What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Maybe for you. But for them its a confidence drill
There are a lot of forces who has performed field work better than Russian special forces without doing this stupidity that is called confidence drill. Someone is just trying to make a statement. I would hope no professional will take that seriously.

The Paramilitaries of the "company" carry out covert ops, that no one will ever hear about, sometimes Special Forces are put on temporary assignments and attached, they will wear no unit symbols or insignia.

Also those guys the para mils, you will never see their faces, denial is assured.

20 Sep 2020

The military drills, which will be held from Sept 21-26 aim to assess ability of troops to react to various challenges and learn from each other’s experiences, the ISPR said. — ISPR Twitter/File

The military drills, which will be held from Sept 21-26 aim to assess ability of troops to react to various challenges and learn from each other’s experiences, the ISPR said. — ISPR Twitter/File

There are a lot of forces who has performed field work better than Russian special forces without doing this stupidity that is called confidence drill. Someone is just trying to make a statement. I would hope no professional will take that seriously.
Let me tell you something, Russian SF are known to get job done.

Whatever you think Russian SF are still up higher in the rankings.....
I am closely studying Russian SF in Syria trust me they are effective as their Western counterparts like 1st SFOD-D, SEALs, and British SF.

Let me tell you something, Russian SF are known to get job done.

Whatever you think Russian SF are still up higher in the rankings.....
I am closely studying Russian SF in Syria trust me they are effective as their Western counterparts like 1st SFOD-D, SEALs, and British SF.
I am not doubting that. I am just making a point that other special forces are getting the job done( some of them better than russians) without doing these unnecessary theatrics.

I am not doubting that. I am just making a point that other special forces are getting the job done( some of them better than russians) without doing these unnecessary theatrics.
French GIGN also fire live rounds at their comrades during training.

So its more about getting job done not about training doctrine...

French GIGN also fire live rounds at their comrades during training.

So its more about getting job done not about training doctrine...

I have a video about it. A video about the live fire by new recruit on one comrade to prove that the new recruit is operational.

Will upload it if requested.

ps : the video is a video from a tv program I’ve made with my phone.
unfortunately it’s on my phone and I’m not able to attach it on PDF.
Will try soon from computer @PanzerKiel

Last edited:
Just monkey stunts.

Well... if you want to be critical about it, the entire 19 obstacle course at Cherat can be called monkey stunts.

But what people are not analyzing is what the guy says in the video: the drill is about controlling the bullet's trajectory in close quarters, while under severe pressure, and in the presence of non-combatants.

We find mention of controlling the bullet's trajectory in popular Western culture, an example being Max Payne. The later titles of the game show Mr. Payne's finesse in slow motion. I know, it's only a game, but they get professionals to advise on these mega budget games.

Controlling the trajectory is not limited to only the space between muzzle and target. You also need to control how the bullet may ricochet off the target. This would require knowledge of target material, bullet angles. It would require choosing the right bullet before going into an operation based on available intel.

And while we are on the topic of Max Payne, one interesting concept is the 'slow mo' battle rage of Max Payne in which he is able to analyze everything in slow motion. Now this is an exaggeration, but I have thought long and hard about the topic and what a real life manifestation would like. My breakthrough came at the gym during planking. A one minute plank is the longest one minute of my life. Similarly, one minute of non-stop rope skipping. As the oxalic acid starts building up in the muscle tissue, and the hot pain starts registering, the brain analyzes each second separately it seems. My hypothesis is that under oxygen deficiency, the brain quickens up, thus giving a perception of seconds lasting longer.

So, an operator just before performing a controlled breach could artificially recreate this but simply holding his breath. As the lack of oxygen starts making the seconds seem longer, he would breach and charge into a room, where his quicker brain gives him an advantage. This is just a hypothesis on my part, and would require a long and rigorous training to stop thinking about the oxygen deficiency and focus on the task. It would also leave the operator out of breath in the immediate aftermath of the breach. I am further hypothesizing that some kind of injection straight into the blood stream could supply a boost of oxygen.

The closest real life special ops training that I know of is the US SEALs 'water proofing' where the SEAL under training is tied up, his head forced under the water, and he has to free himself up. This has a one to one correspondence with lack of oxygen, strenuous physical activity under pressure, and keeping calm in such a situation. I have a hunch that you can take this to higher levels and use the resulting perception of time slowing down to your advantage.

@PanzerKiel your thoughts would be appreciated

Well... if you want to be critical about it, the entire 19 obstacle course at Cherat can be called monkey stunts.

But what people are not analyzing is what the guy says in the video: the drill is about controlling the bullet's trajectory in close quarters, while under severe pressure, and in the presence of non-combatants.

We find mention of controlling the bullet's trajectory in popular Western culture, an example being Max Payne. The later titles of the game show Mr. Payne's finesse in slow motion. I know, it's only a game, but they get professionals to advise on these mega budget games.

Controlling the trajectory is not limited to only the space between muzzle and target. You also need to control how the bullet may ricochet off the target. This would require knowledge of target material, bullet angles. It would require choosing the right bullet before going into an operation based on available intel.

And while we are on the topic of Max Payne, one interesting concept is the 'slow mo' battle rage of Max Payne in which he is able to analyze everything in slow motion. Now this is an exaggeration, but I have thought long and hard about the topic and what a real life manifestation would like. My breakthrough came at the gym during planking. A one minute plank is the longest one minute of my life. Similarly, one minute of non-stop rope skipping. As the oxalic acid starts building up in the muscle tissue, and the hot pain starts registering, the brain analyzes each second separately it seems. My hypothesis is that under oxygen deficiency, the brain quickens up, thus giving a perception of seconds lasting longer.

So, an operator just before performing a controlled breach could artificially recreate this but simply holding his breath. As the lack of oxygen starts making the seconds seem longer, he would breach and charge into a room, where his quicker brain gives him an advantage. This is just a hypothesis on my part, and would require a long and rigorous training to stop thinking about the oxygen deficiency and focus on the task. It would also leave the operator out of breath in the immediate aftermath of the breach. I am further hypothesizing that some kind of injection straight into the blood stream could supply a boost of oxygen.

The closest real life special ops training that I know of is the US SEALs 'water proofing' where the SEAL under training is tied up, his head forced under the water, and he has to free himself up. This has a one to one correspondence with lack of oxygen, strenuous physical activity under pressure, and keeping calm in such a situation. I have a hunch that you can take this to higher levels and use the resulting perception of time slowing down to your advantage.

Agree. As you can see in second drill as he was being pushed and yelled by other Operators he was also given quick maths problems. And was shooting his targets close to friendlies.

Idea was to check your fire plus to keep calm under stress so your mind can analyze situation...

Dear

I would rather not share my thoughts since I'll have to divulge several other things which shouldn't be posted.

But I must say, I'm in complete agreement with you.

Dear

I would rather not share my thoughts since I'll have to divulge several other things which shouldn't be posted.

But I must say, I'm in complete agreement with you.
Sometimes, you sound soo diplomatic and also like a politician too.:no::secret:

Back
Top Bottom