What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

The lightening bolt and commando dagger one is the standard SSG formation insignia. I believe he has swapped formation badge with another officer from a foreign country. A fairly common thing during multi-national exercises. The formation insignias are either patch on (velcro), or pin/button on.

75094126.jpg

What part of the military are they from? The Zarrar folks wear the black coveralls, the remaining SSG were shown wearing the olive T-shirts etc (in the backs of pickups), and they wear the green camo in other pictures.

Just some SSG in plainclothes, or a different unit altogether?

AM,

These guys are also SSG operators from Zarrar Company. Simply doing recce in civvies.

Last edited:
Under the army section here it says that the SSG have access to 230 scorpion vehicles from Turkey.

Do the SSG use any other vehicles like special mission aircraft or upgunned landrovers like the SAS?

The scorpion vehicles are basically baktar bans.. used by rangers, police, and anti-terrorist forces mostly. When it says special forces.. it means that.. Not special service groups. But i also would like to know what types of vehicles they use.

SSG gets the same hardware as the regular army for transport like Defender 90s, heavier trucks etc.

For specialized companies engaged in Desert Warfare specialization, there was some mention of ATVs but I really have not seen anything concrete on it.

Just updated post # 237 with part III of the SSG documentary. I believe its the complete thing now.

SSG gets the same hardware as the regular army for transport like Defender 90s, heavier trucks etc.

For specialized companies engaged in Desert Warfare specialization, there was some mention of ATVs but I really have not seen anything concrete on it.

ATV project is on the back-burner due to lack of govt. funding! the project prototypes have been cleared by the army for induction.

pakistan air force also formed ssg of 1000 soldiers is that true and who is the best

PA SSG
PN SSG
PAF SSG

SALAM
My question is
When a civilian recruits in Pakistan rangers can he still apply for SSG?

pakistan air force also formed ssg of 1000 soldiers is that true and who is the best

PA SSG
PN SSG
PAF SSG

PAF's special ops team is known as the Special Service Wing (SSW). They are the youngest of the three. SSG (A) formed in 1956. SSG (N) formed in the late 60s (I believe 68 or so but could be off a little). The number of years since the raising of these units should also be an indication in terms of which teams have more experience from a training and operations standpoint.

SALAM
My question is
When a civilian recruits in Pakistan rangers can he still apply for SSG?

Not sure what you mean by still? The SSG training that is provided to the Army cadres is reserved for them. There is no mixing of non-military personnel as such. While Rangers have officers seconded from the Pakistan Army, the Rangers are not part of the Armed Forces (who are under MoD) as such. The Rangers along with Police are under the Ministry of Interior. They have their own commando training school and training but they do not go to Cherat or PNS Iqbal or Kalar kahar for that matter ;)

The Rangers and others have their own specialized training and they term it "Commando" etc. There is a big difference in the induction and training process at Cherat (SSG/A) and the training that others in Rangers/police go through. The two training streams do not mix as part of a normal routine.

Thanks for you reply. Some another question of mine is
Do Pakistan ranger’s officers come from army or a civilian like me can recruit as officer in Pakistan rangers?
What is the major training difference between army ssg and ranger’s commandos?

Thanks for you reply. Some another question of mine is
Do Pakistan ranger’s officers come from army or a civilian like me can recruit as officer in Pakistan rangers?
What is the major training difference between army ssg and ranger’s commandos?

No offence but in Pakistan we refer to rangers as Thiger (rubbish) force, stick to the army or if you are into law enforcement wait for the ATTF: Anti Terrorism task Force to be set up and apply for that via provincial police (bharti =recruitment will start soon).

ANF is also a good place to go, but if your hart is stuck in Rangers then yes you can go for officer role.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom