What's new

PCB asks BCCI to host Pakistan home series: Report

IPL5

BANNED
Reaction score
KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Zaka Ashraf, in an effort to resume bilateral cricket ties with India, has asked chairman Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) N Srinivasan if India would be willing to play host to Pakistan’s home series in the future.
According to a Press Trust of India (PTI) report, Ashraf told Srinivasan that Pakistan would be willing to play its future home series on Indian soil if the Indian board was ready to host them.
Ashraf also told the Indian board President and ICC President, Sharad Pawar, that if India agreed to host Pakistan’s ‘home’ matches the PCB would pay for all the expenses involved in the venture.
Recently Misbahul Haq also called for resuming bilateral cricket ties with India, saying that It would benefit not just the two countries but the world of cricket too.
Earlier, Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) leader Nawaz Sharif also called for reviving cricketing ties between Pakistan and India to help improve relations between the two countries.
BCCI has avoided any bilateral cricket relations with Pakistan since the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks and since 2009, foreign teams have refused to tour the country due to security concerns, forcing Pakistan to play all home series at neutral venues like the UAE, England and New Zealand.

PCB asks BCCI to host Pakistan home series: Report – The Express Tribune

I dnt think its possible .... Even Pakistani dnt like this

i think india shud include pakistanis in successive ipl editions

Great Idea!

We could let Pakistan play in India Kashmir.

And even let them play in Arunachal Pradesh too. :D

Zaka Ashraf is gone nuts... why on earth they'd come for such an agreement? The BCCI's diplomacy in Bangladesh, their influence over ICC and no Pakistan player in IPL is a clear sign that BCCI is up for hunting down PCB and Intl. cricket in Pakistan. PCB has to adopt a preemptive strategy. I'd say they should boycott ICC and direct the funds of PCB to Education and if not then Football and Hockey.

Zaka Ashraf is gone nuts... why on earth they'd come for such an agreement? The BCCI's diplomacy in Bangladesh, their influence over ICC and no Pakistan player in IPL is a clear sign that BCCI is up for hunting down PCB and Intl. cricket in Pakistan. PCB has to adopt a preemptive strategy. I'd say they should boycott ICC and direct the funds of PCB to Education and if not then Football and Hockey.

Yes, very much...

How about Siachen in Dec/Jan ?

Would it not be better during July/August periods?

Anyway, we could host a 3 test series match for Pakistan in Kashmir, Arunchal, and Siachen if they is good infrastructure.

Yes, very much...

I like the arrogance of BCCI in regards to PCB, it should straighten things up which would be helpful in the long run for PCB itself. Remember, Pakistani cricket can survive on it's own and BCCI knows that very well.

I like the arrogance of BCCI in regards to PCB, it should straighten things up which would be helpful in the long run for PCB itself. Remember, Pakistani cricket can survive on it's own and BCCI knows that very well.

Yes so can every other nation. Its really easy, just keep your cricket academies open. Thats all really lol

ECB, ACB etc can all survive without BCCI.

Well done for telling us the obvious.

In that case, PCB should not be asking India and Bangladesh to play against Pakistan.

They should focus more on internal tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom