What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

.... And then there some other deadly actions as well

If we are talking about non-SSG deadly actions. Two comes in mind. 2010 N.Waziritstan ambush. Approx 60 soldiers were killed including CO. Express tribune ran a report on the incident as well. A video of wounded soldier commenting on a hovering cobra above, how it saved the rest of them

Then comes the kidney ridge 2015, Tirah. Official death toll is put at 11. But Major and his entire company was ambushed in a similar way you described Captain Waseem Ambush. Unofficial death toll is put at 40-50

I guess these 2 incidents were the biggest single day KIA of PA in entire WoT

The above in Balochistan was not a one event loss of life. This was attrition in fighting against the Bugti militants over a period of time vs. what happened in December 1971.

Are you certain? Because this happened overnight? If the events were put in perspective, the action started on august 5 night, cave collapse and ambushing the 2 commando soldiers happened was a single day event.

Heard 36 Punjab had a very bad time in Tirah operation as well, do you know as to what happened to them? Tirah operation as a whole was a very bloody operation for the army.

I believe that was in 2015, Kidney Ridge area.

Most probably similar thing what happened to Captain Waseem and his team. Major and his entire company was wiped out if unofficial news is to be believed. Major and his company was pinned by heavy presence of TTP and it was a night time battle. Afterwards, there were reports of 80-100 TTP getting killed

If we are talking about non-SSG deadly actions. Two comes in mind. 2010 N.Waziritstan ambush. Approx 60 soldiers were killed including CO. Express tribune ran a report on the incident as well. A video of wounded soldier commenting on a hovering cobra above, how it saved the rest of them
that was in 2009, the wacha bibi ambush in dattakhel tehsil. 2 units convoy was ambushed by militants associated with Hafiz gul bahadar.... before that in 2007 another deadly ambush in hassukhel area, MirAli tehsil of NW resulted in 45 fatalities

Talking about location not weapon
yes its qadri air base, part of recent exercise.

Let us not forget what happened to 7 Baloch in August '07. 211 men captured and released after Baitullah got his men out. In backdrop of Lal Masjid I guess the men had lost will to fight and were confused. CO and everyone was guilty of dereliction of duty.

Let us not forget what happened to 7 Baloch in August '07. 211 men captured and released after Baitullah got his men out. In backdrop of Lal Masjid I guess the men had lost will to fight and were confused. CO and everyone was guilty of dereliction of duty.
Dargai '06 losses to recruits of Punjab Regt. I remember the swines who didn't care. Good thing one of them just went 6 feet under recently. This is was first major hit outside FATA - where heavy losses in ambushes were common in '04-06.

Dargai '06 losses to recruits of Punjab Regt. I remember the swines who didn't care. Good thing one of them just went 6 feet under recently. This is was first major hit outside FATA - where heavy losses in ambushes were common in '04-06.

Watched the video of their surrender to Taliban,it was a whole convoy that was captured. A couple of them were sadly beheaded later on, the CO was court martialled.

7 Baluch story is entirely different. No fault of CO or his troops.

Back
Top Bottom