What's new

Panama Case - Post Verdict Discussion and Updates

http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/user_files/File/C.R.P._297_2017.pdf

ORDER

Asif Saeed Khan Khosa, J.:

Civil Review Petitions No. 297 to 299, 303 and 308 to 312 of 2017

For reasons to be recorded later all these review petitions are dismissed.

Civil Miscellaneous Application No. 6114 of 2017 in Constitution Petition No. 30 of 2016

2. The learned Prosecutor-General, Accountability has entered appearance and has stated at the bar in categorical terms that on 14.09.2017 the Chairman, National Accountability Bureau has approved filing of an appeal against the judgment passed by the Lahore High Court, Lahore in the case of M/S Hudabiya Paper Mills Ltd. and a direction has also been issued by him to the Prosecutor-General, Accountability for filing an appeal in that regard before this Court. The learned Prosecutor-General, Accountability has undertaken that the requisite appeal shall be filed before this Court within the next seven days without fail. In view of the information supplied and the statement made by the learned Prosecutor-General, Accountability the applicant/ petitioner does not press this miscellaneous application. This miscellaneous application is, therefore, disposed of as having not been pressed.

geo-news-urdu-geonews-urdu-sheikh-rashid-ahmad-shkhrasheed-gt-road-27014457.png

Sheikh Rashid Zindabad :yahoo:

جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ کے مطابق مریم نواز لندن فلیٹ کی بینیفیشل مالک ہے،جسٹس کھوسہ
مریم نواز نے پہلے لندن فلیٹ کے تعلق سے انکار کیا تھا،جسٹس آصف کھوسہ
برٹش ورجن آئی لینڈ نے مریم نواز کو مالک قرار دیا، جسٹس اعجاز افضل

These remarks indicate tht PTI and Sheikh Rashid should have gone into review petition, and asked for declaration against Maryam Nawaz...on honesty...

Now.... As scope of review is extremely limited..and original decision is hardly changed in review... And as this was review petition by sharif family...at most...judges could dismiss them and include more remarks...clarifying their order, or even to satisfy petitioners (sharif family here)

If PTI and Sheikh Rashid would hv gone to review..maybe they could get some relief ..and get declaration against Maryam, atleast from Justice Khosa and Gulzar..as judges openly admitted this fact..tht she has been proven beneficial owner

Justice Khosa and Gulzar were not in the bench, tht heard arguments and gave verdict on JIT report, and they said tht this was the reason tht they didnt write a single line in 28th july verdict.. But now tht they have heard arguments on JIT, and also tht they were included in this review bench..if PTI and Sheikh Rashid would have gone in review..there was a chance tht maybe they could have got declaration against Maryam by Justice Khosa and Gulzar..on honesty regarding ownership of flats., But since PTI and SRA didnt go in review and only Sharif family went in review..and scope of review petition is extremely extremely limited..now theres no chance..at all tht there might be any further addition in court order, even by J Khosa and Gulzar..on Maryam..

Wish they had filed for review @PakSword @Shane

Last edited:
جے آئی ٹی رپورٹ کے مطابق مریم نواز لندن فلیٹ کی بینیفیشل مالک ہے،جسٹس کھوسہ
مریم نواز نے پہلے لندن فلیٹ کے تعلق سے انکار کیا تھا،جسٹس آصف کھوسہ
برٹش ورجن آئی لینڈ نے مریم نواز کو مالک قرار دیا، جسٹس اعجاز افضل

These remarks indicate tht PTI and Sheikh Rashid should have gone into review petition, and asked for declaration against Maryam Nawaz...on honesty...

Now.... As scope of review is extremely limited..and original decision is hardly changed in review... And as this was review petition by sharif family...at most...judges could dismiss them and include more remarks...clarifying their order, or even to satisfy petitioners (sharif family here)

If PTI and Sheikh Rashid would hv gone to review..maybe they could get some relief ..and get declaration against Maryam, atleast from Justice Khosa and Gulzar..as judges openly admitted this fact..tht she has been proven beneficial owner

Justice Khosa and Gulzar were not in the bench, tht heard arguments and gave verdict on JIT report, and they said tht this was the reason tht they didnt write a single line in 28th july verdict.. But now tht they have heard arguments on JIT, and also tht they were included in this review bench..if PTI and Sheikh Rashid would have gone in review..there was a chance tht maybe they could have got declaration against Maryam by Justice Khosa and Gulzar..on honesty regarding ownership of flats., But since PTI and SRA didnt go in review and only Sharif family went in review..and scope of review petition is extremely extremely limited..now theres no chance..at all tht there might be any further addition in court order, even by J Khosa and Gulzar..on Maryam..

Wish they had filed for review @PakSword @Shane

MSafdar is not an MNA so honesty clause does not apply in her case.

It would have been like shooting themselves in the foot which is a habit best left for PMLN to repeat. Both judgments called for trial court to decide everything else other than DQ.

These judges are extremely proud of their judgements and its merits. It took them a good part of 1.5 years to get where they are. They would not have moved one inch from something all five of them agreed on other than DQ reason and JIT that all crimes to be dealt in Accountability court.

I'm disappointed, to say the least, that SRA didn't ask for or press on monitoring of Hudaibya case.

It would have been a much more consequential plea had it been along the lines of a need for atleast a monitoring judge if not a bench headed by Justice ASK.

It would have been a death rattle for the defence. I would like to know if @Realistic Change , @QatariPrince or anybody know of a reason why SRA didn't go down that road.

MSafdar is not an MNA so honesty clause does not apply in her case.

It would have been like shooting themselves in the foot which is a habit best left for PMLN to repeat. Both judgments called for trial court to decide everything else other than DQ.

These judges are extremely proud of their judgements and its merits. It took them a good part of 1.5 years to get where they are. They would not have moved one inch from something all five of them agreed on other than DQ reason and JIT that all crimes to be dealt in Accountability court.

You are right... Honesty clause does not apply to Maryam Safdar..yet..as she is not an MNA.. But Justice Wajihuddin earlier said tht judges could declare them /Maryam/ Hasan /Hussain ineligible for politics, for future too, based on the amount of evidence / undisputed facts tht JIT collected and the fact tht their lies have been proven..after MLA responses from UAE and British Virgin Island...
So i was talking in tht context regd Maryam... So i thought tht maybe review by PTI/SRA could help in tht regard..atleast to the extent of two judges.. But now..since theres no review by PTI/SRA..and scope of review is extremely limited, so i dont think there would be even any remarks by Justice Khosa and Gulzar too, in this context regd ownership of flats

Another thing is..whether judges would have been as cautious.in their verdicts/remarks..esp regd forgery/lies .if this was the case of an ordinary family..? Would even then..everything else would have been left for accountability court?

I'm disappointed, to say the least, that SRA didn't ask for or press on monitoring of Hudaibya case.

It would have been a much more consequential plea had it been along the lines of a need for atleast a monitoring judge if not a bench headed by Justice ASK.

It would have been a death rattle for the defence. I would like to know if @Realistic Change , @QatariPrince or anybody know of a reason why SRA didn't go down that road.

Yes..even i was disappointed ...when I read J Khosa's order in which he mentioned..tht after NAB. Prosecutor general assured tht NAB is filing appeal, petitioner didnt press further on his application..and hence disposed off..
SRA should have pressed further regd his basic point..although he did talk abt role of NAB regd references (panama case..i think) but judges told him to stick to his case...

After NAB assured of filing appeal.. J Khosa asked SRA..tht Sheikh Sb, are you now satisfied? I think tht was the point..where he should have argued further.. Or maybe he did.. Dont know. I think....I read somehwere tht SRA said abt NAB tht NAB has done PhD in criminology..kehtay kuch hain..kartay kuch hain... Pata nahi..judges ne iska kiya jawab diya hoga?

SRA's arguments b4 judges didnt get updated in detail on media... So we dont know exactly what did he say?

You are right... Honesty clause does not apply to Maryam Safdar..yet..as she is not an MNA.. But Justice Wajihuddin earlier said tht judges could declare them /Maryam/ Hasan /Hussain ineligible for politics, for future too, based on the amount of evidence / undisputed facts tht JIT collected and the fact tht their lies have been proven..after MLA responses from UAE and British Virgin Island...
So i was talking in tht context regd Maryam... So i thought tht maybe review by PTI/SRA could help in tht regard..atleast to the extent of two judges.. But now..since theres no review by PTI/SRA..and scope of review is extremely limited, so i dont think there would be even any remarks by Justice Khosa and Gulzar too, in this context regd ownership of flats

Another thing is..whether judges would have been as cautious.in their verdicts/remarks..esp regd forgery/lies .if this was the case of an ordinary family..? Would even then..everything else would have been left for accountability court?

Yes..even i was disappointed ...when I read J Khosa's order in which he mentioned..tht after NAB. Prosecutor general assured tht NAB is filing appeal, petitioner didnt press further on his application..and hence disposed off..
SRA should have pressed further regd his basic point..although he did talk abt role of NAB regd references (panama case..i think) but judges told him to stick to his case...

After NAB assured of filing appeal.. J Khosa asked SRA..tht Sheikh Sb, are you now satisfied? I think tht was the point..where he should have argued further.. Or maybe he did.. Dont know. I think....I read somehwere tht SRA said abt NAB tht NAB has done PhD in criminology..kehtay kuch hain..kartay kuch hain... Pata nahi..judges ne iska kiya jawab diya hoga?

SRA's arguments b4 judges didnt get updated in detail on media... So we dont know exactly what did he say?
Yeah, it's the one that got away!

Let's hope that NAB fails to lodge a request to reopen Hudaibya and SRA gets another chance to make amends.

SC proceedings today

@PakSword Iss case main forgery wala case trial court kiun gaya? Uss ka bhi zikr hai.. I Think ye unn docs ka zikr hai..jis main forensic expert ne docs ko forged kaha tha..trust deed

فیصلے بدلے نہیں جاتے

سپریم کورٹ سے اے وحید مراد پندرہ ستمبر کو پاناما فیصلے پر نظرثانی درخواستوں کی سماعت کا آخری دن تھا اور اس کا ہمیں پہلے سے معلوم تھا کہ فیصلہ آئے گا کیونکہ جج جلدی میں تھے اور خاص طور پر جسٹس آصف سعید کھوسہ گزشتہ دو دن سے کہہ رہے تھے کہ کیس کی سماعت کسی صورت موخر نہیں کی جائے گی یہ بات سب وکیل سن لیں۔ وجہ اس کی یہ تھی کہ ججوں نے اب مزید کوئی فیصلہ نہیں دیناتھا اور جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے بیرو ن ملک دورے پر جانا ہے۔ چیف جسٹس ثاقب نثار آج اپنے کمرہ عدالت میں نہیں تھے اس لیے پانچ رکنی بنچ کمرہ عدالت نمبر ایک میں براجمان ہوا، آرام دہ کرسیوں پر ہمیں بھی جگہ ملی اور یہاں کا ساﺅنڈ سسٹم بھی باقی تمام عدالتوں سے ہزار گنا بہتر ہے۔ ساڑھے نو بجے حسن، حسین، مریم اور کیپٹن صفدر کے وکیل سلمان اکرم راجا نے دلائل کا آغاز کیا، انہوں نے عدالت کو بتایا کہ بنچ کی تشکیل اور نیب ریفرنسز و نگران جج سے متعلق خواجہ حارث کے زیادہ تر دلائل اپناتاہوں کہ میرا مقدمہ بھی وہی ہے۔ سلمان اکرم نے کہاکہ کیپٹن صفدر کا لندن کے ایون فیلڈ اپارٹمنٹ سے کوئی تعلق نہیں، عدالت نے فیصلے میں ان کے خلاف بھی ریفرنس دائر کرنے حکم دیا، جے آئی ٹی نے اپنی رپورٹ میں کیپٹن صفدرکا لندن فلیٹس سے کوئی تعلق نہیں بتایاتھا۔ جسٹس اعجازالاحسن نے کہاکہ رپورٹ کا متعلقہ حصہ پڑھ لیں، ٹرسٹ ڈیڈ کو بھی دیکھ لیں۔ وکیل بولے کہ اگر کیپٹن صفدر نے مریم اور حسین کے درمیان ہونے والی ٹرسٹ ڈیڈ پر بطور گواہ دستخط کیے بھی ہوں تب بھی یہ فلیٹ ان کی ملکیت نہیں، اس لیے ان کے خلاف بھی مالکان کی طرح ریفرنس دائر کرنے کے فیصلے پر نظرثانی کی جائے۔ جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے کہاکہ مجھے نہیں معلوم کہ آخر میں اس الزام کا عدالت میں کیا نتیجہ نکلے گا کیونکہ مقدمہ ٹرائل میں ہے مگر کیپٹن صفدر کا تعلق ہے، کیپٹن صفدر کی اہلیہ نے بھی شروع میں ملکیت سے انکار کیا تھا مگر وجن آئی لینڈ کے اٹارنی جنرل کے خط سے تصدیق ہوئی کہ ملکیت ہے، جو بھی تعلق ہے اس کی تفتیش کی ضرورت ہے، ہمیں نہیں معلوم اس لیے ٹرائل میں ثبوت آنے دیں وہاں فیصلہ ہو جائے گا۔ وکیل نے کہاکہ یہی کہہ رہاہوں کہ تفتیش و تحقیق ہونی چاہیے مگر یہاں تو ریفرنس دائرکرنے کا فیصلہ دے دیا گیاہے، پہلے انکوائری کرنے دی جاتی، جب سپریم کورٹ نے حکم دے دیا تو شفاف ٹرائل کا حق ہی ختم کردیا گیا۔ جسٹس عظمت سعید نے کہاکہ ملزمان کے تمام حقوق کا تحفظ ہوگا، ٹرائل کسی بھی صورت متعصبانہ نہیں ہوگا۔وکیل نے کہاکہ جب سپریم کورٹ نے خود ہی تمام شواہد اور گواہوں کے بارے میں اپنے فیصلے میں تعین کردیا تو ٹرائل کورٹ کیسے مختلف فیصلہ کرسکے گی۔ جسٹس کھوسہ نے کہاکہ بے نظیربھٹو کیس میں بھی سپریم کورٹ نے اسی طرح کا فیصلہ دیاتھا اور ٹرائل کورٹ نے اپنا فیصلہ دیا تھا، یہاں ہم مقدمات کے آئینی رخ یا حصے کو دیکھتے ہیں، مقدمے کے فوجداری حصے کو دیکھنا ٹرائل کورٹ کا کام ہے، ہم نے اسی لیے جعلی دستاویزات کے معاملے پر اپنے فیصلے میں کچھ نہیں لکھا اور یہ رخ فوجداری ہے ٹرائل کورٹ سنے گی۔جسٹس عظمت سعید نے کہاکہ ہم یہاں سپریم کورٹ میں ملزمان کی ضمانت کے مقدموں میں بھی آبزرویشن دیتے ہیں مگر ان کا ٹرائل متاثر نہیں ہوتا۔ جسٹس اعجازافضل نے کہاکہ ہم بہت محتاط ہو کر بولتے اور لکھتے ہیں تاکہ ٹرائل متاثر نہ ہو۔ وکیل نے کہا کہ عدالت نے فیصلے میں ایسی آبزرویشن دیدی ہے کہ ٹرائل آزادانہ اور شفاف نہیں ہوسکے گا، ٹرائل کورٹ کو ہدایت کرنی چاہیے تھی کہ سپریم کورٹ کے فیصلے سے متاثر نہ ہو۔ جسٹس عظمت سعید نے کہاکہ ہم پر اعتبار کیوں نہیں کرتے؟ ہم وعدہ کرتے ہیں کہ ٹرائل شفاف ہوگا، ملزمان کے حقوق کا تحفظ ہوگا اور ٹرائل کسی بھی صورت متاثرنہیں ہوگا۔غیرجانبدارانہ ٹرائل کو ہرصورت ممکن بنانے کیلئے اور آئینی و قانونی حقوق کی فراہمی کے پابند ہیں۔ وکیل نے دوبارہ اپنی بات کہی تو جسٹس عظمت سعید نے کہاکہ کیا ہم اب آپ کو بیان حلفی لکھ کردیں؟۔جسٹس اعجازافضل نے کہاکہ ہماری کسی آبزرویشن سے ٹرائل متاثر نہیں ہوگا، ٹرائل کورٹ کا جج ہم کسی صورت جانبدار نہیں ہونے دیں گے۔ سلمان اکرم راجا نے کہاکہ اس طرح کے مقدمات میں جب معاملہ ٹرائل کورٹ میں جانا ہوتاہے فیصلے میں محتاط الفاظ استعمال کیے جاتے ہیں۔ جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے کہا کہ ہم آپ کے کہنے سے بھی زیادہ محتاط ہیں۔ وکیل نے بھارتی سپریم کورٹ کے گجرات فسادات میں دیے گئے فیصلے کا حوالہ دیا کہ اس میں اعلی عدلیہ نے ٹرائل کورٹ کی کارروائی کو متاثر ہونے سے بچانے کیلئے کیا لکھا، جسٹس عظمت سعید نے وکیل کو فورا روکتے ہوئے کہاکہ بھارت کے اس کیس کا حوالہ نہ دیں معاملہ کہیں اور نکل جائے گا، پاکستانی سپریم کورٹ کے فیصلوں کی حوالے دیدیں۔ جس کے بعد سلمان اکرم راجا نے کئی مقدمات کے حوالے دیے۔ جسٹس اعجازافضل نے کہاکہ جن نکات پر آپ دلائل دے رہے ہیں خواجہ حارث تفصیل سے بات کر چکے ہیں ۔ جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے مسکراتے ہوئے کہاکہ آپ کی بدقسمتی ہے کہ سب سے آخر میں دلائل کی باری آئی۔ جسٹس عظمت ہنستے ہوئے بولے کہ اس سے بھی زیادہ بدقسمتی یہ ہوئی کہ خواجہ حارث جیسے وکیل کے بعد آپ کی باری آئی جنہوں نے ہرنکتے کو تفصیل سے بیان کیا۔ سلمان اکرم راجا نے آدھے گھنٹے میں اپنے دلائل مکمل کرلیے جس میں زیادہ دیر جج ہی بولتے رہے۔ اس کے بعد شیخ رشید کی حدیبیہ پیپرز ملز اپیل دائر کرنے کیلئے نیب کے خلاف درخواست کی باری آئی۔شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ پانامہ فیصلے سے پہلے نیب نے سات دن میں یہ اپیل دائر کرنے کا بیان دیاتھا، عدالت کے فیصلے میں وہ حصہ شامل ہے مگر اب یہ لوگ کسی کے کہنے پر مکر گئے ہیں، اخبارات کی ہیڈلائن بھی اپنی درخواست کے ساتھ لگائی ہیں۔عدالت نے کہاکہ نیب کی جانب سے پیش ہونے کیلئے پراسیکیوٹر جنرل کو بلایاجائے۔شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ سپریم کورٹ میں بیان دینے کے بعد بھی اگر وہ کام نہیں کیا جاتاتو پھر یہ ملک اللہ کے حوالے ہے۔اس ملک میں چھ ادارے ہیں جو ٹھیک ہوجائیں تو سب ٹھیک ہوجائے گا، نیب، ایس ای سی پی، ایف بی آر، پیمرا، اور الیکشن کمیشن میں ہر حکومت اپنے درباری بٹھاتی ہے۔شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ آٹھ ادارے ٹھیک ہونا ضروری ہیں۔ جسٹس کھوسہ نے پوچھا کہ نام گنوادیں۔ شیخ رشید پہلے لیے گئے ناموں میں سے چار ہی گنوا پائے اور پانچویں پر اپوزیشن لیڈر کی طرف چلے گئے۔ شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ جہاں عدالت نے اتنا احسان کیا ہے اپوزیشن لیڈر کے انتخاب کا طریقہ کار بھی تبدیل کردے تو اس ملک پر احسان ہوگا۔حدیبیہ پیپرز میں بارہ سو ارب معاملہ ہے۔ یہ ادارے جب حکمرانوں کے جیب کی گھڑی اور ہاتھ کی چھڑی بن جائیں گے تو کچھ نہیں بچے گا، پیمرا میں ایف اے پاس کو لگادیاجاتاہے۔میں سات بار وزیر رہا، مجھے معلوم ہے کہ یہ کیسے کرپشن کرتے ہیں، انہوں اسحق خان کے ذریعے مجھے ہٹاکر اسحاق ڈار کو لگایا کیونکہ میں پیسے ادھر سے ادھر نہیں کرتاتھا۔ کافی دیر سے سیاسی تقریر کیلئے اوور ٹائم دینے والے ججوں میں سے جسٹس کھوسہ بولے کہ شیخ صاحب، آپ ایسے الزام نہ لگائیںاپنے کیس پر فوکس کریں۔ اسی دوران نیب کے پراسیکیوٹر جنرل وقاص ڈار عدالت پہنچے تو استفسار پر بتایاکہ اپیل دائرکرنے کا فیصلہ کیاجاچکاہے، چیئرمین نیب نے منظوری دیدی ہے۔ جسٹس کھوسہ نے کہاکہ آپ لکھ کر لائے ہیں؟۔ وقاص ڈار نے کہاکہ پراسیکیوٹر جنرل ہوں، عدالت میں کھڑا ہوں میر ی بات کا اعتبار اور اہمیت ہونی چاہیے۔جسٹس کھوسہ نے کہا کہ کب دائر کریں گے، عدالت میں بیان دینے سے وقت کے اندر عمل کرنا ہوگا۔ شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ یہ لوگ عدالت میں کہی بات پر عمل نہیں کرتے، کچھ لوگ جھوٹ بولنے میں پی ایچ ڈی ہوتے ہیں۔ پراسیکیوٹر نے اس بات پر ناراضی کا اظہار کیااور کہاکہ سات دن میں اپیل دائر کردی جائے گی۔ جسٹس کھوسہ نے شیخ رشید کو کہاکہ آپ اس طرح بات مکمل ہونے سے پہلے کسی پر الزام نہ لگائیں۔ شیخ رشید بولے کہ وقاص قدیر کی بات نہیں کررہا، یہ اچھے آدمی ہیں میرے شہر راول پنڈی کے ہیں۔ پراسیکیوٹرجنرل نے کہاکہ شیخ صاحب نے مجھے بھی اپنی درخواست میں نہیں بخشا۔ جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے شیخ رشید سے کہاکہ نیب نے یقین دہانی کرادی ہے کیا اب بھی اپنی درخواست پر زور دیتے ہیں؟۔ شیخ رشید نے کہاکہ عدالت مطمئن ہے تو میں بھی مطمئن ہوں۔ عدالت نے نیب کی یقین دہانی پر شیخ رشید کی درخواست نمٹادی۔ جسٹس کھوسہ نے خواجہ حارث سے کہاکہ کیا آپ کی تمام درخواستوں پردلائل مکمل ہوگئے ہیں؟۔ وکیل نے کہاکہ دلائل دیے ہیں عدالت فیصلہ کرے کو پانچ رکنی بنچ کا فیصلہ ہی حتمی ہے۔ جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے کہاکہ اس وقت سوادس بجے ہیں، گیارہ بجے آکر بتاتے ہیں کہ ہم نے کیا کرناہے اس پر آپس میں مشاورت کریں گے۔ گیار بج کر دس منٹ پر پانچ رکنی بنچ عدالت میں آیا، جسٹس آصف کھوسہ نے ایک جملے میں کہاکہ، وہ وجوہات جو بعد میں لکھی جائیں گی ان کے تحت یہ تمام نظرثانی درخواستیں خارج کی جاتی ہیں‘۔ اور اس کے ساتھ ہی ہم ٹی وی رپورٹروں نے بریکنگ نیوز دینے کیلئے عدالت کے دروازے کی طرف دوڑ لگادی ۔

In case the following has not been discussed as yet:

With the support of MQM, there is a move to remove Khursheed Shah from the position of opposition leader and bring in SMQ.

The above means:

PTI will have a major say in appointing the next NAB Chief.
PTI will have a major say in selecting the interim govt. before 2018 election (including the interim PM).

:azn: :-)

A major decision yesterday. Review petitions rejected. Congratulations everyone. This is exactly what was being anticipated and i hope would have calmed down a few nerves. Honestly, agr abhi bhe hum yakeen nai aata tu that is our own weakness. InshAllah sb theek thak ho jai ga.

SC has fixed petition against nomination papers of kulsoom Nawaz on 18th july .next day after election

Media is reporting tht CJ has fixed this petition for hearing b4 a bench headed by Justce Gulzar.. Abhi tak media par doosray members ka nahi suna ke kon hain? But i think they will be Justice Qazi Faez Isa and justce Maqbool Baqar...because as per SC cause list..bench number. 2 (although this case hasnt been updated yet on SC website) bench no 2 for all cases next week includes Justce Gulzar, Qazi faez Isa and Justce Maqbool Baqar... So i think yehi bench sunay ga..

However, i want Justice Gulzar to excuse himself from this bench.. Panama case ke kisi judge ko..iss bench main nahi hona chahye tha.. I dont know..why CJ has fixed it for hearing b4 bench headed by Justice Gulzar? Fuzool main. Cntroversy hogi.. And honestly..i dont expect SC to reject her nomination papers.. Waisy bhi us waqt election tu ho hi chuka hoga.. If Kulsoom Nawaz wins...and then SC declares tht she wasnt qualified for the election..ek hungama hojayega...

With Justic Gulzar heading this bench..ek added contoversy hogi.. I think he should excuse .. Your thoughts? @Arsalan @Shane @PakSword
@Realistic Change Whats the latest update regarding NA-120?

A major decision yesterday. Review petitions rejected. Congratulations everyone. This is exactly what was being anticipated and i hope would have calmed down a few nerves. Honestly, agr abhi bhe hum yakeen nai aata tu that is our own weakness. InshAllah sb theek thak ho jai ga.

Obviously review petitions tu reject honi hi thee.. 99.99% cases main review petitions reject hi hoti hain..its scope is very limited.. None of us ..expected any change /reversal in decision in this review petition.. Hwever what we were afraid of..is..tht going by judges remarks's and repeated assurances by judges..tht monitoring judge will not influence trial..monintoring judge..kuch khaas nahi karein ge.. We were afraid tht judges can limit/restrict scope of monitoring judge to ensuring /meeting time lines only..of this verdict.. Or maybe they can /will remove or edit tht para..jis main JIT ki tareef ki gayi hai..because sharif family's lawyers hv been emphasing on this a lot..ke is se...fair trial mutaasir hoga..and judges esp J Azmat ..even yesterday said tht we will surely clarify this..in our verdict...
I think monitoring judge ke role ko zuroor clarify karein ge judges...and it can be restricted to ensuring time lines..

So review petitions reject hona kabhi masla nahi tha.. Woh tu hona hi tha.. For both the points tht i mentioned.we will have to wait for detailed verdict..

Back
Top Bottom