What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

FATF is likely to go, your side is throwing every possible excuse in the book at them and that is delaying but not stopping the removal of Pakistan from Blacklist and eventually Grey list.

Frankly, the hate filled efforts from your current government are actually changing things for the better here.
FATF has much less effects on militant financing than money laundering by the corrupt and tax evasion.

I'm a Pakistani American lol...did you just assume I am Indian?

This was a thread on a particular purchase, which I am sure has gone through a lot of research by the military before being finalized. Why do you post random comments trying to be an expert? BTW how IDs do you have in this forum?
@waz @Oscar please deal with this idiot who is so ashamed of showing his flags.

Pantsir Fires on the move which is suitable for armored warfare. Lets see if its inducted to counter CBU-105 threat.

Tor is better in on the move firing capacity due to VLS.

It's a American propaganda/feel good Youtuber...what would you expect.

At 19%....why would even the Russians use it? :D
And why wouldn't Russians use it? Are you expecting 70% intercept rate?

Surface defenses have been found to be effective up to a maximum of 31% in real-time engagement scenarios throughout history.

19% effectiveness rate sound realistic....

However, up against a well-equipped military force, don't ask. Just ask Syrians how many Israeli strikes have gotten through.

Pantsir Fires on the move which is suitable for armored warfare. Lets see if its inducted to counter CBU-105 threat.
It has no value in that scenario. The heat seeker skeets of the CBU will deploy by the time it gets within range of the CBU 105.

The best weapon is to have a LOMADs keeping those aircraft either out of range of deployment or forcing them to fly low and reduce range of weapons; where something like the Pantsir handles them.

I'm a Pakistani American lol...did you just assume I am Indian?
Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.

This is probably bought to safeguard high value sites.

We need MEDIUM to LONG range SAMs!

Some army Air defence assets are also used to protect airbases and other installations as well.

Army uses the following IIRC apart from guns:

FN-16/16, Anza MANPADS e.t.c

RBS-70s on M113s and separate as well.

Chinese Crotales

LY-80 LOMADS

If we are inducting Pantsirs then it most probably will work in combination with LY-80s/future LR SAMs to protect key fixed locations or strike corps (if tracked ones obtained).

However, I hope that the Pakistani versions have their softwares upgraded to cater to kamikaze drones. We don't want a aramco like fiasco.

I can upload my id's on here anytime I want to and show my face too. You'll then see whose more "Indian". :rolleyes:

And why wouldn't Russians use it? Are you expecting 70% intercept rate?

Surface defenses have been found to be effective up to a maximum of 31% in real-time engagement scenarios throughout history.

19% effectiveness rate sound realistic....

However, up against a well-equipped military force, don't ask. Just ask Syrians how many Israeli strikes have gotten through.

Tor has been said to have around 70% intercept rate. The Israeli Dome is said to have 90% against Hamas rockets.

19% doesn't sound realistic...what it sounds like is "We need a new SAM!"....that's what it sounds like.

As for the Israeli strikes in Syria, that's another matter.

It has no value in that scenario. The heat seeker skeets of the CBU will deploy by the time it gets within range of the CBU 105.

The best weapon is to have a LOMADs keeping those aircraft either out of range of deployment or forcing them to fly low and reduce range of weapons; where something like the Pantsir handles them.

I agree. You need the JF-17 in the air to force the Jaguar to fly -- and launch lower -- as well.

That said, one way to partly mitigate the CBU-105 is to attach a modern SPAAG, especially one with air burst rounds. It won't offer 100% protection, but as a layer, it might cull a few of the skeets, if not whole BLU-108s.

The final piece is a hard-kill active protection system (APS) to each tank. The challenge with this, however, is that you need one that can take on top attack threats. It might not even be a good use of money (to try APS against a skeet); so the simpler alternative is to operate in thinner and sparsely distributed formations.

Instead of building up numbers, I wish the Army would pivot the Haider MBT project into a next-gen solution for a guided-threat heavy (CBU-105, ATGMs, etc) environment. This is where hard-kill APS, being able to see an aerial radar feed (via a fighter, drone, or stand-off ISR aircraft), controlling semi-autonomous UGVs armed with ATGMs, etc, is perhaps more worthwhile than trying to get a tank that's too similar to what AK2 is supposed to offer.

One thing Ukraine is doing (and I bring them up a lot because, well, they're one of a few who are openly willing to talk to us) is developing a next-gen tank with a heavy automation, i.e., a crew of 2 and an unmanned turret. Perhaps such an MBT of that nature could be better suited for a CBU-105/ATGM heavy battlefield -- losing the turret to a top-attack munition might not mean the end of the MBT.

I agree. You need the JF-17 in the air to force the Jaguar to fly -- and launch lower -- as well.

That said, one way to partly mitigate the CBU-105 is to attach a modern SPAAG, especially one with air burst rounds. It won't offer 100% protection, but as a layer, it might cull a few of the skeets, if not whole BLU-108s.

The final piece is a hard-kill active protection system (APS) to each tank. The challenge with this, however, is that you need one that can take on top attack threats. It might not even be a good use of money (to try APS against a skeet); so the simpler alternative is to operate in thinner and sparsely distributed formations.

Instead of building up numbers, I wish the Army would pivot the Haider MBT project into a next-gen solution for a guided-threat heavy (CBU-105, ATGMs, etc) environment. This is where hard-kill APS, being able to see an aerial radar feed (via a fighter, drone, or stand-off ISR aircraft), controlling semi-autonomous UGVs armed with ATGMs, etc, is perhaps more worthwhile than trying to get a tank that's too similar to what AK2 is supposed to offer.

One thing Ukraine is doing (and I bring them up a lot because, well, they're one of a few who are openly willing to talk to us) is developing a next-gen tank with a heavy automation, i.e., a crew of 2 and an unmanned turret. Perhaps such an MBT of that nature could be better suited for a CBU-105/ATGM heavy battlefield -- losing the turret to a top-attack munition might not mean the end of the MBT.
Well there is another threat Pakistan armor needs to counter.
AH-64E, equipped with longbow FCR.
Pantsir purchase is more likely meant to counter low flying anti tank platforms of India. Being wheeled system we can assume that it will move to Punjab sector, and this is where IAF will be deploying its one squadron of AH-64E, i.e in Pathankot.

Last edited:
Kill the Jags before they launch the CBU's....end of threat....that is if PAF radars can look into India & its Eastern Air Bases under or without a jam heavy environment or if spies can deliver real time info to PAF if Jags are taking off.

Well there is another threat Pakistan armor need to counter.
AH-64E, equipped with longbow FCS.
Pantsir purchase is more likely meant to counter low flying anti tank platforms of India. Being wheeled system we can assume that it will move to Punjab sector, and this is where IAF will be deploying its one squadron of AH-64E, i.e in Pathankot.

attack chopper are best suitable for mountainous terrain where they can shoot and scoot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom