What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

Arihant is a average SSBN which can not stand world class top of the line type-214 SSK.

you got it exactly right!
well the only advantage that a common person can think of is longer endurance periods as it is not that great in speed or diving depth, the two oher important points to be under consideration when debating the potential of a submarine.
the diving depth and speed is nothing much superior then even PN agosta 90B

regards!

Happy Defence Day to all of you,

May Pakistan Live long,:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:
Inshallah!

Happy Defence Day

Nice video - I particularly like the way the author has edited out every time "U-212" is mentioned, because unless I am mistaken, the documentary "future weapons", depicted the type 212 and not the 214!

Pakistan will NOT be getting the type shown in the documentary (however, it will be very similar)

Having said that - the main difference between the two is the electroplated hull...other than that they are very similar and look the same.

^^^

All of the above is based on reports, which of course could be fallacious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan must seek a sanction free supplier. The only one I can see that fits the bill is China and then France. The Germans may sell the technology to Pakistan but at Uncle Sam's (or Isreals) whims it will with draw all support at the drop of a hat. I think we should develop subs with Chinese assistance and further develop the existing subs. Although if the Germans sell us with transfer of technology we should grab it while we can and develop it further.

Well the thing is that subs are a great asset, but in Pak's view, they need attack subs & that too nuclear subs to achieve their goals, procurement of these subs will strenghten their navy, if they are planning for an SSBN then its a mistake. The Indian subs will be on your tails, specially the nuclear subs. Pak needs a sub which has a certian amount of stealth & fast subs. Smaller subs will be a good idea as they would be quick & hard to target. And you can always take 3 small subs at the price of 2 big subs.

P.S. I know i have posted my comments in a highly Pakistani populised thread, please dont pounce on me or come after my blood. I just wanna write without a propoganda and add to the forum.

Well the thing is that subs are a great asset, but in Pak's view, they need attack subs & that too nuclear subs to achieve their goals, procurement of these subs will strenghten their navy, if they are planning for an SSBN then its a mistake. The Indian subs will be on your tails, specially the nuclear subs. Pak needs a sub which has a certian amount of stealth & fast subs. Smaller subs will be a good idea as they would be quick & hard to target. And you can always take 3 small subs at the price of 2 big subs.

P.S. I know i have posted my comments in a highly Pakistani populised thread, please dont pounce on me or come after my blood. I just wanna write without a propoganda and add to the forum.

:lol: mmmmmk

He HE!! mr Growler, i think of you as a complete novice!! I am talking about nuke subs & you come up with disel electric. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No matter how silent a disel electric is, nuke subs are more silent!! I see this as a case of mine is bigger than yours & i aint her for that, so you can boil you blood in peace everytime you see an Indian post!!

He HE!! mr Growler, i think of you as a complete novice!! I am talking about nuke subs & you come up with disel electric.
I see this as a case of mine is bigger than yours & i aint her for that, so you can boil you blood in peace everytime you see an Indian post!!

:disagree: OMG WTF.... Do you understand english? or were you playing some kashsoldier fanboy videos from youtube and just letting my video play on the background with out comprehending any facts? Why is Gotland one of the deadliest submarine in the world? because its diesel electric AIP submarine! why the americans had hard time figureing out a way to hunt this sub? because it is really really QUITE!
You clearly lack any Naval warfare knowledge..... all you know what indians tell you.... first of all their is no such thing as "nuke subs"... its basically powered with nuclear reactor as a source of energy which gives the sub endurance of about 100 days.... An average nuclear sub like arehant is not quite as top of the line american British or french nuclear subs.. it basically needs 10 times more systems to get the submarine going meaning it will generate more noise and its acoustic signature will be very high comparatively to silent AIP propelled submarines!
No matter how silent a disel electric is, nuke subs are more silent!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

:disagree: OMG WTF.... Do you understand english? or were you playing some kashsoldier fanboy videos from youtube and just letting my video play on the background with out comprehending any facts? Why is Gotland one of the deadliest submarine in the world? because its diesel electric AIP submarine! why the americans had hard time figureing out a way to hunt this sub? because it is really really QUITE!
You clearly lack any Naval warfare knowledge..... all you know what indians tell you.... first of all their is no such thing as "nuke subs"... its basically powered with nuclear reactor as a source of energy which gives the sub endurance of about 100 days.... An average nuclear sub like arehant is not quite as top of the line american British or french nuclear subs.. it basically needs 10 times more systems to get the submarine going meaning it will generate more noise and its acoustic signature will be very high comparatively to silent AIP propelled submarines!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

Yups i agree with you. But i really liked the part about challenging the american navy....:smitten: on naval warfare

So what is latest on U-214 subs?? Any update.

well september elections in Germany are schedueled for September 27 and recent polls show that stage is all set for appointment of german Chancellor Angel Merkel for anoter term. so if evey thing goen of smoothly perhaps we will be getting some official conformation by end of october to mid november, Inshallah!

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom