What's new

Iran vows to crush 'terrorism' in Iraq

As far as Hezbollah, perhaps the situation in Lebanon is more complicated than I appreciate, but from an outsider's perspective, it seems that Hezbollah is the strongest political group precisely because it is a guerrilla group. Hezbollah's takeover of Beirut in 2008 because it disagreed with the government's shutdown of its telecommunication network is not the political response of a loyal opposition, but rather a military response against the sovereign government. Hezbollah essentially toppled the government and installed itself. So, yes, they have ministers in the government--I wonder why?

In any case, let's hope for the best in Iraq, but it will probably get worse before it gets better.

If you look at the 2008 operation , you'll see Hezbollah never fought Lebanese army in that conflict and anybody who they captured was handed to the army immediately .
no someone asks who were the armed group that Hezbollah was fighting with in that conflict and why they were armed and how they come to control half of Beirut at the beginning of the conflict ?

If you look at the 2008 operation , you'll see Hezbollah never fought Lebanese army in that conflict and anybody who they captured was handed to the army immediately .
no someone asks who were the armed group that Hezbollah was fighting with in that conflict and why they were armed and how they come to control half of Beirut at the beginning of the conflict ?

Hezbollah is armed, and it, not the Lebanese army, controls the Shiite areas, correct? So why would anyone ask if there are other armed groups and how they came to control Sunni areas?

The real question is, why hasn't Lebanon been partitioned already? It's clear the various groups will never identify simply as "Lebanese," and do not trust each other enough to elect a non-sectarian government (see: the current failure to elect a Lebanese president).

Whether we agree with each other on other issues or not, I want to warn about the person speaking with you. He's pro-Israel and is trying to bash Iran as well for supporting an organization against Israel. Before you might waste your time, this guy wants to heckle you over Iranian support to organizations which oppose Israeli policy.

Right, because if I'm not fanatically pro-Palestinian like you, that means I hate Iran. Good logic.

Hezbollah is armed, and it, not the Lebanese army, controls the Shiite areas, correct? So why would anyone ask if there are other armed groups and how they came to control Sunni areas?

The real question is, why hasn't Lebanon been partitioned already? It's clear the various groups will never identify simply as "Lebanese," and do not trust each other enough to elect a non-sectarian government (see: the current failure to elect a Lebanese president).
I guess the failure of Lebanese political system is due to Taief agreement that artificially divide the power between groups instead of letting Lebanese choose whom they want , the agreement seemed good at the time but as the Lebanon situation changed vastly at the time it need serious revising ,well at least it's what I think.

no Hezbollah don't control the Shia area maybe some urban area were its their strong hold like Zahia is but the rest of the area i under the control of the Lebanon armed force.and let look at it , they are the ones that never fought against Lebanese armed force , and let look at 2008 conflict , they practically took over half of Beirut but they didn't take any where for even half the day , and as soon as they took the area they handed it to the army , when they took the prisoners they didn't take them , they handed them to army or look at it in another light when army need help in any matter ,they ask Hezbollah not the other armed groups.

Back
Top Bottom