What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

21SAS and 23SAS are Territorial Army regiments. Those qualified to join are former infantry recee as well as former SAS members. These are brigade recee elements more than the traditional irregular warfare 22SAS are famous for.

21SAS and 23SAS are Territorial Army regiments. Those qualified to join are former infantry recee as well as former SAS members. These are brigade recee elements more than the traditional irregular warfare 22SAS are famous for.

Actually you can walk off the street to join 21/23 SAS. They actually prefer it to getting troops from other units that have been "infected" with bad "habits". It's interesting that OOE makes the Recce distinction because the guys I know (22 and 21) don't really make the same.

Actually you can walk off the street to join 21/23 SAS.
That's my understanding too. However, from my contacts, it would seemed the slots are reserved for former serving members.

They actually prefer it to getting troops from other units that have been "infected" with bad "habits". It's interesting that OOE makes the Recce distinction because the guys I know (22 and 21) don't really make the same.

You mind expanding on that? My contacts suggest that 21SAS and 23SAS fit within a battle group. 22SAS (and JTF II for that matter) does not.

That's my understanding too. However, from my contacts, it would seemed the slots are reserved for former serving members.

You mind expanding on that? My contacts suggest that 21SAS and 23SAS fit within a battle group. 22SAS (and JTF II for that matter) does not.

I'll have to continue this via PM.........

Actually you can walk off the street to join 21/23 SAS. They actually prefer it to getting troops from other units that have been "infected" with bad "habits". It's interesting that OOE makes the Recce distinction because the guys I know (22 and 21) don't really make the same.

In the SSG too, there were some instances when the OR cadres were recruited directly from the intake going to regimental training centers for Infantry (I.e. they had just been selected into the Army and had not undergone any training). This intake proved to be one of the best batches of SSG troops with pretty much all of the troops reaching NCO/JCO ranks.

Am I correct in assuming that the SSG also provides VIP security?

Is there a dedicated wing under the SSG umbrella for this purpose, or do they just assign SSG personnel randomly to security details?

P.S: If there is no dedicated unit for providing VIP security currently, are there any plans to create such a unit, so as to allow the SSG to focus on their regular training etc.?

Am I correct in assuming that the SSG also provides VIP security?

Is there a dedicated wing under the SSG umbrella for this purpose, or do they just assign SSG personnel randomly to security details?

P.S: If there is no dedicated unit for providing VIP security currently, are there any plans to create such a unit, so as to allow the SSG to focus on their regular training etc.?

SSG has a fully trained CP team for VVIP security. The operators and officers are specifically selected and trained for this task as VVIP protection is one of the tasks assigned to the SSG. So the TO&E exists for this specific role as well..gone are the days of picking anyone and assigning them a task. In early 2000/1, the Special Operations School was formed to focus on specialization of roles (and to provide training accordingly) and since then, SSG has been focusing on assigning specific tasks to those teams that are most suitable for it. This was also the reason that a separate Special Operations Task Force was established to focus on CI/IS roles so not all SSG units are doing everything.

I personally am in the favor of having a dedicated VVIP protection team as SSG should be used for SF roles only. This will probably happen eventually once the President is no longer the CoAS. The way things are, Army like to protect their own, so you won't see an Army chief being protected by anyone aside from the SSG operators. The others like PM Shaukat also get the SSG protection b/c currently there is no alternate.

SSG, YA THEY WERE GREAT IN 80S AND IN 90S BUT FOR NOW WE NEED A VERY DIFFERNT ELITE FORCE COME ON , IT IS 2007 ,WE R TALKINING ABOUT, I THINK ALL OF US SEEN THE MISSION THEY HAD DONE, IN LAL MASJID,? THT , IS NOT THE FORCE WE R LOOKING , WE HAD GO BACK TO BASIC TRANING? AND WITH OUR NEW ARMY CHIEF IN HAND, WE SHOULD BE LOOKING TO GET MORE, ADVANCED VERSIONS OF THE TRAININGS, OF USS ARMY, I MEAN, THE MARINES,THE SEALS AND ALSO WE SHOULD EQUIP THEM WITH REAL UPDATED GUNS AND TOOLS, GEARS, WE SHOULD NOW THT OUR SSG NEEDS, UPDATED TRAINING, AMUNATION, CUMMUNICATIONS, SYSTEMS, AND WE NT ONLY RELY ON AMMRECA, AS EXAMPLE FREANCH,SPECIAL FORCESS, WE CAN SEND SOME HIGH LEVEL DELIGATION TO LOOK 4 THIER TRAINING CENTERS?
First: colse your Capslock

2nd: do some search & then post

tnx

Regards
Wilco

ALSO WE NEED TO HAVE A LARGE,FORCE, AS BIG AS IT GETS ITS OWN GENRAL?

As has been said before.......

Turn off the capslock.......

Secondly look up the concept of "special forces" nd then post otherwise you look stupid.....

SSG @ Bright Star 07. I am not sure if these have been posted elsewhere.

Some more images of SSG operators at Bright Star 07:

CAIRO NOVEMBER 12: The ongoing Coalition Military Exercise, Bright Star between Pakistan, Egypt, US, Kuwait, Germany, France, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Netherlands, Turkey and Yemen entered into the next phase. Excellent display of joint operations is being presented by the participating troops. Exercise setting focuses mostly on integrated training through demonstrations, Lectures and joint operations enabling participants to learn from the experiences of each other. Special Operations troops of Pakistan, Egypt, Kuwait, Yemen and France are carrying out exercises near Mubarak Military City while the other participants are committed in mastering their skills in military maneuvers west of Cairo. A demonstration of survival exercise was held in the exercise area. The demonstrators displayed the survival techniques under adverse conditions particularly once operating behind enemy lines. The skill and knowledge of the Pakistani troops was lauded by all.
Pakistan being the fifth largest contingent among participating countries has a team of Special Service Group and Pakistan Navy taking part in this twenty day long exercise. This is considered to be the biggest in the world. Egypt is the biggest participant with 2946 troops while USA has sent 1350 troops from Army, Air Force and Marine to take part in the exercises which are held biennially in Egypt.
Troops of Special Service Group which arrived at Genexlux Air Base on 2nd November are doing integrated exercises involving minor operations and anti terrorism drills in Mubarak Military City. Pakistan Navy’s Ship Tipu Sultan has arrived on 9th November at Alexandria to join the Coalition Sea Training Integration Phase. Navies of 7 Countries with 8 vessels are participating in these coalition Maritime Operations. Three days are reserved for Integration Training while three days are left for Sea Training. Coalition Exercise also involves Strategic Airborne Jump and Friendship Jump. 165 Jumpers from Army, Air Force and Marines will participate in the Strategic Jump. Almost 400 Jumpers from coalition countries will make the Friendship Jump.

On Wednesday Navigation Exercise was held in the desert. Navigating a distance of around 25-35 kilometers. During day Troops of Special Service Group of Pakistan Army reached their designated places much before the given times thus displaying an excellent standard of physical fitness and navigation skill. Pakistani Contingent also earned laurels during night navigation by covering a distance of 15-20 Kilometer much before the given time.
A spectacular demolition demonstration was held by Pakistan Army Special Service Team in the exercise area near Mubarak Military City as the exercise gears up and moves into the next phase. Before the demonstration a team of officers led by Contingent Commander Lieutenant Colonel Naveed delivered a lecture on Counter Improvised Device, a lethal weapon used by terrorists for various terrorists activities. In a comprehensive lecture the participants of exercise were apprised about threat posed due to Counter IED, precautionary measures and other related aspects to the subject and achievements of Pakistani security forces in War against Terrorism.
A day long senior leader seminar is also scheduled at the end of the exercise.

Blain2,

Have seen SSG guys wearing a distinctive SSG badge featuring a dagger framed by lightening bolts...

But this one caught my attention ...
cf8267e7a9ff69f4c1bde8a0bfcf7c24.jpg

....any ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom