What's new

PA's New Haider MBT is the T99A- Type 99 MBT

Why always we try to copy paste on old design tanks and rename them upgraded versions with some modifications? Why we don't have capacity to design completely new & futuristic main battle tanks, armoured vehicles, and other weapons?. Because in near future all these old technologies going to expired as new digital and most advance technological time started with new technologies like Nano tech, Leaser tech, Solar, thermal tech, etc. Using these technologies we should design something new as now because in near future all existing weapons will be expired as new technologies going to counter each and every old design weapons with new counter measures, new and fast unseen effective disabling, jamming, and deceiving navigational positioning & electronic warfares systems caming into existence.

Bro, you misunderstood my reply, No Pakistan will never buy all of these, instead PA is only looking to buy 'one' Main Battle Tank under the local customized, version of 'Al-Haider' Next Generation Tank Project, which is efficient, fast, modern and perfect for Pakistani terrains and the other only project is the upgrade of AK to AK-II / AK-3 latest standards. These are the only two main projects.

Pakistan is testing MBT 99A, Oplot-M, VT4 and some other western tanks, to select one future MBT, it is also doing tests to compare Al-Khalid's performance. The tests are done on various tanks, to also use the better technologies of other tanks and incorporate into future AK-2/ AK-3 and Haider MBTs.

Both AK and Haider MBTs, have different configurations, weight class, weapon systems, terrain use like deserts, mountainous, plains, marshes, forestry and agricultural areas.

Pakistan wants to market both AK and Haider to world.
---------

please re-read the post, which i was just trying to tell the weaknesses of the tanks yet tested by Pak Army, and so if those weaknesses in Oplot-M, VT-4/MBT-3000 are removed, and upgraded and PA's specifications are implemented, these tanks might be back in contest. For example Russian T-90 initially failed in Hot Indian conditions, and it heated up, but after later modification, and A/C unit, it was ordered by Indian Army, so, Here is my original reply:

"The Pa's Haider program involves testing various platforms n selecting the most perfect suited to its own conditions. The articles link n details r on the OP, t99A is the ideal tank with Pakistani customisation to make it Pak environmental friendly.

Well, AK-II a separate weight class project which should be going into serial production Spring of 2016.

Norinco VT4 MBT-3000 main battle tank Is still on cards along Oplot-M. Not sure how it came about that VT4 is dropped but the fact remains similar to FM-90 SAM, PA had requested some upgrades in VT4 prior to the evaluations. One of the upgrades PA requested to Mbt3000, vt-4 was to have the ability to fire laser guided shells n better armour.

The only thing which is happening with T-80 in Ukraine is that PA has quietly asked for spare parts from the tanks which are stored and withdrawn from service. T-84 op lot-m is an upgrade toT-80s serving in PA.
"
@Dazzler

Drugs and cocaine is ur daily need and ur class of taste.

Were you high drunk when you first said this, ''Plus order from above not to encourage chinese at all. As we are no longer going to take chinses tanks. Because of certain kickback issues.1500 hp" Source: T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

So how come PA is testing Chinese T99A, a new tank again?

Chinese are known to never bribe, infact Ukrainians bribe and give kick backs, which was cleverly concealed.

You are the one who come with fishy news of Ukrainian Oplot-M confirmed tank, later it turned out to be tat it was not selected, and even the tests failed. So keep your idiotic labeling on yourself.
Ok Princess ! But if you could have made a little more effort of going through the post I also mentioned a new engine for the Oplot m will be sent and it will be again tested. Plus the mbt 3000 was and still is an unworthy tank in our desert regions.

Will find out about your so called AK3 as it does not exist next year.

What do you mean ? You want to tell me that Pakistan is building AK 3 going to buy MBT-99 A 2 and also will buy either MBT-3000 or Oplot M ? Is this what you are saying man ? @AsianUnion @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha @Horus @fatman17 @Manticore

Bro, you misunderstood my reply, No Pakistan will never buy all of these, instead PA is only looking to buy 'one' Main Battle Tank under the local customized, version of 'Al-Haider' Next Generation Tank Project, which is efficient, fast, modern and perfect for Pakistani terrains and the other only project is the upgrade of AK to AK-II / AK-3 latest standards. These are the only two main projects.

Pakistan is testing MBT 99A, Oplot-M, VT4 and some other western tanks, to select one future MBT, it is also doing tests to compare Al-Khalid's performance. The tests are done on various tanks, to also use the better technologies of other tanks and incorporate into future AK-2/ AK-3 and Haider MBTs.

Both AK and Haider MBTs, have different configurations, weight class, weapon systems, terrain use like deserts, mountainous, plains, marshes, forestry and agricultural areas meaning defined different unique roles by the two tank types.

Ok Princess ! But if you could have made a little more effort of going through the post I also mentioned a new engine for the Oplot m will be sent and it will be again tested. Plus the mbt 3000 was and still is an unworthy tank in our desert regions.

Will find out about your so called AK3 as it does not exist next year.

Last I knew. you were complaing about Chinese engine on Mbt 3000, somehow u never tried to go with the AK route, where HIT installed the Ukranian engine 1,200 hp (895 kW) 6TD-2 diesel engine on chinese-pak T-90/mbt 2000, but rather proposing to go for overly priced T84 Oplot-M, which squarely failed in tests.

The T-84 is only a further development of the Soviet T-80 main battle tank, which is already in use with Pakistani Army. It was first built in 1994 and entered service in the Ukrainian Army in 1999 i.e 90s design over 25 years old. An external difference of T-84 Oplot-M from earlier models T-80UDs is the new Ukrainian welded turret, replacing the T-80's Russian-built cast turret (some T-80s shipped to Pakistan were fitted with the T-84 welded turret, but the Pakistani T-80 lacked other T84 improvements.

The T-84 is based on the diesel-engined T-80 version, the T-80UD serving in Pak Army and Ukranians with the kickback you will recieve, will only be giving a upgraded T-80UD, called the Oplot-M, with a hefty price tag, making a fool of urself.... and which will cost dearly to the Pakistani exchanger.

Last I knew, Al-khalid, faced much better performance than the Oplot-M, and so will the AK-2 future upgrades, to start rolling out in spring 2016 will out perform Oplot-M.

So I say T99A as Pak variant, AL-Haider MBT, with weight brought down between 52-55 tons will be the perfect tank to modernise, customise, and amend according to Pakistani specifications and requirements and turn into a complete new world class tank variant for future needs as well as make money out of it.

@Zarvan please re-read the post, which i was just trying to tell the weaknesses of the tanks yet tested by Pak Army, and so if those weaknesses in Oplot-M, VT-4/MBT-3000 are removed, and upgraded and PA's specifications are implemented, these tanks might be back in contest. For example Russian T-90 initially failed in Hot Indian conditions, and it heated up, but after later modification, and A/C unit, it was ordered by Indian Army, so, Here is my original reply:

"The Pa's Haider program involves testing various platforms n selecting the most perfect suited to its own conditions. The articles link n details r on the OP, t99A is the ideal tank with Pakistani customisation to make it Pak environmental friendly.

Well, AK-II a separate weight class project which should be going into serial production Spring of 2016.

Norinco VT4 MBT-3000 main battle tank Is still on cards along Oplot-M. Not sure how it came about that VT4 is dropped but the fact remains similar to FM-90 SAM, PA had requested some upgrades in VT4 prior to the evaluations. One of the upgrades PA requested to Mbt3000, vt-4 was to have the ability to fire laser guided shells n better armour.

The only thing which is happening with T-80 in Ukraine is that PA has quietly asked for spare parts from the tanks which are stored and withdrawn from service. T-84 op lot-m is an upgrade toT-80s serving in PA.
"
@Dazzler

Were you high drunk when you first said this, ''Plus order from above not to encourage chinese at all. As we are no longer going to take chinses tanks. Because of certain kickback issues.1500 hp" Source: T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Chinese are known to never bribe, infact Ukrainians bribe and give kick backs, which was cleverly concealed.

You are the one who come with fishy news of Ukrainian Oplot-M confirmed tank, later it turned out to be tat it was not selected, and even the tests failed. So keep your idiotic labeling on yourself.
It is still not confirmed that Pakistan is testing MBT-99 A2, and Mr the person you are replying to is in Army so he knows far better than you. Their is no confirmation that Pakistan is testing MBT-99 A2 as for engine Ukraine has promised to resolve engine issue of T-84 OPLOT M and if they manage to do it soon we would stick to OPLOT M as for MBT-3000 sorry it doesn't even come close to what we require. Pakistan should be part of Ukraine effort to resolve engine issue if they want to check other tank than they should test South Korean Tank

Both AK and Haider MBTs, have different configurations, weight class, weapon systems, terrain use like deserts, mountainous, plains, marshes, forestry and agricultural areas meaning defined different unique roles by the two tank types.

Last I knew. you were complaing about Chinese engine on Mbt 3000, somehow u never tried to go with the AK route, where HIT installed the Ukranian engine 1,200 hp (895 kW) 6TD-2 diesel engine on chinese-pak T-90/mbt 2000, but rather proposing to go for overly priced T84 Oplot-M, which squarely failed in tests.

The T-84 is only a further development of the Soviet T-80 main battle tank, which is already in use with Pakistani Army. It was first built in 1994 and entered service in the Ukrainian Army in 1999 i.e 90s design over 25 years old. An external difference of T-84 Oplot-M from earlier models T-80UDs is the new Ukrainian welded turret, replacing the T-80's Russian-built cast turret (some T-80s shipped to Pakistan were fitted with the T-84 welded turret, but the Pakistani T-80 lacked other T84 improvements.

The T-84 is based on the diesel-engined T-80 version, the T-80UD serving in Pak Army and Ukranians with the kickback you will recieve, will only be giving a upgraded T-80UD, called the Oplot-M, with a hefty price tag, making a fool of urself.... and which will cost dearly to the Pakistani exchanger.

Last I knew, Al-khalid, faced much better performance than the Oplot-M, and so will the AK-2 future upgrades, to start rolling out in spring 2016 will out perform Oplot-M.

So I say T99A as Pak variant, AL-Haider MBT, with weight brought down between 52-55 tons will be the perfect tank to modernise, customise, and amend according to Pakistani specifications and requirements and turn into a complete new world class tank variant for future needs as well as make money out of it.
Mr the engine we tested was 1500 HP not 1200 HP which failed and it is not surprising because the engine is relatively new. So the moment Ukraine resolves the issue we would test OPLOT M again and than we would most probably stick to it because all the Tanks we have tested OPLOT M is the best option only engine is the issue which Ukraine I hope would be able to resolve. Only other option I can think of is South Korean Tank which we can get our hands on because of South Korean great relations with Turkey.

@Zarvan please re-read the post, which i was just trying to tell the weaknesses of the tanks yet tested by Pak Army, and so if those weaknesses in Oplot-M, VT-4/MBT-3000 are removed, and upgraded and PA's specifications are implemented, these tanks might be back in contest. For example Russian T-90 initially failed in Hot Indian conditions, and it heated up, but after later modification, and A/C unit, it was ordered by Indian Army, so, Here is my original reply:

"
@Dazzler

Indian t-90 engine and heating issue is far from resolved. To this date, they lack an AC unit . the problem is that you should not talk on things you don't know about or embarrassment follows. The oplot engine did fail with a doubt and the Ukrainians have promised to work it out else they'll lose a pretty decent sale.

Half of your assessment is factually incorrect as t-80 is being maintained/ overhauled and upgraded in Pakistan. Even the 6td series is being overhauled and upgraded here and you came up with tanks in storage and spare part thingy? We upgraded their ECS and FCS just last year

Said vt4 wins source from China defence forum

VT-4 has several issues with its engine and transmission, thermal imagers among other minor issues. Overall, it had a dismal show in bahawalpur trials.

Indian t-90 engine and heating issue is far from resolved. To this date, they lack an AC unit . the problem is that you should not talk on things you don't know about or embarrassment follows. The oplot engine did fail with a doubt and the Ukrainians have promised to work it out else they'll lose a pretty decent sale.

Half of your assessment is factually incorrect as t-80 is being maintained/ overhauled and upgraded in Pakistan. Even the 6td series is being overhauled and upgraded here and you came up with tanks in storage and spare part thingy? We upgraded their ECS and FCS just last year

VT-4 has several issues with its engine and transmission, thermal imagers among other minor issues. Overall, it had a dismal show in bahawalpur trials.

If Oplot passed or performed better in other areas, then i think engine will not be much of a big prob. It was be looked into, but if it had issues in other areas like VT-4, then we have a major prb.

Is their any HAIDER project if yes why it is needed if we have AL KHALID ?

If Oplot passed or performed better in other areas, then i think engine will not be much of a big prob. It was be looked into, but if it had issues in other areas like VT-4, then we have a major prb.
I think engine was only issue other things were great and more great things can come from Europe and Turkey for OPLOT M

Make no mistake about oplot. It is a damn mean machine. Ukrainians know how to develop mbts for sure. It is a significant step forward and many in army want to have the engine issue resolved. We have offered a good package but our terms this time around are pretty strict. IF oplot passes, don't be surprised of you see them upgraded at HIT in years to come

Actually,I think our Pakistan brothers should know that our newest tank is looks like this.
down

down

down

down

Make no mistake about oplot. It is a damn mean machine. Ukrainians know how to develop mbts for sure. It is a significant step forward and many in army want to have the engine issue resolved.

T84 Oplot project has been scrapped when it didn't secure any deal.

War in ukraine between Ukrainian forces and pro Russia rebels been using t64b and t72b mostly. There's no t84, only t80's reserved for protecting key Ukraine cities and bases.

War in ukraine between Ukrainian forces and pro Russia rebels been using t64b and t72b mostly. There's no t84, only t80's reserved for protecting key Ukraine cities and bases.
No it isn't scrapped its engine had some issues, Ukraine has promised to resolve the issue within few months and if they manage to do it than we would go for OPLOT M. As for twitter account lot of guys handle it. @AsianUnion

So what did Thailand bought? And it is not scrapped mate, its their main product for years to come. And Ukrainians DO NOT use t-80s, rather t-64 as their main mbts, especially the BV and upgraded BM bulat version. All t-80s are in reserve storage for various reasons. Ukrainians DID induct t-84s and Oplots as well but in small numbers. These r high value assets not to be used in current skirmishes according to Ukrainian armour experts. Regarding exports, see below:

Thai oplots

images

As I said, don't talk on things u have no clue about.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom