What's new

PCB warns BCCI!!! PCB chief threatens to boycott India in all ICC events: Report

The argument that Pakistan does with trade is that Indian stands to benefit (even though Pakistan does too). PCB does not care much for the cricket that is not being played but for the $ 60-90 million that PCB won't get if India does not play. India would essentially be rewarding Pakistan with a bonanza if they agree to play. For that to happen, the situation can't be too adversarial. Does not have to be very friendly but being in the dumps is certainly not conducive.

:lol: That's real funny.

There may be some wayward incidences.

The relations are worst and people to people relations may bring some semblance. It is fine not to have trade with Pakistan but having a situation where information doesn't flow could prove be worrisome.

Breaking News : PCB warns BCCI!!!

PCB chief threatens India.
Says Play with us or we will boycott India!!!

PCB chief threatens to boycott India in all ICC events: Report
Friday, 25 September 2015 - 10:35am IST | Place: Karachi | Agency: PTI
    Shares

Shahryar Khan made it clear that if the BCCI backed out of the MoU signed for the proposed series, then Pakistan would have to consider several options and one of them could be the refusal to play against India in ICC and ACC events or at any level.
  • Shahryar Khan
Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shaharyar Khan has threatened to boycott India in ICC and Asian Cricket Council events if the BCCI officially refused to play the proposed series againstPakistan in December, according to a report.

In a hard-hitting statement, Khan said it was disappointing that until now the BCCI had not even sought permission for the December series from the concerned ministry in India. "Nothing is final or decided as yet but if the Indian Board officially backs out of the series, then we have the option of boycotting all matches against them in ICC and ACC events as well," Khan was quoted as saying by 'Express' newspaper.

Khan, a retired career diplomat, said that with December approaching, the BCCI needs to come out with a clear reply to the letter sent by the PCB regarding the status of the proposed series. "I sent the letter on 28 August and I am still waiting for a reply. They (the BCCI) should tell us whether they want to play the series or not. Because if they say they don't have government clearance and refuse to play the series, then we reserve the right to act against the Indian Board for not honoring an agreement at every level," Khan added.

The PCB chief also said that since the secretary of the BCCI -- Anurag Thakur -- was a politician, that was why he was giving negative statements on Indo-Pak relations. Khan made it clear that if the BCCI backed out of the MoU signed for the proposed series, then Pakistan would have to consider several options and one of them could be the refusal to play against India in ICC and ACC events or at any level.

"I am not saying we have decided to do this or we will do it but certainly if we don't get to host our home series in December, then we have to consider appropriate action as well," he said. India and Pakistan have not played against each other since 2007, the last time the two countries played a proper bilateral Test series.

Pakistan toured India in late 2012 for a short one-day series, and apart from that tour, the two countries have only played against each other in ICC or ACC events.

PCB chief threatens to boycott India in all ICC events: Report | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

This is what makes Pakistan a Laughing stock of the world... they can't even manage to organize much hyped super league in Pakistan...and they want India to play in Pakistan....
Some facts my friends...

There may be some wayward incidences.

The relations are worst and people to people relations may bring some semblance. It is fine not to have trade with Pakistan but having a situation where information doesn't flow could prove be worrisome.

The idea that cricket would bring calm is not very realistic. Both India & Pakistan look at sports, especially cricket as war without the guns.

This is not about sports, its simply an issue of money for Pakistan & a way to show displeasure by India.

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:The indians still have nightmares of AANAY DO series:sniper:.Can someone plz put the aanay do commercial and the result

Pakistan has nightmares of world cup defeats... for decades now..

Good decision, Pakistan should boycott India in ICC events , apart from Semi Finals and Finals which are mandatory .

By Boycotting India in any match Pakistan will give India 3 EASY points

It is like a WALKOVER given or conceded

First step would be to appoint a proper PCB chairman etc.

This lifafa journalist Sethi being the head of PCB is an insult to the whole nation.

Now having said that, I fully and absolutely endorse the decision of boycotting India, not only in Cricket but also in all other sporting events. There is absolutely no point in playing with this insecure "Dehati Aurat". Because we know how this country behaves, once they lose to us.

And @ Indians: The world does not revolve around India. Look around, it is huge and if you think by not playing with you, we'll go bankrupt etc, well good luck with that! You have been trying this for more than 25-30 years, and even arranged the terrorist attacks on visiting Sri Lanka team. But we are still thriving!

The matter of fact is, that we Pakistanis can live with boycotting India, but can you Indians live without us? Nah, you can't. Hundreds of un-invited trolls participating on PDF is a clearly reflect the combine psychology of Indians (no disrespect to few good Indians on PDF).

That doesnt mean that i support this boycott. Was clarifying his point which you could not pick.....
I know what sane minded people like you would support.
but still I miss the wired tension and adrenaline of watching India - Pakistan play in Eden Gardens.
Eden Garden is a lovely place, isn't it. Lovely place. Pakistan has always given tough time to India, except in World cups.
The argument that Pakistan does with trade is that Indian stands to benefit (even though Pakistan does too). PCB does not care much for the cricket that is not being played but for the $ 60-90 million that PCB won't get if India does not play. India would essentially be rewarding Pakistan with a bonanza if they agree to play. For that to happen, the situation can't be too adversarial. Does not have to be very friendly but being in the dumps is certainly not conducive.
BCCI will eventually agree, mark my words. This drama that happens should stop already.

Its like a rat warns elephant:o:
The rat has a better record against the Elephant. Financially, yes. Don't take the threats seriously.

PCB is helpless since virtually india is controlling cricket board

Top 10 Richest Cricket Boards

From your list, we learn one thing.

Despite the worst of the situations that our country finds itself in, we are still better than New Zealand, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Australia etc. And not far from England.

So now if the security situation improves a little bit more, which it definitely will (Insha Allah), we are going to get our clout back.

So good luck with the delusional thinking that India controls the world (for Indians it is not just cricket, but the world).

Eden Garden is a lovely place, isn't it. Lovely place. Pakistan has always given tough time to India, except in World cups.

Eden Gardens, is just beautiful - fill it up with 90,000 Cricket Crazy Bengalis and it becomes a sight to behold - transcendental. I have had the privilege of sitting in the club house and commentary box during a live game and the view from there is something which I will happily carry back to my grave. I used to play foot-ball over there back in school days don't think they allow it anymore /Sigh

Now days I don't like visiting stadiums as IPL is not my cup of tea but anyway If you ever visit India and wish to watch a match in Eden - Gardens may be contact me, can easily arrange quality tickets as I am a member.

Regards

Last edited:
Sounds interesting.

So if in the next world cup or 20-20 or Champions trophy if India and Pakistan meets in quarter semi or final, they will just walk away?:o:

Eden Gardens, is just beautiful - fill it up with 90,000 Cricket Crazy Bengalis and it becomes a sight to behold - transcendental. I have had the privilege of sitting in the club house and commentary box during a live game and the view from there is something which I will happily carry back to my grave. I used to play foot-ball over there back in school days don't think they allow it anymore /Sigh

Now days I don't like visiting stadiums as IPL is not my cup of tea but anyway If you ever visit India and wish to watch a match in Eden - Gardens may be contact me, can easily arrange quality arrange tickets as I am a member.

Regards
Why not, maybe one day. I have always enjoyed watching Cricket in Eden Garden, has it's own history and you know that feeling.
Sounds interesting.

So if in the next world cup or 20-20 or Champions trophy if India and Pakistan meets in quarter semi or final, they will just walk away?:o:
:o:Don't take the threats seriously. It's PCB......

Not only this, but Pakistan must boycott any sporting event taking place in India on security grounds.

Our player's lives are far more precious than some sporting event. And in this hostile country, our players are really in danger!

Back
Top Bottom