What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

SC to Hear Petition Against Kulsoom Candidature on 18
Islamabad (September 16, 2017: The Supreme Court of Pakistan fixed Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) candidate for NA-120 by-election Faisal Mir’s petition challenging Lahore High Court verdict to throw out his petition against acceptance of Kulsoom Nawaz’s nomination papers for hearing on September 18.

A full bench headed by Justice Gulzar Ahmed will hear the petition from September 18, 2017.

Faisal Mir has field petition in Supreme Court challenging the Lahore High Court’s decision to reject his appeal against election tribunal decision regarding acceptance of Maryam Nawaz’s nomination the petition Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), Returning Officer, Kulsoom Nawaz, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) and others has been made party.

The petitioner stated that Kulsoom Nawaz failed to declare her assets and concealed them.The petitioner further stated that according to Articles 62 and 63 of the constitution of Pakistan, Kulsoom Nawaz could not contest election as she concealed her assets deliberately and dishonestly.

The petitioner said that Kulsoom Nawaz also did not declare her Iqama. He added that the LHC while deceiving his appeal did not consider these facts hence the verdict be set aside.He also sought stay of the NA-120 by-election till disposal of the petition.

The petitioner pleaded before the SC to set aside election LHC deicison rejecting his appeal against the candidate of Kulsoom Nawaz.Mir has moved to election tribunal against the acceptance of Kulsoom Nawaz’s nomination papers for NA-120 by-elections.

The tribunal rejected his appeal against which he approached Lahore High Court. The LHC also rejected his appeal against the tribunal decision

Sheikh Rasheed's PC

لاہور:اسحاق ڈار کو فوری مستعفی ہونا چاہیے،شیخ رشید
اسحاق ڈار کےلیےسب سےمشکل وقت ہے،شیخ رشید
وزیرداخلہ کے بیان پرکہوں گا یہ منہ اورمسورکی دال،شیخ رشید
منی لانڈرنگ کرنے والوں کواسٹیٹ بینک میں لگایا گیا،شیخ رشید
لاہوروالوں نے غلامی کی زنجیرتوڑیں توجمہوریت مضبوط ہوگی،شیخ رشید
یہ ایسا کیس ہےکہ مریم نہ صرف پارٹی توڑے گی بلکہ خاندان بھی توڑدے گی،شیخ رشید
ڈار164 کے بیان سے پیچھے ہٹےتووہ بھی شریف خاندان کیساتھ ملزم بنے ہیں،شیخ رشید
وکیل نظرثانی کی درخواست میں بھی مردےاکھیڑرہے تھے،شیخ رشید
لاہوروالےغلامی کی زنجیرتوڑیں گےتوہی جمہوریت مضبوط ہوگی،شیخ رشید
لاہور:آپ کے مزید اکاؤنٹس کے جواب آنا شروع ہوگئے ہیں،شیخ رشید
سعودی عرب اورترکی سےاین آراوکی کوشش کی جارہی ہے،شیخ رشید
یہ لندن میں بیٹھ کراین آراوچاہتے ہیں دوسرا ترکی میں بیٹھ کر،شیخ رشید

نواز شریف کوجیلوں میں ڈال کرآئی ایم ایف کا قرضہ چکایا جائے،شیخ رشید
نوازشریف کے خلاف 17 سال سے 19 کیسززیرالتواہیں،شیخ رشید
نوازشریف کے اقتدارمیں سب سے بڑی تباہی کا ہاتھ مریم کا ہے،شیخ رشید

DJ2Q4E2WsAA1um9.jpg:large

DJ2QxETWAAAhCSm.jpg:large

DJ2Q2TOWAAEsyo0.jpg:large

نوازشریف کی وطن واپسی سےمتعلق بھی مشاورت کی جائےگی، ذرائع
نوازشریف ن لیگی رہنماؤں سےآیندہ کی حکمت عملی پر مشاورت کریں گے، ذرائع

DJ2T2GFXUAA4qgY.jpg:large

Maryam is genuinely the reality and ugliness of Shariff's. She is the outcome of a generation fed on haram.

And she may turn out to be even more deadlier than Sheikh Haseens if her crimes are left unpunished.

Mr. And Mrs. Safdar are actually preparing their next in line for the throne i.e. daughter and son are being pushed into political lime light. Just saw a rose news SK Niazi promotional piece.

DJ2Q4E2WsAA1um9.jpg:large

DJ2QxETWAAAhCSm.jpg:large

DJ2Q2TOWAAEsyo0.jpg:large

نوازشریف کی وطن واپسی سےمتعلق بھی مشاورت کی جائےگی، ذرائع
نوازشریف ن لیگی رہنماؤں سےآیندہ کی حکمت عملی پر مشاورت کریں گے، ذرائع

DJ2T2GFXUAA4qgY.jpg:large

Time for Maryam bibi to join her siblings in London. Rok saktay ho to rok lo.

And she may turn out to be even more deadlier than Sheikh Haseens if her crimes are left unpunished.

Mr. And Mrs. Safdar are actually preparing their next in line for the throne i.e. daughter and son are being pushed into political lime light. Just saw a rose news SK Niazi promotional piece.

Time for Maryam bibi to join her siblings in London. Rok saktay ho to rok lo.

When a contestant starts talking of 'not accepting defeat' even before the day of contest (despite all the pre-poll rigging), they've actually lost already.

This dynasty is finished and these are the last dying breaths in the rage of death. Maryam will die a horrible political death when the very money that empowers her is snatched away.

I think...she will also leave after NA-120 election..b4 19th... Koi nahi rokay ga...isay bhi...

Thats the privilege reserved for those belonging to Takht Lahore. What to talk about other instititions when except these mafiasos, the rest of us are fair game for even the SCP.

Watch roze news right now, DG NAB Lahore interview about references.

Thats the privilege reserved for those belonging to Takht Lahore. What to talk about other instititions when except these mafiasos, the rest of us are fair game for even the SCP.

Watch roze news right now, DG NAB Lahore interview about references.

You are right abt takht e lahore.... Also, I dont think..SC will disqualify Kulsoom Nawaz...SC cant afford tht..after disqualifying NS...also, i want Justice Gulzar to excuse himself from the bench..

Regd DG NAB...There was a ticker on Roz news...tht DG nab lahore said ke Ch NAB ne corruption ke khilaaf bhtt strong action liye hain.. Iss ke baad ..iss DG NAB lahore ki mere liye..credibility nahi rahi ..iss liye..am not watching tht interview

Last edited:
SC has fixed petition against nomination papers of kulsoom Nawaz on 18th july .next day after election

Media is reporting tht CJ has fixed this petition for hearing b4 a bench headed by Justce Gulzar.. Abhi tak media par doosray members ka nahi suna ke kon hain? But i think they will be Justice Qazi Faez Isa and justce Maqbool Baqar...because as per SC cause list..bench number. 2 (although this case hasnt been updated yet on SC website) bench no 2 for all cases next week includes Justce Gulzar, Qazi faez Isa and Justce Maqbool Baqar... So i think yehi bench sunay ga..

However, i want Justice Gulzar to excuse himself from this bench.. Panama case ke kisi judge ko..iss bench main nahi hona chahye tha.. I dont know..why CJ has fixed it for hearing b4 bench headed by Justice Gulzar? Fuzool main. Cntroversy hogi.. And honestly..i dont expect SC to reject her nomination papers.. Waisy bhi us waqt election tu ho hi chuka hoga.. If Kulsoom Nawaz wins...and then SC declares tht she wasnt qualified for the election..ek hungama hojayega...

With Justic Gulzar heading this bench..ek added contoversy hogi.. I think he should excuse .. Your thoughts? @Arsalan @Shane @PakSword
@Realistic Change Whats the latest update regarding NA-120?

Obviously review petitions tu reject honi hi thee.. 99.99% cases main review petitions reject hi hoti hain..its scope is very limited.. None of us ..expected any change /reversal in decision in this review petition.. Hwever what we were afraid of..is..tht going by judges remarks's and repeated assurances by judges..tht monitoring judge will not influence trial..monintoring judge..kuch khaas nahi karein ge.. We were afraid tht judges can limit/restrict scope of monitoring judge to ensuring /meeting time lines only..of this verdict.. Or maybe they can /will remove or edit tht para..jis main JIT ki tareef ki gayi hai..because sharif family's lawyers hv been emphasing on this a lot..ke is se...fair trial mutaasir hoga..and judges esp J Azmat ..even yesterday said tht we will surely clarify this..in our verdict...
I think monitoring judge ke role ko zuroor clarify karein ge judges...and it can be restricted to ensuring time lines..

So review petitions reject hona kabhi masla nahi tha.. Woh tu hona hi tha.. For both the points tht i mentioned.we will have to wait for detailed verdict..

It will be an interesting fight even after rigging (pre,during, and post polling). Admin has tons of advantages; police threatening/registering cases against transporters always work for pmln-this blocks the voter transport from homes to polling stations.

You are right abt takht e lahore.... Also, I dont think..SC will disqualify Kulsoom Nawaz...SC cant afford tht..after disqualifying NS...also, i want Justice Gulzar to excuse himself from the bench..

Regd DG NAB...There was a ticker on Roz news...tht DG nab lahore said ke Ch NAB ne corruption ke khilaaf bhtt strong action liye hain.. Iss ke baad ..iss DG NAB lahore ki mere liye..credibility nahi rahi ..iss liye..am not watching tht interview

She won't be disqualified but don't you think if her result is "Stayed"- ;) would that be not enough to start another fun war against ECP & NADRA?

She won't be disqualified but don't you think if her result is "Stayed"- ;) would that be not enough to start another fun war against ECP & NADRA?

It will be great if result is stayed...infact best possible option.....but Do u think...resul will / can be stayed? Ek hungama hojaayega... SC cant afford tht, right now.. SC is already extremely cautious... Panama case main judges keh keh kar thak gaye tht we showed restraint..(?)..... I dont think..SC can afford to even stay kulsoom Nawaz's election...after disqualifying Nawaz..aur ek jo campaign SC ke against chalaa rahay hain PML N walay.. SC will stay out of another controversy relating to sharifs.....

It will be great if result is stayed...infact best possible option.....but Do u think...resul will / can be stayed? Ek hungama hojaayega... SC cant afford tht, right now.. SC is already extremely cautious... Panama case main judges keh keh kar thak gaye tht we showed restraint..(?)..... I dont think..SC can afford to even stay kulsoom Nawaz's election...after disqualifying Nawaz..aur ek jo campaign SC ke against chalaa rahay hain PML N walay.. SC will stay out of another controversy relating to sharifs.....

Yes, there is huge possibility of result being stayed!

It will be an interesting fight even after rigging (pre,during, and post polling). Admin has tons of advantages; police threatening/registering cases against transporters always work for pmln-this blocks the voter transport from homes to polling stations.

Hmm.. I hope..some miracle happens and she loses... But as u said...admin has lot of advantages.... So...not soo hopeful

Do u think..Maryam nawaz will leave for london..before 19th...irrespective of the result of this election..which Kulsoom Nawaz is most probably winning? I think..she will leave before 19th.. She will again leave....with the slogan "Rok saktay ho tu rok lo" ..koi nahi rokay ga..usay..i think..

Yes, there is huge possibility of result being stayed!

I really hope soo..
Staying election result is safest option.....I really hope..SC shows some muscle ..and doesnt get over cautious over here..

Hmm.. I hope..some miracle happens and she loses... But as u said...admin has lot of advantages.... So...not soo hopeful

Do u think..Maryam nawaz will leave for london..before 19th...irrespective of the result of this election..which Kulsoom Nawaz is most probably winning? I think..she will leave before 19th.. She will again leave....with the slogan "Rok saktay ho tu rok lo" ..koi nahi rokay ga..usay..i think..

I really hope soo..
Staying election result is safest option.....I really hope..SC shows some muscle ..and doesnt get over cautious over here..

Situation is fluid; and there are so many probabilities and each one allows several options for future strategy of several parties involved;

1. Nawaz family (would MNS be able to come back victoriously for Sep 19th or make bachgana excuse of wife's illness)
2. Shahbaz family (would he able to pull anything; Party leadership, PM candidature)
3. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (as I said before - would he be Junejo to Zia or Jammali to Musharraf - just wait and see)
4. Ch Nisar (would he be able to hijack party)
5. What's the margin of result and its impact on both: PTI & PMLN?
6. How comments of yesterday's proceedings play for ECP and NADRA on Sep 18th in SCP?
7. How well pre poll rigging rigging gets exposed as record of both; Voters/NICs blocked and Voter Registered & Transferred has to be disclosed. And since it would be fresh election, lighting them up or getting imaginary horses to pee on votes types of excuses or opportunities would be hard to pull off by PMLN goons.

And several other behind the scenes factors....

IMG_0529.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom