What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

There is no deal or even discussion happened between PAF and U.S, it was pure rumor.

PAF still wanted block 52 +.
It wasn't a rumor trust. Me this @Tipu7 guy is no joke. We were quite close to a deal for BLOCK 70 and in fact it still could take place. As for Pantsir it should not be a surprise to anyone. Russia offered us PANTSIR AND BUK M3 and TOR along with MI-28 Attack Helicopter way back during IDEAS 2014.

@Oscar

We had an existing thread on similar news hence, merged. The title as such will suit the purpose as news isn't official. Lest not run ahead of us to make few claims & then jeopardize any operational/induction secrecy. I wish that we must play our part on the safe side instead of making risky revelations. That officer shall feel responsibility as well. Even if Indian Media claims & shares such news, which is in-fact their point agenda to seek for any possible sabotage; we will have to go through official statement in first place whereby officers aren't above Institute/Law.

@Tps43

Last edited:
Buk-M3 is not outdated and its more mobile then LY-80 with anti SRBM capability. It can also engage sea and ground targets.

Buk-M3
https://www.armyrecognition.com/rus...nical_data_sheet_specifications_11312154.html

LY-80A

https://www.armyrecognition.com/chi...data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video.html
Still a 40 year old base design. Better to look at more modern or clean sheet designs.
Adding an incremental capability increase with the Buk with its associated logistics and training has little RoI to justify it.

Still a 40 year old base design. Better to look at more modern or clean sheet designs.
Adding an incremental capability increase with the Buk with its associated logistics and training has little RoI to justify it.

We don't have anything in class of Buk-M3 as Pakistan military like multipurpose systems Buk-M3 fit in it as it can be used against sea and land targets in worst situations, due to similar reason PA want Pantsr as it can be used against ground troops in worst time.

What about tor???

It wasn't a rumor trust. Me this @Tipu7 guy is no joke. We were quite close to a deal for BLOCK 70 and in fact it still could take place. As for Pantsir it should not be a surprise to anyone. Russia offered us PANTSIR AND BUK M3 and TOR along with MI-28 Attack Helicopter way back during IDEAS 2014.

@Oscar
We consider the F-16 still a natural fit as our medium backbone and it offers the most punch with the least amount of effort for us. The V was a natural progression to the Block-52 and we have been in touch with DSCA for it.

However they have inflated the price for us while taking away key technologies we want; hence we wont go for it until those conditions are removed.

nothing new, the same happened when we wanted the Block-52+ and upgrades and eventually we got our way because we had the money available and they still would rather have a willing payee versus India’s pie in the sky.

What about tor???
What does the system add to a potential ADGE in terms of its unit cost and capability it brings. Be it Tor or Buk, our funds are limited so we have to pick and choose our capabilities.
If two systems along with Air Cover are able to provide the spectrum capacity we want the we don’t want the new system if the features it brings only overlap and not bring something completely new or address a glaring gap we have.

We don't have anything in class of Buk-M3 as Pakistan military like multipurpose systems Buk-M3 fit in it as it can be used against sea and land targets in worst situations, due to similar reason PA want Pantsr as it can be used against ground troops in worst time.

Hq 16b is similar to latest buk. We already operate hq 16a. Hence makes sense to order newer variant. I suspect our current hq 16 systems can launch b variants.

Pakistan Army is not going to be deploying the system near the sea for the most part and its land targeting capacity isn’t ideal.
Ill repeat, what gap do you see that you want to address with this expensive system which a combination of HQ-16 and a Hq-9/S-400 class system cannot address?

We consider the F-16 still a natural fit as our medium backbone and it offers the most punch with the least amount of effort for us. The V was a natural progression to the Block-52 and we have been in touch with DSCA for it.

However they have inflated the price for us while taking away key technologies we want; hence we wont go for it until those conditions are removed.

nothing new, the same happened when we wanted the Block-52+ and upgrades and eventually we got our way because we had the money available and they still would rather have a willing payee versus India’s pie in the sky.
The US defence industry was also complaining about how they lost contracts due to the unavailability of commercial export loans for big-ticket defence items.

They were already facing tough competition from Europe (because the EU companies offered such loans), but with China, Sweden, South Korea and even Turkey in the mix, it's "ridiculous."

Normally, markets such as the Philippines should be a foregone conclusion (with US companies winning), yet somehow, others are picking up contracts at LM et. al's expense.

The point I'm making is that in 2006-2007 the Peace Drive I F-16 deal was about "show us the cash," but now, it can very well steer towards, "can you pay X per year?"

It's a very different question, and with even the Block-72, a procurement outlay of $240-320 m a year (for 4-6 jets) is doable for DGMP, and the maintenance is not an issue for the PAF.

@Oscar
You still thinking i am in your league ?

I am more than facebook contacts.

Back
Top Bottom