What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

@Alpha BeeTee

The most credible source on DGDP activities I've known is @PAR 5, and he said 2 years ago:

I think enough to say that I've personally seen the CONTRACTS for SHORADS, ESHORADS and LOMADS signed between Directorate General of Defense Purchase (DGDP) and Rosonboronexport (Russia) for the purchase of said AD systems earmarked for delivery by end of next year. That should be enough information to confirm the induction of Russian AD systems into Pakistan Army

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...s-for-air-defence.516552/page-19#post-9881618
Your source's info seems to line up.

Regarding long-range SAMs, the only traceable info we have is Russian News Agency TASS apparently being told by a MoDP person that we were studying the possibility of purchasing 3 or 4 divisions of FD-2000s (source).

Is it good to buy when Pantsr system failed to perform its duties against Israeli system??

Buk-M3 and Tor (latest version) combo looks better for Pakistan, if Russian LR SAM not available.

Didn't do a whole lot of good for Syrians when they were getting bullied...but I guess this can be blamed on how it was rushed in..

@Alpha BeeTee

The most credible source on DGDP activities I've known is @PAR 5, and he said 2 years ago:

I think enough to say that I've personally seen the CONTRACTS for SHORADS, ESHORADS and LOMADS signed between Directorate General of Defense Purchase (DGDP) and Rosonboronexport (Russia) for the purchase of said AD systems earmarked for delivery by end of next year. That should be enough information to confirm the induction of Russian AD systems into Pakistan Army

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...s-for-air-defence.516552/page-19#post-9881618
Your source's info seems to line up.

Regarding long-range SAMs, the only traceable info we have is Russian News Agency TASS apparently being told by a MoDP person that we were studying the possibility of purchasing 3 or 4 divisions of FD-2000s (source).
Can these AD systems benefit from radars like AWACS to be more efficient???

Can these AD systems benefit from radars like AWACS to be more efficient???
Not so much for targeting and engaging as these are short-range SAMs. However, AEW&Cs can provide information about potential threats at long-range, give the ground crew time to prepare.

That said, AEW&C directed targeting for long-range SAMs is a new effort, the US is developing it now, I don't expect it'll be too long before others offer similar solutions.

Not so much for targeting and engaging as these are short-range SAMs. However, AEW&Cs can provide information about potential threats at long-range, give the ground crew time to prepare.

That said, AEW&C directed targeting for long-range SAMs is a new effort, the US is developing it now, I don't expect it'll be too long before others offer similar solutions.
But can AWACS guide these missiles within their respective range for better targeting???

In a nutshell can these system benefit from overlapping of multiple radars???

But can AWACS guide these missiles within their respective range for better targeting???

In a nutshell can these system benefit from overlapping of multiple radars???
If we're talking in terms of high-level theory, then it'll depend on whether the missiles have a mid-course data-link feed (to take targeting info from the radar).

It might be technically possible to use AEW&C and short/medium-range SAMs in that manner. In terms of benefits, the biggest one I can think of is over-the-horizon situational awareness and targeting.

@Haris Ali2140

But all that said, I think imaging the use of AEW&C with SAMs might be a step behind. I'd rather think about doing what you suggest, but through drones with fighter-grade radars.

If we're talking in terms of high-level theory, then it'll depend on whether the missiles have a mid-course data-link feed (to take targeting info from the radar).

It might be technically possible to use AEW&C and short/medium-range SAMs in that manner. In terms of benefits, the biggest one I can think of is over-the-horizon situational awareness and targeting.

@Haris Ali2140

But all that said, I think imaging the use of AEW&C with SAMs might be a step behind. I'd rather think about doing what you suggest, but through drones with fighter-grade radars.
My point was to use multiple radars be it from drones, ground based or awacs which will feed data to the AD to increase it's effectiness.

http://www.kbptula.ru/en/productions/air-defense-weapon-systems/pantsir-s1

pantsir.JPG

Pantsir Fires on the move which is suitable for armored warfare. Lets see if its inducted to counter CBU-105 threat.
The CBU-105 is more of a Jaguar threat. It might need more than a mobile SHORAD system to stop it, potentially coverage from the JF-17 (to stop the Jaguars) as well.

I never claimed to be an expert but would you like to point out my mistake before calling me names needlessly because in that case I reserve the right to take an action against you for unnecessary trolling.
This was a thread on a particular purchase, which I am sure has gone through a lot of research by the military before being finalized. Why do you post random comments trying to be an expert? BTW how IDs do you have in this forum?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom