What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

paritosh

you are not worthy a reply.. you talk to much nonsense that you cook at night in your bed for which i certainly dont have time to reply.. :)

Nutuk plez share some info regarding possible sale of Papanikolis to pakistan..

yeah...Growler you have no answer...from your posts it is clear that your tech knowledge is very superficial...there is not one technical reason that you've mentioned in all of your posts to counter mine.

paritosh

you are not worthy a reply.. you talk to much nonsense that you cook at night in your bed for which i certainly dont have time to reply.. :)

i wish you could have realized it a bit earlier, :agree:
actually i was kind of shocked and culdnt understand that why are you involving yourself into this furitless debate !! :hitwall:
sir you know, any thing that the indian operate is gold and when it comes to us it turns clay!!
no point in discussing issues with them as they are never going to realize facts!:tsk:
anyway good try!

regards!

i wish you could have realized it a bit earlier, :agree:
actually i was kind of shocked and culdnt understand that why are you involving yourself into this furitless debate !! :hitwall:
sir you know, any thing that the indian operate is gold and when it comes to us it turns clay!!
no point in discussing issues with them as they are never going to realize facts!:tsk:
anyway good try!

regards!

:lol: right on the spot... these indians are so deluded and pathological liars.. you are right i should not waist my time arguing with them...
oh btw you know type-212/214 can is a nuclear sub hunter..
these U-boats have so many features that most of modern subs dont even have.

:lol: right on the spot... these indians are so deluded and pathological liars.. you are right i should not waist my time arguing with them...
oh btw you know type-212/214 can is a nuclear sub hunter..
these U-boats have so many features that most of modern subs dont even have.

yeap.
i agree that these are among the best conventional subs in the world at the moment. being there N-sub killer is a point i wont like to debate on as i am sure it will start anothr battle of pak vs indian technology here. infact we might end up some post from our friends that can be heavily de-moralizing for the germans themselves :lol:
i dont want the germans to get ashamed of there sub, i bet the indina will come with post that will make them so! :blah:
therefore let us avoid this discussion!!

regards!

you seriosly need to understand my posts firrst then try answering them k :rofl:

dude...you and I are from BR...we are RAW agents....he really can't give away Pakistani intel now can he?
besides their sub is the world's best sub...invincible...untraceable...you really don't have to get too technical about it..it's not cool getting too cocky and too technical regarding stuff Pakistan buys.
Quit making sense....seriously it's not cool.

dude...you and I are from BR...we are RAW agents....he really can't give away Pakistani intel now can he?
besides their sub is the world's best sub...invincible...untraceable...you really don't have to get too technical about it..it's not cool getting too cocky and too technical regarding stuff Pakistan buys.
Quit making sense....seriously it's not cool.

You a RAW agent? if i call you that then i will be insulting RAW agents who are pretty much dam smarter then you. Your IQ is not developed yet to even consider you a technical knowledgeable guy. At the end of the day you will be only a BR fanboy who will throw just about any BS just to satisfy their dirty indian ego. you being the pathological liar and a BS poster i have clearly won all arguments that Type-214 is a nuclear sub killer that india will posses.

Here is what Indian nuclear sub is not capable of.

- incapable of engaging air threats such as MPA, UAVs, and anti-sub helicopters
- incapable of launching UAVs
- incapable of conducting low profile kills from sea bed
- certainly not capable of sustaining fast speed missions due to it very high risk of being detected.
- incapable of conducting missions with navy special forces.
- Not stealthy
- Not manoverable
- In PAK-INDO submarine warfare context, nuclear submarine can not utilize its full potential.

A Permasyn TM propulsion motor drives a low-noise, skew-back propeller. Among the 'stealth' attributes derived from the Type 212 is the reduction of flow noise and an overall minimisation of signatures.

PAPANIKOLIS is an outstanding performer:

Excellent Stability and Rolling Behaviour
It has to be clearly noted that the Class 214 submarine has no stability problem in any sea conditions.
The stability of the Class 214 has been proven in a diving and inclination test according to the applicable governmental building standards and the test showed the surface stability values exceeding the required performance level by nearly 50%.
Moreover, the submarine is fully operational in all respects, under water as well as when in surface transit. The so-called technical problem of PAPANIKOLIS is a completely normal behaviour of any ship on the surface, including for example containerships.

The Air Independent Propulsion System: Outstanding World Class Technology
The fuel cell based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system with its decisive contribution to the superior submerged operation of PAPANIKOLIS is a latest-state-of-the-art development: More silent, longer diving, faster driving, more compact. With this AIP system, PAPANIKOLIS sets standards never reached before.
The fuel cell modules installed on PAPANIKOLIS are based on the well-proven modules installed on submarines in operation with certain NATO navies. The world record in submerged operation time for conventional submarines was achieved in spring 2006 by a Class 212 submarine of the German Navy. HDW and Siemens can assure that the fuel cell modules installed on PAPANIKOLIS will be as reliable.

PAPANIKOLIS: Extreme New Signature for Quietness
PAPANIKOLIS has an outstanding performance in terms of acoustic signatures.
As part of the tests of the submarine, extensive acoustic measurements have been made at the two official test ranges of the German Government. As is normal practice, the submarine has thereafter been fine-tuned and adjusted by using the results of these measurements.
The results of the final acoustic measurements were in all areas (including the propeller) within the contracted values and are additionally meeting almost all of the extremely tough performance criteria specified for the German Navy Class 212A submarines.

The ISUS Combat System: New Standards and New Horizons
The ISUS (Integrated Sonar Utility System) system is the latest generation of a fully integrated combat system, tailored to the requirements of the Hellenic Navy and the most sophisticated system ever installed onboard a submarine.
In addition to traditional combat system capabilities, ISUS also integrates several other systems, such as navigation, radar and platform systems. In a special test program for PAPANIKOLIS in August 2006, a 36-hour test was successfully performed, meeting all specified contractual performance criteria clearly.

The Periscope: Fully in Function, Even Under Extreme Conditions
For operational reasons, the periscope of the Class 214 boat is longer than usual. In order to further minimise vibrations, comprehensive modifications were carried out. These have led to substantial improvements and no further problems have been observed.

The Hydraulic System: New Findings Led to Perfect Performance
There was never a water inrush into the boat. A minor leakage of water into the hydraulic system was immediately noted and perfectly repaired. The hydraulic system has been continuously running without restrictions.

ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems is fully committed to the excellent development of Hellenic Shipyards in the framework of this huge European shipyard group. We are sure that Hellenic Shipyards is and will be in the future a reliable partner for national and international navies and other clients.

You a RAW agent? if i call you that then i will be insulting RAW agents who are pretty much dam smarter then you. Your IQ is not developed yet to even consider you a technical knowledgeable guy. At the end of the day you will be only a BR fanboy who will throw just about any BS just to satisfy their dirty indian ego. you being the pathological liar and a BS poster i have clearly won all arguments that Type-214 is a nuclear sub killer that india will posses.

Here is what Indian nuclear sub is not capable of.

- incapable of engaging air threats such as MPA, UAVs, and anti-sub helicopters
- incapable of launching UAVs
- incapable of conducting low profile kills from sea bed
- certainly not capable of sustaining fast speed missions due to it very high risk of being detected.
- incapable of conducting missions with navy special forces.
- Not stealthy
- Not manoverable
- In PAK-INDO submarine warfare context, nuclear submarine can not utilize its full potential.
heh...something caught your attention?
dude...fu*k the Indian sub.
read my last post and quote it where you think it's stupid...that is if you really are as proficient as you claim to be...
(btw there are some new smilies you can spray allover your intelligent reply...)

A Permasyn TM propulsion motor drives a low-noise, skew-back propeller. Among the 'stealth' attributes derived from the Type 212 is the reduction of flow noise and an overall minimisation of signatures.

yeah...oooh loook at me I am screaming at this stupid indian guy on the forum...
what is this random $hit about anyway?
why are you so afraid of quoting from my post?'ask' me what you don't understand.

PAPANIKOLIS is an outstanding performer:

Excellent Stability and Rolling Behaviour
It has to be clearly noted that the Class 214 submarine has no stability problem in any sea conditions.
The stability of the Class 214 has been proven in a diving and inclination test according to the applicable governmental building standards and the test showed the surface stability values exceeding the required performance level by nearly 50%.
Moreover, the submarine is fully operational in all respects, under water as well as when in surface transit. The so-called technical problem of PAPANIKOLIS is a completely normal behaviour of any ship on the surface, including for example containerships.

The Air Independent Propulsion System: Outstanding World Class Technology
The fuel cell based Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) system with its decisive contribution to the superior submerged operation of PAPANIKOLIS is a latest-state-of-the-art development: More silent, longer diving, faster driving, more compact. With this AIP system, PAPANIKOLIS sets standards never reached before.
The fuel cell modules installed on PAPANIKOLIS are based on the well-proven modules installed on submarines in operation with certain NATO navies. The world record in submerged operation time for conventional submarines was achieved in spring 2006 by a Class 212 submarine of the German Navy. HDW and Siemens can assure that the fuel cell modules installed on PAPANIKOLIS will be as reliable.

PAPANIKOLIS: Extreme New Signature for Quietness
PAPANIKOLIS has an outstanding performance in terms of acoustic signatures.
As part of the tests of the submarine, extensive acoustic measurements have been made at the two official test ranges of the German Government. As is normal practice, the submarine has thereafter been fine-tuned and adjusted by using the results of these measurements.
The results of the final acoustic measurements were in all areas (including the propeller) within the contracted values and are additionally meeting almost all of the extremely tough performance criteria specified for the German Navy Class 212A submarines.

The ISUS Combat System: New Standards and New Horizons
The ISUS (Integrated Sonar Utility System) system is the latest generation of a fully integrated combat system, tailored to the requirements of the Hellenic Navy and the most sophisticated system ever installed onboard a submarine.
In addition to traditional combat system capabilities, ISUS also integrates several other systems, such as navigation, radar and platform systems. In a special test program for PAPANIKOLIS in August 2006, a 36-hour test was successfully performed, meeting all specified contractual performance criteria clearly.

The Periscope: Fully in Function, Even Under Extreme Conditions
For operational reasons, the periscope of the Class 214 boat is longer than usual. In order to further minimise vibrations, comprehensive modifications were carried out. These have led to substantial improvements and no further problems have been observed.

The Hydraulic System: New Findings Led to Perfect Performance
There was never a water inrush into the boat. A minor leakage of water into the hydraulic system was immediately noted and perfectly repaired. The hydraulic system has been continuously running without restrictions.

ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems is fully committed to the excellent development of Hellenic Shipyards in the framework of this huge European shipyard group. We are sure that Hellenic Shipyards is and will be in the future a reliable partner for national and international navies and other clients.
you could have just given me the link...

^ hey listen... stop spamming here with your irrelevant posts.. you are not the only person here who i am talking to... so every reply is not directed at you... btw congratulations.. you have lost the debate now go home..

^ hey listen... stop spamming here with your irrelevant posts.. you are not the only person here who i am talking to... so every reply is not directed at you... btw congratulations.. you have lost the debate now go home..

you are the one who is spamming...you've written mindless posts focused on just trying to bash me...and doing a miserable job at that...right from the first post you've been asked to refrain from getting personal...well i dont know how old you are...but your posts wander miles far from subtlety and technical sense...we don't play king-of-the-hill here...
when your technical prowess is questioned...you start quoting from random internet articles...start posting in size 40 font...absolute gibberish.
till now after a million posts you still haven't understood what you are fighting/defending...you started by talking about how the IDAS can shoot down a P-8I from a depth of 400m....then you started talking about the AIP....and then it was the type-214 vs the nuke sub comparison...
it is clear that you know bits about two three things related to the german sub that you like twisting around and posting redundantly.
...yeah dude...you really won the 'debate'.
:tdown:

Last edited:
no news or updates about the U214,
i guess there is big money talks are going on the division of commision is being discussed!! iwonder when that in-camera briefing be given about the whole deal!!

regards!

Arihant is a average SSBN which can not stand world class top of the line type-214 SSK.

Back
Top Bottom