What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

F-16 V ki khabar leak karne par aesa reaction kio nahi aya including @Rashid Mahmood sahab ka? when we know how such leaked news could collapse the entire deal through Indian lobby

I probably missed it.
But all info on military procurement is classified until officially released.

Those who violate this need to be taken to task.

I know all enthusiasts like to discuss more and more about our capabilities on such forums, but we need to feel some responsibility in doing so.

I remember seeing an official poster of Pakistan Army showcasing its various air defense systems.
And Pantsir Pic was there...View attachment 584281
Pakistan deep interest in Pantsir is not a secret. Several Russian sources have also hinted towards possible purchases of heavy hardware including Su35, Mi28, Mi35, Mi26, Pantsir & T90.

Any news which uses the terms;
  • Proposed
  • Interested
  • Being considered
can be used as they are not classified, because all info is already available.

But news regarding a contract being signed, or specific specifications being made made available from a source from inside that organisation is Classified.

Hq 16b is similar to latest buk. We already operate hq 16a. Hence makes sense to order newer variant. I suspect our current hq 16 systems can launch b variants.

They are not good for moving force as they need to be deployed for action during which they can not move.

Pakistan Army is not going to be deploying the system near the sea for the most part and its land targeting capacity isn’t ideal.
Ill repeat, what gap do you see that you want to address with this expensive system which a combination of HQ-16 and a Hq-9/S-400 class system cannot address?

HQ-16B should be compared with S-350E, China don't have anything in class of BUK-M3.

Details on display by Pakistan Army air defence on Pakistan Defence Day.

41194489_469635950205354_8708321036187205632_n-jpg.497173

I see the truck has lift jacks does this means it has to be stationary when firing ?? I assumed it can fire while on move cannon as well as missiles ?

It can I guess the reason why it’s on the list for strike corps

6 -8 per battery x 3 or 4 batteries per regiment assuming min 3 regiments for three strike corps max 32x3 =96

But not sure what’s unit here per wiki
If it’s system truck based system then it’s expensive

Unit cost
US$ 13.15 million[1]–14.67[2] million (export)

Last edited:
It can I guess the reason why it’s on the list for strike corps

6 -8 per battery x 3 or 4 batteries per regiment assuming min 3 regiments for three strike corps max 32x3 =96

But not sure what’s unit here per wiki
If it’s system truck based system then it’s expensive

Unit cost
US$ 13.15 million[1]–14.67[2] million (export)

How many launch vehicles in one unit costing as stated above?

That design is flawed instead of having a separate radar, it's located onboard with the rest of the ordnance and crew all on one vehicle making it an easy target every time it's turned on. Notice how most modern missle defense systems has every component isolated and are capable of being spread out when deployed making it even easier to place each component in it's ideal strategic location. I guess the idea with these SAM trucks is flexibility but they need to be able to be fed targeting data from external radars so they can avoid counter fire. I can imagine in the future we will see miniturized modular missle systems that can be controlled and guided using long distance Radar systems that can stay well out of range. Just drive or fly the missles within range of their Target and use both their range and the radars to multiply your standoff capacities.

That design is flawed instead of having a separate radar, it's located onboard with the rest of the ordnance and crew all on one vehicle making it an easy target every time it's turned on. Notice how most modern missle defense systems has every component isolated and are capable of being spread out when deployed making it even easier to place each component in it's ideal strategic location. I guess the idea with these SAM trucks is flexibility but they need to be able to be fed targeting data from external radars so they can avoid counter fire. I can imagine in the future we will see miniturized modular missle systems that can be controlled and guided using long distance Radar systems that can stay well out of range. Just drive or fly the missles within range of their Target and use both their range and the radars to multiply your standoff capacities.

isnt it how pretty much all wheeled SAM works? All equipment are in one vehicle and can easily avoid missile hit by constantly moving around. Or can anti radiation AGM can fallow moving target?

I guess we need to buy smaller ticket items before we can buy higher ticket items. According to the IK interview, we were negotiating many items including aircraft.

As video shows (posted above), vehicle can launch missiles whilst moving.

I remember seeing an official poster of Pakistan Army showcasing its various air defense systems.
And Pantsir Pic was there...View attachment 584281
Pakistan deep interest in Pantsir is not a secret. Several Russian sources have also hinted towards possible purchases of heavy hardware including Su35, Mi28, Mi35, Mi26, Pantsir & T90.
Brother any news of Panstir ?? even from Sources that we even ordered it or not ??

Update:

Pantsir will arrive in Jan 2020.

@The Eagle Plz edit the date in the thread title.
Brother any update ??? i hope atleast ordering / procuring of it is Confirmed atleast , leaving aside arriving of it .

Back
Top Bottom