What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Passing out Parade of Pak Navy SEAL Course held at Karachi. The parade comprised of officers and sailors, who completed rigorous training in conformity to the set standards. The Chief Guest, COMCOAST, V/ Adm Fasial Rasul Lodhi congratulated the Navy SEALs

Eb_r11JX0AAMvWO

Eb_r-B9WsAY45wB

Eb_r-BlWoAAzYR6

Not all in the Kohlu Cave Collapse were from 2 Cdo. Major Pervaiz was an ex-SSG commanding a FC BLN Wing AFAIK. 7 or 8 were from serving SSG rest were FC or Army.

Karrar Coy Mess blast - according to official data in a list it seems like the actual number was less. Will recheck and tell.

Coming back to the first point, Rahber is indeed the most bloodied and decorated unit.
Coming back to this discussion - the Tarbela Mess bombing claimed the lives of 14 SSG troopers.

13 commandos were martyred on the fateful day of 5 April 2013, including Captain Wasim of 3 Commando Bn, at Inzar Gul, Tirah. They were part of the elite Ebrahim Coy of Qiadat fame - the company commander and another captain 'S' were WIA (saw couple of pictures of him with that golden stripe too). All 13 were awarded TBt posthumously. It was a joint Lashkar-e-Islam/TTP ambush I believe. Riles me up whenever I remember Mangal Bagh Afridi is still alive.

Coming back to this discussion - the Tarbela Mess bombing claimed the lives of 14 SSG troopers.

13 commandos were martyred on the fateful day of 5 April 2013, including Captain Wasim of 3 Commando Bn, at Inzar Gul, Tirah. They were part of the elite Ebrahim Coy of Qiadat fame - the company commander and another captain 'S' were WIA (saw couple of pictures of him with that golden stripe too). All 13 were awarded TBt posthumously. It was a joint Lashkar-e-Islam/TTP ambush I believe. Riles me up whenever I remember Mangal Bagh Afridi is still alive.

Waseem is my school class fellow.....excellent man. I was in the ops area as well once this incident occurred. It was not an ambush. The casualties were from Hamza Company. Waseem wasnt from this company but volunteered to go in the place of another Hamza Company officer (again, a close friend of mine) who was much junior to him.

I know Waseem since he was this much...
Picture 055.jpg

....till he was like this....
upload_2020-7-7_1-48-26.png

Brigadier TM Shaheed, (8 Oct 1938 – 29 May 1989), SJ (Bar), SBt, SI(M) was a legendary soldier and lethal weapon of Pakistan Army. He was serving as the Commandant of Special Services Group. (SSG)

1902068_616695761744214_197329934_n.jpg

Javed Akhter....................... I was attending Staff College in 1989. He addressed us as a guest speaker on the role of SSG only a week before his fateful fall.During the the lecture he had consecutively been giving for the past many years, he said THIS IS MY LAST ADDRESS TO THE STUDENTS OF STAFF COLLEGE. Allah pak darjaat bulland farmaeen..

Waseem is my school class fellow.....excellent man. I was in the ops area as well once this incident occurred. It was not an ambush. The casualties were from Hamza Company. Waseem wasnt from this company but volunteered to go in the place of another Hamza Company officer (again, a close friend of mine) who was much junior to him.

I know Waseem since he was this much...
View attachment 648698
....till he was like this....
View attachment 648697
Thanks for the correction. Must be proud of him.

BTW could you give further details? What I've heard is that 8 Punjab was ambushed in the area and the SSG followed through suffering the above losses. Even some talk of mutilation back in those days when we were still in shock on WTF had happened and there was radio silence from concerned quarters.

Thanks for the correction. Must be proud of him.

BTW could you give further details? What I've heard is that 8 Punjab was ambushed in the area and the SSG followed through suffering the above losses. Even some talk of mutilation back in those days when we were still in shock on WTF had happened and there was radio silence from concerned quarters.

This SSG action was separate from 8 PR action. Wasim's group, composed of two combat teams fought their way to a feature, suffering light casualties ( i think couple of wounded). This feature was sort of a plateau at height. However, once these two combat teams (20 odd men) reached the top, heavy fire opened up on them from adjoining heights.....12.7 mm DshKs ringed them and poured heavy fire, coupled with RPGs and snipers. SSG guys fought back but since they were exposed and dominated all around, were picked off one by one. Waseem got an initial bullet wound and one of his buddy pulled him and made him sit with his back against a rocky boulder. His last radio call was that in which he stated that his ammo had finished and he was pulling out his Glock.

It was a Friday. I wont forget that day. This op started in the morning and by approx 1000-1100 hours, nothing was heard about these two combat teams. Another SSG company (Shaheen i think) was inducted but could not clear the site. Ultimately a whole SSG battalion went in and managed to fight to Waseem's location. It took a great time to recover the bodies since they were spread everywhere, every SSG guy had fought back individually.
TTP / LLI bastards, after having eliminated the SSG teams, had then climbed on this feature and fired point bank into the bodies.

Sequel to Waseem's action was more horrible, but the other way around. What happened when more SSG troops arrived along with AH1s and artillery is entirely a different story.

Waseem's parents and my parents were looking for our potential brides during this time, we both were supposed to be married the same year in October. This action occurred on 5 April 2013.

Last edited:
This SSG action was separate from 8 PR action. Wasim's group, composed of two combat teams fought their way to a feature, suffering light casualties ( i think couple of wounded). This feature was sort of a plateau at height. However, once these two combat teams (20 odd men) reached the top, heavy fire opened up on them from adjoining heights.....12.7 mm DshKs ringed them and poured heavy fire, coupled with RPGs and snipers. SSG guys fought back but since they were exposed and dominated all around, were picked off one by one. Waseem got an initial bullet wound and one of his buddy pulled him and made him sit with his back against a rocky boulder. His last radio call was that in which he stated that his ammo had finished and he was pulling out his Glock.

It was a Friday. I wont forget that day. This op started in the morning and by approx 1000-1100 hours, nothing was heard about these two combat teams. Another SSG company (Shaheen i think) was inducted but could not clear the site. Ultimately a whole SSG battalion went in and managed to fight to Waseem's location. It took a great time to recover the bodies since they were spread everywhere, every SSG guy had fought back individually.
TTP / LLI bastards, after having eliminated the SSG teams, had then climbed on this feature and fired point bank into the bodies.

Sequel to Waseem's action was more horrible, but the other way around. What happened when more SSG troops arrived along with AH1s and artillery is entirely a different story.

Waseem's parents and my parents were looking for our potential brides during this time, we both were supposed to be married the same year in October. This action occurred on 5 April 2013.

Heard 36 Punjab had a very bad time in Tirah operation as well, do you know as to what happened to them? Tirah operation as a whole was a very bloody operation for the army.

Shameful that air support and backup was not available sooner. Bad planning.

Back
Top Bottom