What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Perhaps in the way they look, but SSG has never been trained by the SAS.
Now here you are wrong mate.
Guys in the front row are from SAS.
1769e58.jpg

Powindah's training with SAS at Sterling lines.
FB_IMG_1553455898483.jpeg

Did the other countries also have their special forces for this camp or just Pakistan, if anyone knows?

Approximately 80,000 soldiers participated in the exercise. The vast majority of these troops werefrom Russia, but soldiers from Armenia, Belarus, China, Iran, Myanmar and Pakistan also participated. These military drills also involved 250 tanks, almost 500 armored personnel carriers, around 200 pieces of artillery, and ships from both the Russian and Iranian navies.

Approximately 80,000 soldiers participated in the exercise. The vast majority of these troops werefrom Russia, but soldiers from Armenia, Belarus, China, Iran, Myanmar and Pakistan also participated. These military drills also involved 250 tanks, almost 500 armored personnel carriers, around 200 pieces of artillery, and ships from both the Russian and Iranian navies.

Doesn't mention anything specific. Have noticed from most of these Russian exercises, either SCO or with SSG in Pak and Russia recently, it seems like they don't have their very elite forces at these exercises. Don't know if they're regular or special forces though.

I wanna ask, After getting training from several armies like SAS etc, do our SSGs become suprior in versatility or its just we are still inferior so continuously need training from them?

This are many flaws in this shooting position.
Yes there are many flaws. Like rifle is supported on very low level object as compared to his shoulders. A lose grip on the stock. Rifle is at steep downward angle a very bad posture will lead to back and neck pain legs are dangling meaning not a firm support for lower back. Supporting arm is dangling too thus missing every shot and many many more.

But you got to understand that just a photo op. There are taking picture just for their social media.

I wanna ask, After getting training from several armies like SAS etc, do our SSGs become suprior in versatility or its just we are still inferior so continuously need training from them?
I really like your question. I'll try to explain with simple example, "No matter how much a student get knowledge, can he/she surpass his/her teacher or master?"

Definitely No.

US Delta Force was was based on SAS but still at number two spot and SAS is at number one spot.
On a wider note SAS/SBS and US MACV-SOG are considered Father and Mother of modern Special Forces around the globe but they are at number one spot no other SF unit is able to Outclass them.

SSG/SSG-N are not the most elite but on of the elite. In my ranking SSG/SSG-N lies around 7th spot in Top Ten.

Only couple of things are stopping them from becoming a 5th place contender and that are lack of modern training and tactics, equipment(including weapons) and limited Area of Operation(Unlike their western or Russian counterparts who track terrorists to other countries in Clandestine/Covert or Non-Covert Operations).

For example British SAS/SBS and Candian Joint Task Force 2 are not officially present in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and African countries. They don't need their government approval, Government often don't know about their presence and they deny any claims about them.

Doesn't mention anything specific. Have noticed from most of these Russian exercises, either SCO or with SSG in Pak and Russia recently, it seems like they don't have their very elite forces at these exercises. Don't know if they're regular or special forces though.
Only Pakistan sent SF unit all other countries troops were form infantry, mechanized divisions and paratroopers.

I really like your question. I'll try to explain with simple example, "No matter how much a student get knowledge, can he/she surpass his/her teacher or master?"

Definitely No.

US Delta Force was was based on SAS but still at number two spot and SAS is at number one spot.
On a wider note SAS/SBS and US MACV-SOG are considered Father and Mother of modern Special Forces around the globe but they are at number one spot no other SF unit is able to Outclass them.

SSG/SSG-N are not the most elite but on of the elite. In my ranking SSG/SSG-N lies around 7th spot in Top Ten.

Only couple of things are stopping them from becoming a 5th place contender and that are lack of modern training and tactics, equipment(including weapons) and limited Area of Operation(Unlike their western or Russian counterparts who track terrorists to other countries in Clandestine/Covert or Non-Covert Operations).

For example British SAS/SBS and Candian Joint Task Force 2 are not officially present in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and African countries. They don't need their government approval, Government often don't know about their presence and they deny any claims about them.
So in a nutshell, the scope of operations or area of deployment increases the versatility and broaden the size of box for elite forces.

Let's say if we have enough resources and decide to start meddling in outside pakistan, automatically our elite forces would be in position of much more training and thus will become more competant and potent

Back
Top Bottom