What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

We are building 3 Augusta 90 B.....one will be offered to PN in 2014 and the other 2 will be in 2018 or 2019

Bro u need to pay more attention.

Nobody is building any Agosta 90B right now. The 3 PN ordered are already in service. What you are talking about is the U214, for which the PN has shown interest but the deal has been delayed and has not been signed yet.

well what about our Agostas 90-b's the first two wee supposed to be fitted with AIP systems, any news about that. why are we waiting for so long. i mean three Agostas all wit AIP in addition to three U214 will surely be a formidible force but there is no news about procedings on Agostas being upgraded with AIP. can anyone share something usefull about the project!

regards!

yes. it really is the requirment of time. perhaps we are waiting for there palnned overhaul and then they will be fitted with AIP. however dont you think it will be a bit late?

Yes the fitting of this system is a major task and will be done during the next major overhaul. I guess it is a bit late. I hope it is not a funding issue as each system does cost around $50-60 million.

Scorpène class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its funny how you indians interpret according to your ego. :no:
all 3 agostas have longer hulls for MESMA integration while one is already fitted with such systems and the 2 will be supplied by France by the end of 2010.

Pakistan should go for Nuclear Subs . May be try to get them from the US.... as india did from Russia..

Its funny how you indians interpret according to your ego. :no:
all 3 agostas have longer hulls for MESMA integration while one is already fitted with such systems and the 2 will be supplied by France by the end of 2010.

Growler.. i don't take any guarantees for others but I don't interpret anything according to my ego. The post I had replied to mentioned that there was no news for a long time on this subject, hence the information vacuum. And the statement I had made was I hope there is not a funding problem.

By no means have I mentioned that it is a fact. Hopefully you can provide me a link to the news about the systems coming in 2010, for my further reading and knowledge.

:cheers:

Growler.. i don't take any guarantees for others but I don't interpret anything according to my ego. The post I had replied to mentioned that there was no news for a long time on this subject, hence the information vacuum. And the statement I had made was I hope there is not a funding problem.

By no means have I mentioned that it is a fact. Hopefully you can provide me a link to the news about the systems coming in 2010, for my further reading and knowledge.

:cheers:
http://www.dcnsgroup.com/files/pdf/Mesma.pdf
I hope this direct link works. in case it does not then go to the main website go to solutions- products- equipment -propulsion -MESMA

then on the 4th page it mentions that PN has ordered 2 systems for its 2 other Agosta-90b subs.

Last edited:
I hope fellow indian members also fallow your pure concrete discussion path.

http://www.dcnsgroup.com/files/pdf/Mesma.pdf
I hope this direct link works. in case it does not then go to the main website go to solutions- products- equipment -propulsion -MESMA

then on the 4th page it mentions that PN has ordered 2 systems for its 2 other Agosta-90b subs.

Never said that the PN was not getting them, just wanted some info whether it will be end 2010 or not. Went thru the site, Cheers

Pakistan should go for Nuclear Subs . May be try to get them from the US.... as india did from Russia..

i dont know how people come up with such "creative" ideas:smokin:
exporting nuke subs is banned world over

no need for any such adventure!
i mean we can not buy something just because India have it. the role of our navy is to protect our coast lines and avoid naval blockade! our conventional subs are reral good at this. at the moment if PN finally get the U214 one thing is sure that it will turn the balance of submarine power in our favor because the main advantage of nuclear sub is its ability to stay submerged but U214 can beat it on all other fronts!

regards!

can you sense it????

The Prime Minister says the government attaches high priority to the development of Federally Administered Tribal Areas.

The Parliamentary Party of PPP Punjab and participants of a rally in Islamabad have expressed full confidence in the leadership of President Asif Ali Zardari.

Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani has asked France for early provision of modern defence related equipments to help Pakistan in its ongoing military operation against terrorism.

The Foreign Minister says the new US strategy on Afghanistan has serious implications for Pakistan.

Three persons were killed in a suicide attack in Peshawar today and the President and the Prime Minister have strongly condemned the incident.

Thirty one militants have been killed in the on-going security forces operation in Aurakzai, Kurram and South Waziristan agencies.

hopefully it is not like what i am thinking right now....
hopefully they are not considering SUBS as equipment to deal with terrorists. neither they are tiger helicopters!!!

regards!

can you sense it????

hopefully it is not like what i am thinking right now....
hopefully they are not considering SUBS as equipment to deal with terrorists. neither they are tiger helicopters!!!

regards!

I think German will not give us U boats European are playing games hare they first negotiate with Pakistan about U boats to make india offer them some thing bigger so that they can make money from both side India are fool To go for every thing Scorpian, russians Germans and US might offer them some thing also how they will manage all these different platform?
If European were successful in selling Euro fighters, rafales , and More Subs they will be in win win situation

I think they will sell pakistan after the Indian final decision but india will keep them waiting? its batter to go for Agosta if we need Sub ASAP
JUST my idea

I think German will not give us U boats European are playing games hare they first negotiate with Pakistan about U boats to make india offer them some thing bigger so that they can make money from both side India are fool To go for every thing Scorpian, russians Germans and US might offer them some thing also how they will manage all these different platform?
If European were successful in selling Euro fighters, rafales , and More Subs they will be in win win situation

I think they will sell pakistan after the Indian final decision but india will keep them waiting? its batter to go for Agosta if we need Sub ASAP
JUST my idea

this may hold true for french as they have been doing it in the past, either it be a case of giving IAF mirage 2000 vs PAFs mirage III,V or giving IN scorpeon againstPNs Agostas...
as far as Germany is concerned our dealing with them very going on nicely, specially after Turkey alos joined in but sadly the deal now seem to be gone because of our great leaders!!!!:hitwall:

I think the only problem with U214 deal is that Germany dont want the deal with TOT, whereas Pakistan want that with TOT........that was the only prob that delayed the project deal to sign.

Bro u need to pay more attention.

Nobody is building any Agosta 90B right now. The 3 PN ordered are already in service. What you are talking about is the U214, for which the PN has shown interest but the deal has been delayed and has not been signed yet.

I know its hard for you to digest....Any progress made by Pak will be hard for any Indian to accept it. :tdown:

Pakistan is building Agosta 90B, they have licence to build it..and they have plans to build more with more advanced technologies.....so to keep your mouth close for future....I am refering Pakistan Navy future Inductions....

Reference Link:-Pakistan Navy Future Induction plan

Find out the following with your open eyes....PN is going to build 2 more Augosta 90B within next few years.

Agosta 90B [FR] 5 till 2015.

:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom