What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Why the hell British SBS operators covering their faces knowing that there are cameras covering at Battle of Qilla-i-Jangi.

It doesn't have to be matching masks which is total BS. It have to with their job sensitivity. Not stupid Sun and Snow logic...
I think we were pretty much on agreement that the trend of hiding faces is followed in foreign outfits, not so much strictly in ours.

Everyone here gives his opinion based on one's personal experience, first hand or second hand knowledge etc. Everyone is entitled to an opinion which should be respected.

You can always give yours without using words such as
What the hell.....
... Which is total BS.

Those SBS operators are retired.
First operator name is Simon Jeffries and second operator name is Jason Carl Fox
@the.natural.edge
@jason_carl_fox
their intagram accounts.

And those are not Alpha group operators.

@PanzerKiel

I think we were pretty much on agreement that the trend of hiding faces is followed in foreign outfits, not so much strictly in ours.

Everyone here gives his opinion based on one's personal experience, first hand or second hand knowledge etc. Everyone is entitled to an opinion which should be respected.

You can always give yours without using words such as
What the hell.....
... Which is total BS.
:tup:

@PanzerKiel does SSG/ZATU conduct the types of drills shown in the video posted by @Metal 0-1 ?

If yes, is there a video available? If no, why not?
ZATU's rolling fire has a permanent feature whereby officers stand side by side of targets which are hit.

Same occurs in room clearance drills as well where officers are standing right next to mock targets which are engaged with live ammo by entry teams.

And its pretty normal in sniper training.

Those SBS operators are retired.
First operator name is Simon Jeffries and second operator name is Jason Carl Fox
@the.natural.edge
@jason_carl_fox
their intagram accounts.

And those are not Alpha group operators.

@PanzerKiel
point is,,, its not important that they are retired or dead...point is they are not covering faces in active ops...becoz they dont feel it is required.. with their outlook, their weapons their vehicles anyone can makeout from a mile away that they are americans or europeans. and by covering face (for identity) what will they achieve,,,it is not that Taliban are going to target them in sweet home Alabama..
that being said here are some recent pics
9950456-3x2-xlarge.jpg
hd_0.814102001543330406.jpg
2fe5b33b3a6793abcfd3f6e87ff7f72c.jpg
081f110d90b6bba807a30ef31d224ec6.jpg
9950456-3x2-xlarge.jpg
hd_0.814102001543330406.jpg
2fe5b33b3a6793abcfd3f6e87ff7f72c.jpg
081f110d90b6bba807a30ef31d224ec6.jpg

In Pakistan aswell our forces do not feel that kind of threat that they will be targeted in their homes... there was a time from 2007 to 2013 when situation was somewhat different and servicemen use to take extra care while traveling and interacting with people but Allahamdulillah no more.

i for one would cover my face all the time but for the reasons i earlier stated....unless i am operating in 2014-17 Baghdad suburbs with Golden Division and IS threat has taken a monsterous shape...then offcourse i will try to hide my identity to protect myself and my family.

point is,,, its not important that they are retired or dead...point is they are not covering faces in active ops...becoz they dont feel it is required.. with their outlook, their weapons their vehicles anyone can makeout from a mile away that they are americans or europeans. and by covering face (for identity) what will they achieve,,,it is not that Taliban are going to target them in sweet home Alabama..
View attachment 671592View attachment 671593View attachment 671594View attachment 671595View attachment 671592View attachment 671593View attachment 671594View attachment 671595
In Pakistan aswell our forces do not feel that kind of threat that they will be targeted in their homes... there was a time from 2007 to 2013 when situation was somewhat different and servicemen use to take extra care while traveling and interacting with people but Allahamdulillah no more.

i for one would cover my face all the time but for the reasons i earlier stated....unless i am operating in 2014-17 Baghdad suburbs with Golden Division and IS threat has taken a monsterous shape...then offcourse i will try to hide my identity to protect myself and my family.

Is that cos the the enemy faced is not conventional, I.e., can blend into the common population and remain obscure?

So you wouldn't do the same on the eastern border?

Again re concealing SF's faces for Pakistan - in ops, most locations are closed off for media photographers to go, unless by permission after its secure, meaning that PA has vetted the area and permits taking pics. However, some ISPR pics such as when the COAS visits Cherat, where you see at least 100-200 personnel in a pic - the advances in facial ID tech and the intel India may have on PA, IMO their faces should be blurred out. Particularly if they are to be used for special missions when the western border is fully fenced.

View attachment 671592View attachment 671593View attachment 671594View attachment 671595View attachment 671592View attachment 671593View attachment 671594View attachment 671595

Alright bro.

Your first picture is of active duty Green Berets and SASR. Question can you see their faces.
NO

2nd Picture is of USAF TACPs training in US, who are not even Special Forces rather Special Operation Forces.

3rd and 4th picture is from retired Green Berets Instagram handle..

Did I said anything that mask should be must on every ops. Operations far away from public eyes don't require masks.

But Scenarios like Hayatabad operation right in the middle of city and eyes of cameras require complete censorship. OR masks..

Don't want any more of this stuff.

Thanks

Last edited:
Please shed some light on these multimedia too.
Why he is wearing a mask at 30:43. A common person can tell hiding his identity.

Now move on to this video why Russian Alpha group is wearing a mask before appearing on camera. Does your argument still apply.

Why these french Special Forces Operators wearing masks at their comrades funeral?
View attachment 671546

Why French elite CT unit GIGN wear mask in public. Does it nothing to with French law which clearly states "You are not allowed to take pictures of their faces and soldiers are not allowed either to shoe their faces"..

Why the hell British SBS operators covering their faces knowing that there are cameras covering at Battle of Qilla-i-Jangi.
View attachment 671547

Why British SAS operators wearing a mask in Public all around cameras...?Sun maybe...
View attachment 671548

View attachment 671549

Same with SAS in Nairobi, Kenya. Mask match with his shirt, pants and multicam plate carrier right.
View attachment 671550

London Police CT unit wearing matching masks too.
View attachment 671551

It doesn't have to be matching masks which is total BS. It have to with their job sensitivity. Not stupid Sun and Snow logic...

That's sunlight glare. When was the last time you saw someone flashing his taclight during bright day. Lights are only used when going into buildings and pointing at the targets or you have to do target ID.

You don't always keep your light ON otherwise you give your location and you're dead..

Brother between us you can make your point without using terms such as BS.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom