What's new

Paris Hilton opens store in holy city of Mecca

national_crisis

New Recruit

Reaction score
Sex vid reality star flogs her goods in holy city of Mecca
Published November 18th, 2012 - 05:00 GMT via SyndiGate.info [1]

U.S. celebrity and hotel heiress Paris Hilton expanded her handbags and accessories franchise to the holy city of Mecca, prompting growing criticism on social networking sites.
U.S. celebrity and hotel heiress Paris Hilton [2]expanded her handbags and accessories franchise to the Holy city of Mecca, [3]prompting growing criticism on social networking sites.Hilton announced the news on her Twitter account Thursday. “Loving my beautiful new store that just opened at Mecca Mall in Saudi Arabia! [4],” she tweeted.But not everyone joined her in the excitement, as some people took to the social networking website to voice their displeasure with the debut.One person replied to her tweet saying, “R u kidding?” Another comment, “Saudi claim there are other ways to allow for pilgrims, & if religiosity is of such importance, why is @ParisHilton being allowed a store in Makkah?”Another tweep questioned Hilton’s style of products and remarked, “that’s it? That’s why ppl are not buying it? Not coz she is a **** star who happens to be rich enough to have her own brand and open it in Mecca?”Meanwhile, Hilton boasted the opening of her store in Mecca, tweeting “This is the 5th store in Saudi Arabia, and store number 42 in total! So proud to keep growing my brand!” Makkah Mall posted an image of Hilton’s store on its Facebook page, but not all comments were spiteful, with some users pointing out the store’s opening from a capitalist point of view rather than a socio-religious angle.One user stated, “Why the attack? This is a global brand found everywhere, whether it was in an Arab country or a European one.”Another user said “Simply put, those who see this is a Western invasion of the Arab world shouldn’t be buying nor marketing their products. But to reject this concept and at the same time, buy all European and Western products is completely hypocritical.”Hilton followed in her hotelier grandfather’s footsteps by adding entrepreneurship to her resume, but remains notorious for her wayward lifestyle, including brief stints in prison and a leaked intimate home movie.

© 2012 MBC Group. All Rights Reserved.

Sex vid reality star flogs her goods in holy city of Mecca | Al Bawaba

Damn. Paris Hilton has accomplished nothing. She is an annoying troll.

totally agree.
who owns the store btw ?
The brand is owned by Paris Hilton the *****. Daughter of Hilton hotel chain owner. But that particular store is probably owned by a local agent.

She's not running a po rn store mecca mall,its just a accessories shop. You wanna buy it,buy it, else just don't.
Yes, nevertheless it seems wrong and out of place.

The brand is owned by Paris Hilton the *****. Daughter of Hilton hotel chain owner. But that particular store is probably owned by a local agent.

Yes, nevertheless it seems wrong and out of place.

I disagree with you.

Mecca should not have any western retail shops and restaurants regardless of who owns them. Not for any rational or religious reason, but it just looks wrong IMO.

You mean kfc McDonald burgerking and hardees?? Man I only eat kfc there when I go!

When I read the news couple of days back about Lindsay Lohan arrested for trouble in a night club for the umpteenth time, wondered what happened to the other trouble maker - Paris Hilton and there she is. :yahoo:

Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) – Yves Saint Laurent, gay

Chanel - Karl Lagerfeld, gay

Giorgio Armani – Giorgio Armani, gay

Dolce&Gabbana (D&G) - Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, gays

Tom Ford - Thomas Carlyle Ford, gay

Valentino - Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani, gay

Versace - Gianni Versace, gay

Jean Paul Gaultier – Jean Paul Gaultier, gay

We prohibit also their fashion stores? It's just ridiculous logical. It's only a fashion store, nothing else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom