What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

Don't take your source seriously.
Pakistanis even at very big position have developed what I call ' Haqeeqat TV syndrome' .
They might have deduced it from some signals and hints given by their seniors whereas in reality there was nothing .
Please don't take this stupid assumption even if someone swear by it .
They people are always taking mocking out of curious people .

I trust my source and the way I see things the chances of him being wrong are very less in this case. I don't want anyone to believe it.

Instead of thanking me your calling me a Nazi? I am terribly hurt.

Thank you for telling me what even an 8th grader ought to know? Regardless, you're not a Nazi. Relax.

Why are we obsessed with short range SAM?
This may be the dozenth type of the same range missile system Pakistan is buying.

I dont like the name..
Pant-sir?
sir perr kaun pant pehenta hai?

You try very hard to appear knowledgeable and informed by trying to negate all news and posting your views but in reality make yourself look very stupid. Please think before you post.
I never claimed to be an expert but would you like to point out my mistake before calling me names needlessly because in that case I reserve the right to take an action against you for unnecessary trolling.

Forgot to ask..probably S1

You wouldn't expect this to be a state secret. Speculations about Pantsir procurement pre-date this thread.

S1 is not good enough for current and future requirements.

Why are we obsessed with short range SAM?
This may be the dozenth type of the same range missile system Pakistan is buying.

PA want better protection for its moving troops, but S1 is old now as S2 is on the horizon.

The most dangerous threats are the low level threats, Unfortunately most don't understand this and cheer for high altitude SAM's.

We are obsessed with Low level defense since long, but still in current scenario its good against Rafael, and other Indian system.

@Alpha BeeTee

The most credible source on DGDP activities I've known is @PAR 5, and he said 2 years ago:

I think enough to say that I've personally seen the CONTRACTS for SHORADS, ESHORADS and LOMADS signed between Directorate General of Defense Purchase (DGDP) and Rosonboronexport (Russia) for the purchase of said AD systems earmarked for delivery by end of next year. That should be enough information to confirm the induction of Russian AD systems into Pakistan Army

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...s-for-air-defence.516552/page-19#post-9881618
Your source's info seems to line up.

Regarding long-range SAMs, the only traceable info we have is Russian News Agency TASS apparently being told by a MoDP person that we were studying the possibility of purchasing 3 or 4 divisions of FD-2000s (source).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom