two types of formats:
-The chronology style(discussions of topic with timeline)
-The trilogy style.
Now what is trilogy?
A trilogy is defined as a book which is divided into 3 sections.
Applying such format,we can divide our research into,three sections:
-before war ie political situation which leads to warfare
-during war ie all operations from Iraq and then Iran
-After war ie life loss,casualties

Back
Top Bottom