What's new

Parvez Rasool becomes Kashmiri Cricketer to don Indian colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all he never deserved to go to WI ahead of Rahane. Now when he was selected, he got into d XI courtesy MS's injury still
scuked to the core in tht SL game. As expected, Rahane is back as a back up opener ahead of Vijay and rightly so.

but isn't it unfair to drop someone just for no reason....either don't pick a player otherwise if you have give him a fair chance to prove his worth...doesn't do any good to the confidence...resting is fine but dropping nopes...

Excellent news.... He is a fantastic spinneer and a fine batsman..

604666.html

Full name Parvez Ghulam Rasool Zargar

Born February 13, 1989, Bijbehara, Jammu and Kashmir

Current age 24 years 142 days

Major teams India A, Jammu & Kashmir, Pune Warriors

Batting style Right-hand bat

Bowling style Right-arm offbreak

Good to see Kashmiri coming in sports.

The youth of Kashmir would get a new life in form of sports.They should spend their energy for it's best use.

Best of luck to Parvez, all Indians hope you perform good and more locals start participating in the right sports. :enjoy:

Tough to see him getting a chance in playing XI in presence of Jadeja & Mishra. Hopefully will get a game at least to show his talent.

Consistent Rasool expected India call-up

999508_10201493899171559_2081406208_n.jpg

Parvez Rasool was practising in Bijbehara, a remote village in the Anantnag district of Jammu & Kashmir, when he started getting calls from his friends and the media. At the same time, a Jammu & Kashmir Cricket Associaltion official confirmed to him what he had been waiting to hear for a long time.

After creating a series of firsts earlier in the 2012-13 season - Rasool became the first J&K player to be picked for India A, the first from the state to compete against an international side and also the first J&K cricketer to earn an IPL contract - he realised his long-cherished dream of earning a national call-up, when he was named in India's ODI squad for the tour to Zimbabwe starting July 24.

Once the selectors decided to rest R Ashwin, Rasool was their first choice as a replacement.

With the kind of domestic season Rasool had - 33 wickets at just over 18 apiece in the Ranji Trophy, followed by a seven-wicket haul in a tour game against the Australians - he was far from being surprised after being included in the squad.

"To be honest, I always expected to be picked in the squad. Not that I was overconfident but I thought if they (selectors) decide to rest a few regulars, then Zimbabwe (tour) would be my best chance to become an international cricketer," Rasool told ESPNcricinfo. "And with the kind of consistent season I had, I think I was just in expecting a call-up."

At the same time, Rasool said it was "just the beginning and he has a long way to go".

"After proving the faith of all the cricket fans from the state, I hope I can do the same for the entire nation," said Rasool, who has been rated highly by former India spinner Bishan Singh Bedi, who coached Jammu & Kashmir last season.

he looks a bit terroristy... no offense rasool ji.. :)
congrats...

“I had to prove that I’m a cricketer and not a terrorist,”: Parvez Rasool, the torchbearer of J&K cricket

Life has not been bed of roses for this 24-year-old. In October 2009, Rasool was staying at the Chinnaswamy Stadium guest house as he was to play the CK Nayudu Trophy for under-22s against Karanataka at Bengaluru. There was a Champions League match between Victoria and Cape Cobra that was to take place at the venue in the evening.

The police were carrying their usual security drill when all of a sudden they suspected that Rasool’s kitbag having traces of explosives. From a resourceful cricketer, Rasool had turned into a suspect and interrogated at the police station. But his coach Abdul Qayoom cleared the misunderstanding and Rasool was let off.

He said: “I had to prove that I am a cricketer and not a terrorist, which I had to show with my bat.” Rasool was proved innocent and the police apologised to the cricketer. According to the police the frisking instrument was faulty. Rasool’s inner fortitude helped him sail past this torrid time. Rasool is a role model for many cricketers from Jammu and Kashmir.

Rasool was part of India A squad this year against England on the sheer weightage of his domestic performances. In the longer versions of the game, he had scores of 165 against Haryana and 167 against Delhi. In the 2012 Ranji season, he had 33 wickets and his highest score was an unbeaten 171 against Goa. He picked up seven for 41 against Assam and scored 120 in that game too.

“I had to prove that I’m a cricketer and not a terrorist,” says Parvez Rasool, the torchbearer of J&K cricket - Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

Here's wishing Parvez all the very best! :tup:

@Danish_Mir are you happy with the development

Yes Sir, why not? I'll support him, like other kashmiris, against every other team whom India is playing, except Pakistan. BTW, he already played one IPL match in which he took the wicket of kallis. Besides, Go, Rise and Shine dear Parvez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom