What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

Folks we all need to relax on the German submarine issue. There isn't even an actual quotation on the Ambassador's words, let alone anything that would discredit what the Pakistani PM Gilani said about the deal was progressing as planned. Try not to be rash and jump to every conclusion as it comes along.

I know its hard for you to digest....Any progress made by Pak will be hard for any Indian to accept it. :tdown:

Pakistan is building Agosta 90B, they have licence to build it..and they have plans to build more with more advanced technologies.....so to keep your mouth close for future....I am refering Pakistan Navy future Inductions....

Reference Link:-Pakistan Navy Future Induction plan

Find out the following with your open eyes....PN is going to build 2 more Augosta 90B within next few years.

Agosta 90B [FR] 5 till 2015.

:pakistan:

Yes there are rumors, even from the credible sources, that Pakistan may build more Agosta-90B. I was having this discussion with a friend from the navy the other day.

no need for any such adventure!
i mean we can not buy something just because India have it. the role of our navy is to protect our coast lines and avoid naval blockade! our conventional subs are reral good at this. at the moment if PN finally get the U214 one thing is sure that it will turn the balance of submarine power in our favor because the main advantage of nuclear sub is its ability to stay submerged but U214 can beat it on all other fronts!

Depending upon the future needs Pakistan must opt a nuclear sub , maybe try to get them on lease from US , like we did in the Past with Ghazi Submarine ..!
Is it possible to opt a US losangeles class sub ...?

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute "SIPRI" Pakistan has ordered and received 59 DM-2A4 torpedoes and ordered 2 MESMA from France in 2007 which will be integrated in A-90B by 2011. Pakistan Navy submarine fleet already packs a great punch with latest AShM Harpoon and DM2A4 torpedoes as well as AIP system.

Pakistan should be ok with 6 Agosta Subs , remember nuclear subs are great for long distance operations , we don't need to go that far distances we are staying close to our borders and may be 300-500 km radius ...

Pakistan should be ok with 6 Agosta Subs , remember nuclear subs are great for long distance operations , we don't need to go that far distances we are staying close to our borders and may be 300-500 km radius ...

Remember IN is going to have multiple superior submarines then Agosta-90B and we need next generation submarine to meet PN future demand that can keep up with the race. And just like air force, PN defence is also offense.

Remember IN is going to have multiple superior submarines then Agosta-90B and we need next generation submarine to meet PN future demand that can keep up with the race. And just like air force, PN defence is also offense.

Note, that Augosta Class is in no way lesser than any Diesel Electric Sub with AIP! As far as induction of Nuclear Sub in IN is concerned, that is not going to change their technological comparison considering that Diesel Electric is still quieter than them, only makes IN a blue water Navy but doesnt give any edge over PN.

The issue comes to quantity atlast, if we are inducting U214 or Marlin 6 is good number, otherwise i would love to see PN starting 3 more Augosta's at Karachi shipyard.

Does anyone remember the price of the 3 agostas that we paid to the french.Did it include the other 2 mesmas or not? Thanks in advance for the response.
Araz

Hi, I am rowan atkinson.
I agree WAZ, but Malin will incorporate more from Baracuda Sub which is one of the best in Nuclear Submarine Class at the moment and will be far forward in tech from U-214s or Scorpene. The reason Pakistan was reluctant was that Marlin is a new design and will require more integration and testing to fit the requirements. Agosta and Scorpene are on par.

It is feasible to get 2 more Agosta-B submarines..French/German deal is a shadow deal we'll have to wait for it to come out of the dark. PN is already operating Agosta-B therefore i don't think PN should look into Chinese subs for now..

Last edited:
Fellows, Fellows,
Please share update about U-214 Deal ,
deal is still in pipeline or gone ?

dnt knw..

bt is ther any chance if we buy marlin class or fund this project which they said are better then the one which we offered to india...

so will this will enable of jf-17 equiption deal?

Type 039 Submarine is one of the options for Pakistan

Kuala Lumpur, KLS: Since Pakistan’s Navy is phasing out its obsolete conventional submarines, purchasing new submarine becomes priority for Pakistan.

Chief of Naval Staff of Pakistan, Admiral Noman Bashir said the submarine candidates from France and Germany, including China will be evaluated by Pakistan.

According to Pakistani news report, Pakistan Navy is now operating two Agosta 70 submarines and three Agosta 90B submarines, the former will be retired and replaced by seven conventional submarines.

Previously, there are reports saying that Pakistan has selected German U-214 or French Marlin submarines but the purchase contract is not inked yet until today.

“Pakistan and china are neighbors and we have long standing relationship, we are very close friend, like Malaysia and Pakistan. And Chinese technology is very good, the F22P frigate that we are operating is very well, their technology is as good as other else,” Admiral Noman Bashir to KLS in an interview.

“So we are phasing out submarines, we need more submarines, so china is one of the options we looking at because china also has the technology like France and Germany.”
He said Pakistan not only has one choice but more than one choice in the matter of purchasing new submarine.

“We have not evaluated Type-039 yet because our priority is on frigate program,” he said.

He also revealed that Pakistan would probably forward request to evaluate Type-039 in near future.

Back
Top Bottom