What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

CBU-105

cbu.JPG

I hate creating baseless threads based on mere speculation but just because I believe my source to credible, I have decided to post this.

Personally talked to an officer from Air Def core who is real close to me and he broke it to me that boys are already in Russia for training (to operate the system) and Pantsir is set to arrive this December. I asked how certain he was and his response was an overwhelming affirmative.

I decided to skim PDF to before posting this thread to see if any info regarding Pantsir procurement exists. Turned out there were a few threads from May 2019 and Pak posters rubbished the news only because the source were Indian newspapers. Considering that Russia offering defence systems to Pakistan is something all know (and Pantsir has already appeared in the list of the systems being offered) and considering that I got this news from no Sabir Shakir rather an officer inside AD who said that people are already in Russia for this purpose, I decided to lend some credibility to this news. Take it or leave it.

I tried to ask him about HQ-9 as well and he said that he has no news regarding it as of yet. It seems that decision to buy a long range SAM is still in the pipeline (or it may have been taken already, you never know in Pakistan).

Some insight into Pantsir's capabilities:

Hq-9 are strategic assets and assuming it would make sense for paf to hold them not paa

Anyway air defense is combined arm so possible not most likely paf

@Alpha BeeTee

The most credible source on DGDP activities I've known is @PAR 5, and he said 2 years ago:

I think enough to say that I've personally seen the CONTRACTS for SHORADS, ESHORADS and LOMADS signed between Directorate General of Defense Purchase (DGDP) and Rosonboronexport (Russia) for the purchase of said AD systems earmarked for delivery by end of next year. That should be enough information to confirm the induction of Russian AD systems into Pakistan Army

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...s-for-air-defence.516552/page-19#post-9881618
Your source's info seems to line up.

Regarding long-range SAMs, the only traceable info we have is Russian News Agency TASS apparently being told by a MoDP person that we were studying the possibility of purchasing 3 or 4 divisions of FD-2000s (source).
He seems to point out to the end of 2018 but still it counts as a confirmation of sorts. The arrival time may be different but it further reinforces the idea that the deal might have been finalized.

Another short range missile defence system... We need long range defence systems like HQ-9 or S300/400

Long range systems can be disabled, altered or their range shortened by the use of EW, I think that's what PAF is betting on.

In a EW heavy environment, India will have to either bring it's long range SAM's closer to Pakistan or keep them far from the border, thus letting PAF use stand-off weapons to clear the border and near the border Indian posts, installments, air bases etc.

If IAF brings its SAM's close to the border, then the SAM's will be targeted first and the closer they get to EW assets within Pakistan, lesser their range into Pakistan will be. Thus ensuring the neutralising of these SAMs by the use of decoys.

I haven't even mentioned decoys....the use of decoy drones and aircraft will be a lot (usually older retired/retiring) aircraft. To make the long range SAM's come out in the open and expose themselves be hit by standoff weapons/CM's.

Never underestimate short range SAMS (50-150 km). :enjoy:

I hate creating baseless threads based on mere speculation but just because I believe my source to be credible, I have decided to post this.

Personally talked to an officer from Air Def corps who is real close to me and he broke it to me that boys are already in Russia for training (to operate the system) and Pantsir is set to arrive this December. I asked how certain he was and his response was an overwhelming affirmative.

I decided to skim PDF before posting this thread to see if any info regarding Pantsir procurement exists. Turned out there were a few threads from May 2019 and Pak posters rubbished the news only because the source were Indian newspapers. Considering that Russia offering defence systems to Pakistan is something all know (and Pantsir has already appeared in the list of the systems being offered) and considering that I got this news from no Sabir Shakir rather an officer inside AD who said that people are already in Russia for this purpose, I decided to lend some credibility to this news. Take it or leave it.

I tried to ask him about HQ-9 as well and he said that he has no news regarding it as of yet. It seems that decision to buy a long range SAM is still in the pipeline (or it may have been taken already, you never know in Pakistan).

According to the video, the target engagement rate is just 19% for this system.

The other observation is that it gets confused between UAV and big birds.

I hope its not true. Although I have heard that its an effective system and one of a kind.

According to the video, the target engagement rate is just 19% for this system.

The other observation is that it gets confused between UAV and big birds.

I hope its not true. Although I have heard that its an effective system and one of a kind.

It's a American propaganda/feel good Youtuber...what would you expect.

At 19%....why would even the Russians use it? :D

Russians
Algerians
Emiratis
Iraqis
Omanis
Jordanians
Vietnamese
Syrians
Ethiopians
Iranians

I think you misunderstood...should have added more.

That's what I meant to say but stopped at the Russians. Though I like Tor more than Pantsir.

Also...what's the US flag doing on your avatar's shoulder? :D

I hate creating baseless threads based on mere speculation but just because I believe my source to be credible, I have decided to post this.

Personally talked to an officer from Air Def corps who is real close to me and he broke it to me that boys are already in Russia for training (to operate the system) and Pantsir is set to arrive this December. I asked how certain he was and his response was an overwhelming affirmative.

I decided to skim PDF before posting this thread to see if any info regarding Pantsir procurement exists. Turned out there were a few threads from May 2019 and Pak posters rubbished the news only because the source were Indian newspapers. Considering that Russia offering defence systems to Pakistan is something all know (and Pantsir has already appeared in the list of the systems being offered) and considering that I got this news from no Sabir Shakir rather an officer inside AD who said that people are already in Russia for this purpose, I decided to lend some credibility to this news. Take it or leave it.

The officer who gave you this information is not sincere to his service, and your disclosure can put him in real trouble.

The officer who gave you this information is not sincere to his service, and your disclosure can put him in real trouble.

He did say that the Indian newspapers broke the news first....shouldn't RAW spies within the Armed forces be put in real trouble first? :D

Back
Top Bottom