What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Dear, @Ghost 125 knows his stuff. He's been one of them.
He would be but....
I am wondering from what kind of snow and sun they are protecting their face from..
1600539323727.png

Note: Just flaming, No hard feelings

He would be but....
I am wondering from what kind of snow and sun they are protecting their face from..
View attachment 671477

Note: Just flaming, No hard feelings
No problem dear....

However in this specific Pic, it's for camouflaging the bright facial skin instead of hiding their identity....

I mean, ZATU guys, why would they like to hide their faces from the very terrorists they are about to eliminate, it's mostly dark inside, ZATU operator is aiming from behind his M4 with a tactical flashlight ON as well... So almost no chance the enemy will be able to see his face.....

But since they operate generally in all black clothes, so a black face cover easily blends with their overall appearance.

A black face mask is an easier option when compared to facial paint.

... Otherwise, the whole commando unit which participates in 23 March JS parade.... Does it openly.

Hiding faces etc. is an anachronism of the past. The only viable reason for it is when troops/Special Forces have to be assigned to internal security and recce in support of anti-terrorism operations where the chances of identification by local anti-state actors are high. The primary reason for concealing facial recognition is to not put the individual or their family members at risk.

For operations against a near-peer, it isn't needed.

Mexican and/or Israeli special forces are usually seen covering their faces because they operate within the local populations and are at risk for two things, a) Identification by drug cartels or Hamas etc., b) endangering their own lives and those of their relations.

Rest of this is just nonsensical mystique being created around Special Forces for no other practical reason.

Last and somewhat logical reason is that most special forces don't allow their people to be photographed. If their pictures are published openly, there is usually some questioning. A very long time ago, an acquaintance of mine, who was then serving in the SSG, had his photo published in the newspaper in the "Matrimonials" section by an eager cousin of his who had newspaper contacts. Just on account of that picture, he had to respond to the GHQ on that issue. This is prior to the "Information Age" days. Nobody wants to deal with this type of scrutiny/khuawri.

The Americans, British, French etc. etc. can cover their faces all they want but in Afghanistan, just by the way they walked gave away their identification and they stopped concealing their faces. The fanboys continue to conceal as if the Taliban were going to search their photos and send hit squads back to the US/UK! :-) As such, in such realistic circumstances what good does the facial cover do? Also all of the photos above are from COIN/CT operations and those I have explained in the first para.

Last edited:
Hiding faces etc. is an anachronism of the past. The only viable reason for it is when troops/Special Forces have to be assigned to internal security and recce in support of anti-terrorism operations where the chances of identification by local anti-state actors are high. The primary reason for concealing facial recognition is to not put the individual or their family members at risk.

For conventional roles against a near-peer, it isn't needed.

Mexican and/or Israeli special forces are usually seen covering their faces because they operate within the local populations and are at risk for two things, a) Identification by drug cartels or Hamas etc., b) endangering their own lives and those of their relations.

Rest of this is just nonsensical mystique being created around Special Forces for no other practical reason.
Exactly that was my point. They only wear masks because of job sensitivity.

Please shed some light on these multimedia too.
Why he is wearing a mask at 30:43. A common person can tell hiding his identity.

Now move on to this video why Russian Alpha group is wearing a mask before appearing on camera. Does your argument still apply.

Why these french Special Forces Operators wearing masks at their comrades funeral?
View attachment 671546

Why French elite CT unit GIGN wear mask in public. Does it nothing to with French law which clearly states "You are not allowed to take pictures of their faces and soldiers are not allowed either to shoe their faces"..

Why the hell British SBS operators covering their faces knowing that there are cameras covering at Battle of Qilla-i-Jangi.
View attachment 671547

Why British SAS operators wearing a mask in Public all around cameras...?Sun maybe...
View attachment 671548

View attachment 671549

Same with SAS in Nairobi, Kenya. Mask match with his shirt, pants and multicam plate carrier right.
View attachment 671550

London Police CT unit wearing matching masks too.
View attachment 671551

It doesn't have to be matching masks which is total BS. It have to with their job sensitivity. Not stupid Sun and Snow logic...

That's sunlight glare. When was the last time you saw someone flashing his taclight during bright day. Lights are only used when going into buildings and pointing at the targets or you have to do target ID.

You don't always keep your light ON otherwise you give your location and you're dead..
Alpha Group
1600573714694.png

SBS
1600573988574.png

1600574017830.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom