What's new

Paranoia grips Pakistan :: Indian Arms buying spree unabated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paranoia is when a big country like India gets up even if a small country like Pakistan buys Chinese aircraft.

Whereas when a big warmonger country like India becomes the biggest buyer of the weapons in the world, it is bound to worry small countries.

With world largest poverty, hunger and social crisis in the making..what are the going to do with all these arms? sounds like a Nazi Germany war plan...

With world largest poverty, hunger and social crisis in the making..what are the going to do with all these arms? sounds like a Nazi Germany war plan...

If a small country buys due to threats by a bigger powerful neighbour one can understand. but why a a military might keep on buying further arms specially when she is not even admitting that she is arming herself against China

To set up militant training camps along the border is a very strange reaction to receiving 10 million civilians. If you can use refugees to justify your arming of Mukti Bahini terrorists, I don't see why we can't say that the lakhs of Kashmiri Muslims fleeing to Pakistan forced our hand in Kashmir.

A very strange reaction? After making every effort to make a blind, deaf and dumb military dictatorship run by a drunken sod realise what was happening? after desperate diplomatic efforts to get them to stem the flow? When it became apparent that things were getting worse, not better, when things in West Bengal reached steam pressure cooker conditions and Mrs. Gandhi knew that she would have to deal with an explosion of her own, she acted. There was no other way to stem the flow.

About Kashmir, your logic is, of course, impeccable. There is the small matter of the sequence being in reverse, but don't let that inhibit you.

I dont think Pakistan has shown any Concerns over recent purchases .. i mean s-400 timeline is 2020 , and first Rafale will land in India in around 2018 .. we need to focus on our Economy , there is no need to match India bullet by Bullet , Missile by Missile or SAM by SAM's ... we Got Nukes for a reason that will alone can keep the Power balance in S.A ..

I think no doubt Pakistan is feeling pressure, infact Pakistan is already of this game of chess and thrones. Since early 90's Pakistan military played hide and seek with politicians and politicians looted this country, they all destroyed Pakistan and we are fools living in wet dreams.
Anyway a very long, hard and tough journey is ahead of Pakistan.
Congratz to our rulers.

Paranoia grips Pakistan :: Indian Arms buying spree unabated
Sunday, October 16, 2016
By: Defence News

The Indian Ministry of Defence (MoD) has mapped out that India needs $233 billion to meet its weapons and equipment requirements in 11 years. This has been calculated according to the Long Term Integrated Perspective Plan (LTIPP) for 2012-2027. The Indian weapon purchases are so massive and diversified that it would require several research papers to explain them.

The following is only a brief attempt in that direction.

According to reports, from 2004 to 2014, 75 percent of all of New Delhi’s weapons imports came from Russia. This is understandable considering the relationship between the two countries and the kind of weapon systems used by India.

From 2009 to 2013, India and Russia struck defence deals of around US$30 billion. On the other hand, during the same period, the Indian government signed contracts worth $30 billion with France and $11 billion with the United States. These were besides what the Indian government had signed with Israel and other countries. This means that in only four years, the Indian government had signed contracts more than US$70 billion with only three countries.

The figures are staggering.

Again, from 2012-2013 to 2014-2015 fiscal years, 162 arms purchase contracts were signed by India, among them 67 with other countries, including Russia (18 agreements), the United States (13) and France (six). The Russian defence deals with India exceeded over $5 billion and with the United States around $4.4 billion.

The kind of weapon systems that India plans to purchase is stupefying and scary.

The Indian Army wants to equip all of its 382 infantry battalions and 44 mechanized infantry units with a fourth-generation shoulder-fired fire and forget anti-tank guided missile (ATGM) system. So India is procuring 321 ‘Spike’ systems, along with 8,356 missiles, from Israel. India is also purchasing one medium-range surface-to-air missile (MRSAM) regiment, composed of 18 firing units, from Israel that is known of manufacturing state-of-the-art weapon systems.

It has been reported that US defense contractor Boeing alone has won bids to supply the Indian military with 10 C-17 Globemaster-III strategic airlift aircraft (worth $4.1 billion), eight P-8I maritime patrol aircraft (worth $2.1. billion), 22 AH-64E Apache, and 15 CH-47F Chinook helicopters (both helicopter deals have a combined worth of $2.5 billion).

Moreover, the French aircraft maker Dassault Aviation has finalised a contract for the sale of 36 Rafale fourth-generation multirole fighter jets to the Indian Air Force at an estimated cost of $9 billion. The European defense contractor EADS will supply six Airbus A330 Multirole Tanker Transport aircraft for the IAF for $1 billion.

India's planned major naval assets include 24 submarines over a period of 30 years. Six Scorpene class are being built at the Mazagaon Docks. All six are expected to join the Indian Navy by 2020. Purchase of six more was cleared in 2015. The next decade will see India fielding 3 Aircraft Carrier Battle Groups effectively enforcing pure dominance in the Indian Ocean Region.

Not to forget is the license production for Kamov 226 helicopters in India, purchase of 145 ultralight howitzer artillery guns from US, purchase of 100 155mm tracked artillery guns, purchase of 280 aero engines from Honeywell for Jaguar aircraft and purchase of five units of Russian-made S-400 advanced air defense systems that can effectively stop all Pakistani ballistic nuclear missiles.

Conclusion ::

Pakistan is insanely worried about the kind of money being thrown around by India for weapon systems which the Islamic Nation of Pakistan cannot possibly match even in their dreams. It has thus resorted to an intensive Proxy War with India confined mainly to the state of Kashmir as it cannot match India man-to-man and penny-to-penny.
http://www.defencenews.in/article/Paranoia-grips-Pakistan--Indian-Arms-buying-spree-unabated-8752

This news looks like some type of Ekta Kapoor serial kind of Gossip news...Why the heck even Pakistan will be paranoid...I mean Pakistan is not some rag tag just a country that should get paranoid just because India buys some weapons from someone....

I dont think Pakistan has shown any Concerns over recent purchases .. i mean s-400 timeline is 2020 , and first Rafale will land in India in around 2018 .. we need to focus on our Economy , there is no need to match India bullet by Bullet , Missile by Missile or SAM by SAM's ... we Got Nukes for a reason that will alone can keep the Power balance in S.A ..

question is not about the need, but its all about Pakistan cant match with India because of poor economy, third class management, brainless strategists. Stop fooling yourself with this silly statements.

A very strange reaction? After making every effort to make a blind, deaf and dumb military dictatorship run by a drunken sod realise what was happening? after desperate diplomatic efforts to get them to stem the flow? When it became apparent that things were getting worse, not better, when things in West Bengal reached steam pressure cooker conditions and Mrs. Gandhi knew that she would have to deal with an explosion of her own, she acted. There was no other way to stem the flow.

Right....Stem the flow of refugees by turning a military operation into a civil war....Genius! Fool proof! I'm sure we can see the fruits of this masterplan by looking at the number of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants currently living in Indian border states

About Kashmir, your logic is, of course, impeccable. There is the small matter of the sequence being in reverse, but don't let that inhibit you.

The Poonch freedom movement and the Maharaja's suppression of Kashmiri Muslims happened before the attempted liberation of Kashmir.

Right....Stem the flow of refugees by turning a military operation into a civil war....Genius! Fool proof! I'm sure we can see the fruits of this plan in the number of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants currently living in Indian border states

I understand your reaction. Praiseworthy and loyal. Full marks for patriotic fervour.

By the way, within 90 days of the surrender in Dhaka, all - ALL - the refugees went back.

The Poonch freedom movement and the Maharaja's suppression of Kashmiri Muslims happened before the attempted liberation of Kashmir.

So how are they connected with Bangladesh? It is bewildering how you twist and bend the facts to make them fit, and don't give up even when the anomalies stare all of us in the face.

You do realise that there was no suppression of anyone in the Vale? That the pro-Indian, pro-Congress Abdullah and his supporters were jailed, and nothing else? And the Poonch 'freedom movement' removed all the vestiges of the Dogra administration?

I'd like to see you put that in terms of Bangladesh. Imagine the Chittagong Hill Tracts revolting and driving out the Pakistan Army. India then sends in attempting liberators, who spend some time in the CHT, then march on Dhaka, and stop in Chittagong to rape and kill, thus allowing time to put a thin film of soldiers between them and Dhaka.

And Mujib - supposedly pro-India, according to the most polished Pakistani slanders - is put into jail, so the Burmese invade.

I have to admit my admiration for your grip over history is growing with every post of yours.

Right....Stem the flow of refugees by turning a military operation into a civil war....Genius! Fool proof! I'm sure we can see the fruits of this masterplan by looking at the number of illegal Bangladeshi immigrants currently living in Indian border states

Excellent!!! let's see if an ignorant idiot comes with some explanation

Defence News . IN.
One PoS messenger I have no quams about throwing out.
CLOSED.

FYI, if people cannot stick to civil langauge - they will be banned from threads. Goes for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom