What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

I would have responded to Metal's valid and slightly sarcastic post, no offense taken by the way, about SSG being better, more experienced than this, that and the other. But his post was exactly the reason I don't get involved in comparisons and lists.

All I will say is that next to the US SF (on account of the scale and scope of their employment worldwide) and possibly SAS (given the small size, their ability to deploy at the frequency of both the USSF and even our SSG is questionable), the SSG have in all likelihood seen the most experience both near and afar compared to ANY other SF around the world. Add all of the work that has been done with employments in the 14 year long-CI campaign, LoC etc., FID, secondment duties, and even then this is only half the picture.

I must also add that its not all great successes. There have been failures and losses as well, but it has given the SSG a wealth of experience which is second to none.

Last edited:

Does SSG not use camouflage uniform for desert terrain (if that's what it is in the pic) deployment?
I would have responded to Metal's valid and slightly sarcastic post, no offense taken by the way, about SSG being better, more experienced than this, that and the other. But his post was exactly the reason I don't get involved in comparisons and lists.

All I will say is that next the US SF (on account of the scale and scope of their employment worldwide) and possibly SAS (given the small size, their ability to deploy at the frequency of both the USSF and even our SSG is questionable), the SSG have in all likelihood seen the most experience both near and afar compared to ANY other SF around the world. Add all of the work that has been done with employments in the 14 year long-CI campaign, LoC etc., FID, secondment duties, and even then this is only half the picture.

I must also add that its not all great successes. There have been failures and losses as well, but it has given the SSG a wealth of experience which is second to none.

Are ops conducted decades ago that aren't known to the public, still classified?

Does SSG not use camouflage uniform for desert terrain (if that's what it is in the pic) deployment?
The first picture looks like a setting for a demo etc. and perhaps not an exercise area in the desert. SSG can always fall back to the regular digital pattern for operations in the deserts.

Are ops conducted decades ago that aren't known to the public, still classified?

Many are for reasons of national security and sensitivity in foreign relations to this day.

The first picture looks like a setting for a demo etc. and perhaps not an exercise area in the desert. SSG can always fall back to the regular digital pattern for operations in the deserts.

Many are for reasons of national security and sensitivity in foreign relations to this day.

Rifles are Chinese.

1602428342346.png

1602428574077.png

All I will say is that next to the US SF (on account of the scale and scope of their employment worldwide) and possibly SAS (given the small size, their ability to deploy at the frequency of both the USSF and even our SSG is questionable), the SSG have in all likelihood seen the most experience both near and afar compared to ANY other SF around the world. Add all of the work that has been done with employments in the 14 year long-CI campaign, LoC etc., FID, secondment duties, and even then this is only half the picture.

This was actually evidenced recently when Indians accused China of utilizing a 'bearded man', and the Armenians accused the Azeris of utilizing 'Pakistanis'.

There can be only two mutually exclusive interpretations: either SSG was actually deployed in these cases, or it wasn't. If it was, that corroborates your points above.

But even if SSG wasn't deployed, it shows a deep psychological impact on the enemy's mind. All Pak Army has to do is to officially announce its support, and enemies start seeing 'bearded guys' and 'Pakistanis'. This is only possible through an established reputation resulting from a long history of successful deployments which are unknown to general public but very well known in the military circles.

@Metal 0-1

This was actually evidenced recently when Indians accused China of utilizing a 'bearded man', and the Armenians accused the Azeris of utilizing 'Pakistanis'.

There can be only two mutually exclusive interpretations: either SSG was actually deployed in these cases, or it wasn't. If it was, that corroborates your points above.

But even if SSG wasn't deployed, it shows a deep psychological impact on the enemy's mind. All Pak Army has to do is to officially announce its support, and enemies start seeing 'bearded guys' and 'Pakistanis'. This is only possible through an established reputation resulting from a long history of successful deployments which are unknown to general public but very well known in the military circles.

@Metal 0-1
I'm on official vacations....
1602443110127.png

Back
Top Bottom