What's new

Iran vows to crush 'terrorism' in Iraq

Sometimes I feel that U.S.A 'cleared' Iraq for Al-Qaeda to take over.....
Iran has no other choice but to stop them.....as they will start creating trouble like Pakistan when they will grow stronger.......

If they can hit the US on another continent, Iran is just around the corner. Iranian interventionism is not in the best interests of the Iranian people.

If they can hit the US on another continent, Iran is just around the corner. Iranian interventionism is not in the best interests of the Iranian people.
Normally I'd agree with you, but these sunni terrorists are worse than a thousand akhoonds and mullahs.

If you're talking about isolated terrorist events than sure, they might sneak a bomb or two here and there. That's nothing compared to what will happen if they're allowed to roam around freely. You know this first hand.

Its not, but Iranian interventionism in Syria and Iraq will hit Iran at home.

We shouldn't wait for them to come to our borders, so we get them in Iraq. As @Abii said, unlike Iraq, they have no significant support base in Iran, in a country were the majority are either Shias or non-religious and the absolute majority of Sunnis do not approve of any extremist action and mentality. They won't be able to do anything to Iran except some random bombings in border areas and attacking border guards/posts. So it's important to kill as much of them as possible now.

And besides, you think if we don't fight them, they will love us? They are already thirsty for our blood. Last night, ISIL spokesman said they will also attack Iran, so it doesn't get any worse if we fight them in Iraq or in our own borders.

I wouldn't call it interventionism, I call it deterring a threat before it gets to you. Also, Iraq's government is very close to Iran, we should help them in these difficult times.

I don't think there will be any major direct interference by Iran like sending forces, but I believe Iran will ramp up training of different forces in Iraq to deter ISIL, it's the best way to fight them, asymmetric warfare. Regular armies are usually ineffective, even U.S army had difficulty dealing with them.

Last edited:
i think Iran can do sth similar to what shah did during the Dhofar Rebellion.
s a result of Sultan Qaboos's diplomatic initiatives, theShah of Iranhad sent anIranian Armybrigade numbering 1,200 and with its own helicopters to assist the Sultan's Armed Forces in 1973. The Iranian brigade first secured the Salalah-Thumrait road. In 1974, the Iranian contribution was expanded into the Imperial Iranian Task Force, numbering 4,000. They attempted to establish another interdiction line, codenamed the "Damavand Line", running fromManston, a few miles east of Sarfait, to the coast near the border with the PDRY. Heavy opposition from theadoo, which included artillery fire from within the PDRY, thwarted this aim for several months. Eventually, the town of Rahkyut, which the PFLO had long maintained as the capital of their liberated territory, fell to the Iranian task force
sending artillery and AF but no foot soldiers.

Nor is sitting quietly and quietly watch an Al-Qaeda take-over of Iraq not only in Iran's interests, but not in the interests of any country in the region.
Look at the problem Pakistan is grappling with the Pakistani Talibans, by being too inactive and not taking such security threats seriously. They kill your own soldiers.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of what Iran does it will be blowback in one way or another.

Nor is sitting quietly and quietly watch an Al-Qaeda take-over of Iraq not only in Iran's interests, but not in the interests of any country in the region.
Look at the problem Pakistan is grappling with the Pakistani Talibans, by being too inactive and not taking such security threats seriously. They kill your own soldiers.

Fact of the matter is, regardless of what Iran does it will be blowback in one way or another.
looool Pakistan Taliban can't even take a city, it's been decades!

but ISIS occupied cities...! big difference so don't compare.

is that AKHOOOOOOOND still busy

looool Pakistan Taliban can't even take a city, it's been decades!

but ISIS occupied cities...! big difference so don't compare.

I didnt compare their potency, but rather point out the fact that extreme Jihadi pose a security threat to the state. And if not taken seriously, it will grow like a cancer. Iraq has now reached late stage of cancer.
But its also understandable, because the central government of Iraq is really weak.

Back
Top Bottom