What's new

Pakistan's vast Shale Oil & Gas Reserves | Updates & Discussions

China also has quite a decent amount of Shale oil and gas too.

We have the 3rd largest Shale Oil reserves, and the 2nd largest Shale Gas reserves in the world.

Unconventional Resources | Unconventional Gas | Coalbed Methane

This is by "technically recoverable" standards. So we are going to be neck-deep in this business as well.

@nick_indian

I suggest you remove that stupid image and ask respectfully,if you really want an answer.
@Chinese-Dragon

There is a great potential for cooperation in this field. Pakistan is thought to be a hotspot for 'Geothermal energy' too. Maybe that can be an area of cooperation between us in the distant future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Pakistan. This may be a god sent opportunity for Pakistan to recover from the doldrums it is at present.

@Argus Panoptes

'Technically recoverable with today's technology.'

No one is dreaming of an overnight miracle oil boom. Its our strategic asset and soon will be available as the technology progresses.

@fatman17 Today's price sir.

@niaz whats your opinion sir?

The issue is not technology. The requisites for exploiting these deposits are: private ownership of subsurface rights to provide incentives for exploitation, availability of subcontractors to provide the many areas of critical expertise needed, pre-existing gathering and pipeline structures and water resources needed for fracking.

Let me rephrase them: Property rights, availability of sub-contractors, collection and distribution pipelines and water. How many of these requisites will we be able to provide? How about 25 years from now?

@nick_indian

I suggest you remove that stupid image and ask respectfully,if you really want an answer.
@Chinese-Dragon

There is a great potential for cooperation in this field. Pakistan is thought to be a hotspot for 'Geothermal energy' too. Maybe that can be an area of cooperation between us in the distant future.

Yes we are already being very pro-active in the field of Shale oil/gas, so there is a lot of scope for cooperation.

$8.64 trillion is no joke, that is more than the annual economic output of China (which was $8.3 trillion in 2012), or around 3 times the economic output of Germany.

We both need to be a lot more gung-ho in this matter, it could really help to fuel our respective national development policies.

Why cant u keep these kinda news secret...
Dont u guys learn anything from history...
Oil brings nothing but misery....

The issue is not technology. The requisites for exploiting these deposits are: private ownership of subsurface rights to provide incentives for exploitation, availability of subcontractors to provide the many areas of critical expertise needed, pre-existing gathering and pipeline structures and water resources needed for fracking.

Let me rephrase them: Property rights, availability of sub-contractors, collection and distribution pipelines and water. How many of these requisites will we be able to provide? How about 25 years from now?

25 years from now may be too late...world might have move to alternative energy sources by then. Pakistan must act now.

@nick_indian

@Chinese-Dragon

It's a facepalm . I don't know what you find so disrespectful about that . Its in fairly common usage on the internet.

You may or may not give me the answer. That's up to you , respected Sir :agree:

25 years from now may be too late...world might have move to alternative energy sources by then. Pakistan must act now.

Hydrocarbon based energy in its many forms will remain important for the foreseeable future, probably the next century. If we can be ready to exploit these resources in 25 years, it will be a great achievement. If we can be ready. If.

Amazing news until it got detailed. Surprise, surprise.

Details are the favorite hiding place of the devil, Sir.

Hydrocarbon based energy in its many forms will remain important for the foreseeable future, probably the next century. If we can be ready to exploit these resources in 25 years, it will be a great achievement. If we can be ready. If.

Details are the favorite hiding place of the devil, Sir.

I would disagree. Although Hydrocarbon based energy may remain one form of important energy resource for near future. It is going to find huge competition in alternative energy resources. With competition, the energy market will move towards being a market, where the supplier will loose the power to set energy prices,and buyer assuming more power over supplier.

I would disagree. Although Hydrocarbon based energy may remain one form of important energy resource for near future. It is going to find huge competition in alternative energy resources. With competition, the energy market will move towards being a market, where the supplier will loose the power to set energy prices,and buyer assuming more power over supplier.

You are right that other types of energy sources will gain market share, but HC energy forms will remain overwhelmingly dominant in my view. I can respect your opinion without agreeing with it.

Besides, cheap, reliable energy and how it is used is what is important, not its particular forms.

The KP Governor was given an update about plans to explore the area for oil and gas, that is all. The headline concluding "abundance" is wildly and typically incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom