well type 039 doesnt seem a good frigate to me

why nt

3 U-214 and 4 marlin

or 7 total u-214 subs

well type 039 doesnt seem a good frigate to me

why nt

3 U-214 and 4 marlin

or 7 total u-214 subs

try to be realistic. firstly germans are not willing to sell us . 2nd even if they are selling us, Do you know the price tag of U214.. its not possible for us to buy 7 of them at once. because for only 3 i heard the main problem is that we want the deal to be on 10 years defered payments while germans don't agree. Chinese sub can be good because we can have our requirements full filled with upgrades as is the case with J10. and the price is also less and we can buy them because of loan facility that we can get from chinese. try to be realistic.

Type 039 Submarine is one of the options for Pakistan

Kuala Lumpur, KLS: Since Pakistan’s Navy is phasing out its obsolete conventional submarines, purchasing new submarine becomes priority for Pakistan.

Chief of Naval Staff of Pakistan, Admiral Noman Bashir said the submarine candidates from France and Germany, including China will be evaluated by Pakistan.

According to Pakistani news report, Pakistan Navy is now operating two Agosta 70 submarines and three Agosta 90B submarines, the former will be retired and replaced by seven conventional submarines.

Previously, there are reports saying that Pakistan has selected German U-214 or French Marlin submarines but the purchase contract is not inked yet until today.

“Pakistan and china are neighbors and we have long standing relationship, we are very close friend, like Malaysia and Pakistan. And Chinese technology is very good, the F22P frigate that we are operating is very well, their technology is as good as other else,” Admiral Noman Bashir to KLS in an interview.

“So we are phasing out submarines, we need more submarines, so china is one of the options we looking at because china also has the technology like France and Germany.”
He said Pakistan not only has one choice but more than one choice in the matter of purchasing new submarine.

“We have not evaluated Type-039 yet because our priority is on frigate program,” he said.

He also revealed that Pakistan would probably forward request to evaluate Type-039 in near future.
I just hope that PN is looking for the new Type 039A YUAN Class Diesel Electric Submarines not the Type 039 SONG Class Submarines

i just hope that PN will go for the U-214 SSK and reject the paper Marline Submarines

After the French statements of not providing JF-17 avionics due to indian factor how could GoP look for the Marline Submarines?

try to be realistic. firstly germans are not willing to sell us . 2nd even if they are selling us, Do you know the price tag of U214.. its not possible for us to buy 7 of them at once. because for only 3 i heard the main problem is that we want the deal to be on 10 years defered payments while germans don't agree. Chinese sub can be good because we can have our requirements full filled with upgrades as is the case with J10. and the price is also less and we can buy them because of loan facility that we can get from chinese. try to be realistic.

hmmmm.

how much the 7 subs will cost?
i think it iwll cost all about 3-4BN USD.
cant we do this eomethinglike this to spend 2 Bn on indegenous subs program and 2 bn for the new type o41 class chineese subs nt the 039 one.

hmmmm.

cant we do this eomethinglike this to spend 2 Bn on indegenous subs program and 2 bn for the new type o41 class chineese subs nt the 039 one.

German HDW is offering three U-214 boats for about a billion dollars

Chinese are offering price of around $230 million for each boat so for 4 chinese subs it will be $920 million

this makes it around $2 billion for 3 Western Subs and 4 Chinese subs

Last edited:
hmmmm.

And from where we will get this 3-4 bn$???

Brothers,
why U-214 Deal not going to finalized ? what's wrong with that ?
where are hurdles?

And from where we will get this 3-4 bn$???

well i thought it frm ther

scorpen subs cost 500 million each.
and U-214 are supposed to be better then scorpene
so i think it will cost atleast 600-700 Million.for 3 it measn 20 Bn

and i never thought chineese subs are so cheap.

By the way, I thought this deal is not going to be finalized with France,,

6-3-2010_108843_1.gif

One side is our President and other side is French.
Both have one thing Common. Guess Which One ?
why we does not try for U-214. what is hurdle ?

Type 039 Submarine is one of the options for Pakistan

Kuala Lumpur, KLS: Since Pakistan’s Navy is phasing out its obsolete conventional submarines, purchasing new submarine becomes priority for Pakistan.

Chief of Naval Staff of Pakistan, Admiral Noman Bashir said the submarine candidates from France and Germany, including China will be evaluated by Pakistan.

According to Pakistani news report, Pakistan Navy is now operating two Agosta 70 submarines and three Agosta 90B submarines, the former will be retired and replaced by seven conventional submarines.

Previously, there are reports saying that Pakistan has selected German U-214 or French Marlin submarines but the purchase contract is not inked yet until today.

“Pakistan and china are neighbors and we have long standing relationship, we are very close friend, like Malaysia and Pakistan. And Chinese technology is very good, the F22P frigate that we are operating is very well, their technology is as good as other else,” Admiral Noman Bashir to KLS in an interview.

“So we are phasing out submarines, we need more submarines, so china is one of the options we looking at because china also has the technology like France and Germany.”
He said Pakistan not only has one choice but more than one choice in the matter of purchasing new submarine.

“We have not evaluated Type-039 yet because our priority is on frigate program,” he said.

He also revealed that Pakistan would probably forward request to evaluate Type-039 in near future.

http://www.klsreview.com/HTML/2010Jan_Jun/20100531_02.html

well i still think U 214 must be bought and other 4 from china will do welll

Guys, I was just thinking - I've heard the Greeks are seemingly intending to sell one of their Papanikolis class (U-214) subs, due to their debt crisis. If this is true, is there any chance that Pakistan could potentially get this sub? If we can get this, along with an order of 3 U-214s from Germany, then we'll have 3 for a billion and 1 more at a potentially reduced price.

Pakistan should develop a new sub based on chinese and french technology. It wil take some time bt it will b gud 1. Better pak&china construct a neuclear sub

Pakistan should develop a new sub based on chinese and french technology. It wil take some time bt it will b gud 1. Better pak&china construct a neuclear sub

I agree with u pakistan should develop a new submarine with china or turkey in a joint venture just like the jf-17.

Back
Top Bottom