What's new

PATRIOTIC Pakistani radio host reacts on Bollywood song request during Live call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then i guess we should stop employing Pakistani singers??Well India isn't like Pakistan,their singers are loved here and i also like Atif Aslam very much.
Aren't we being a little hypocritical here? You probably have no idea, what i am pointing at, right? Here, allow me to illustrate my point with the help of following videos
So the question is how many people listen to radio FM 100 in Pakistan and how many people watch Indian Tv channels like Zee Tv???? Do the math & you will find the answers that how much hatred is there in India for anybody or anything, that is Pakistani, do i need to mention Shev Sina?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ok so decided to form ur opinion on these 2 clips and not on the statements these singers themselves had to say about india.Strange.Ur artists have even won peoples choice awards here in india.Tell me is a similar thing possible in pakistan?? I dont think so.

Well it all depends on your personal choice, most people think hollywood is better than bollywood, it isnt always like that watch movies like 'guide','3 idiots' ,'iqbal' these movies would put even the best hollywood movies to shame, so get rid of this misconception that everything west makes is good, it always isnt.

^^^ok so decided to form ur opinion on these 2 clips and not on the statements these singers themselves had to say about india.Strange.Ur artists have even won peoples choice awards here in india.Tell me is a similar thing possible in pakistan?? I dont think so.
Excuse me, i formed an opinion? Reality Check!!!!!!! i am not the one jumping frantically over one RJ's comments. It will be better if you will save your words of wisdom for your country men. As for Pakistani's winning awards in India, one has to bare in mind that they are invited to India for their brilliance in the field of music e.g lets just pick Rahat okay, he enjoys monstrous popularity in India but do you know why? Because he is the best, name any contemporary indian singer of his caliber and i will take my words back............... try to read between the lines and you will get my point. Secondly, we Pakistani's have taste a for POP music and not the filmy kind of music that thrives in India, so naturally in Pakistan demand for Filmy music is very less so this will answer your concerns about why Indian musicians are not so popular in Pakistan.

How to people that worship bollywood movies and bollywood celebrities sleep at night knowing they are traitors to Pakistan?
This is the very same bollywood that spits venom against Pakistan in many movies. Indians are doing a great job in putting Indian culture into the minds of many Pakistanis.
The government is to be blamed for this mess as they have failed to provide support to the Pakistani Film Industry. We have been begging the govt to set up a few film studios and post production studios which we don't have. We are still using cameras from the 70s. The quality of our television and music industry is great, compare our music videos to our films that look like they were made in the 70s.

Anyways this year is supposed to be a comeback for Urdu language Pakistani films, lets see how they do.

How to people that worship bollywood movies and bollywood celebrities sleep at night knowing they are traitors to Pakistan?

ill confess, i even have young cousins who are a bit confused....they'll watch bollywood musicals and then join some facebook page like IPL (india par lanat)

some people are confused with themselves and their views.....though entertainment is just entertainment.

who knows, maybe even Ajmal Kasab was watching bollywod.

in reality, quality content; acting and dialogue not to mention film techniques are what make a movie strong; volume doesnt.

Anyways this year is supposed to be a comeback for Urdu language Pakistani films, lets see how they do.

please elaborate.....

please elaborate.....

Well many big budget movies are releasing this year. This is a list from top of my head.

Love mein gum (Reema, Moammar Rana) - Releasing in March
Bol (Atif Aslam, Humaima Abassi, Iman Ali) - Releasing on April 1st
Bhai Log (Nadeem, Javed Shaikh etc) Releasing on Eid
Chup (Shaan, Juggan Kazim)
Saltanat (Ahsan Khan, Mona Liza)
Devdas (Meera)
Slackistan - Banned in Pakistan
Victim (Humayun Saeed, Meera)
Daag (Humayun Saeed)
Gidh (Humayung Saeed, Mona Liza)
Son of Pakistan
Waar (Directed by Bilal Lashari) - Releasing in Summer

Shaan is making another movie and so is Umar Sharif.

Last edited:
was Slackistan really banned?

i guess i can understand why.

by the way, my cousin's husband (Hammad Khan) directed that film......it was a good film for some laughter, some of the stuff could have been edited a bit better. It's aimed more for western audience than a Pakistani ''common man'' audience in my opinion.

Yeah the censor board have a problem with the dialogues that reference beards, bin laden and taliban. Also they asked them to remove the word lesbian. Even if all this is removed, the movie will still get an 18+ rating.

The movie also references alcohol being enjoyed. I will have a tough time with the censor board in the future as most of my screenplays reference alcohol and drugs.

Slackistan banned – The Express Tribune

its realy funny reading all these comments
sangeet ko bhi baaki nahi chodthe haiwaan.

@silentninja
it was surprising no one caught ur indpendence and 1971 bait. u shoul ba atleast a bit ashamed wen u read d topic once more.
i'm happy 4 pakistan coz i know most of pakistanis in pak are not as stupid nd naive as some so called senior membrs here.

the sole purpose of the film was merely to show the mindset and 'halaat' of some of those 'western' minded upper class and elitist youths in Pakistan

and to show some of the things they really do to occupy their time; they have an economic umbrella thanks to rich parents and inheritance, which is why they don't give a damn and are sometimes confused

i think its silly to BAN the film; but that was their decision so that's how it'll be. Again, it was aimed more for western audience to give an ''other picture'' of Pakistan. To show basically how surprised one would be to see the mindsets and type of things going down in a country where naiive, moronic westerners think its only burqas, beards and talebans

the sole purpose of the film was merely to show the mindset and 'halaat' of some of those 'western' minded upper class and elitist youths in Pakistan

and to show some of the things they really do to occupy their time; they have an economic umbrella thanks to rich parents and inheritance, which is why they don't give a damn and are sometimes confused

i think its silly to BAN the film; but that was their decision so that's how it'll be. Again, it was aimed more for western audience to give an ''other picture'' of Pakistan. To show basically how surprised one would be to see the mindsets and type of things going down in a country where naiive, moronic westerners think its only burqas, beards and talebans
'

Although I havent seen the movie, based on the comments on the movie I feel....
The movie could have served as an awareness medium....but instead it seems it is being served to improved Pakistani image in the west...am I right?

So what was the influencing factor that got this movie banned? Pressure from the elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom