What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

Well , to me the SSG (Pak Forces) /Green Baret(US) training is brutal.

For a normal person they would last exactly 20-30 minutes on first day , those who are not military fit

Il ask somebody abt it.. As for pre training or selection process.. Volunteers have to go through 24+ day selection process (screening process) before getting selected for training... Read a book by some retired indian military officer who was quoting SSGs selection process being better than indian MARCOS..

Apart from tht the interrogation at attack fort... In the last days itself is hell .. And u only get to wear a maroon beret once u have completed tht...

P.S: many are disqualifies due to injuries during the training and specially during the *interrogation*....
The SSG selection process takes place over an approx. weeks' worth of time based on what I saw but this was some years back. Without going into a lot of details, its a mentally and physically taxing assessment for the officers. The selection criteria was based on the psychological testing for aptitude that the US Special Forces had instituted. The same goes on to date. Physically, its hard because most officers or ranks going for the selection typically are not accustomed to the SSG "Scale". This results in injuries etc. and inability to complete the selection process. However one point to consider is that a high "failure" rate is not necessarily a good thing. While it indicates the toughness of the program, it can also suggest that the readiness of the intake is not up to par. Meaning that the intake stream needs to have better preparation regimen. Lastly, the SSG would have a much higher induction rate if the units that offer up volunteers send their top folks (this is an individual unit issue where good nafri is not offered up to the SSG selection process out of fear of losing their good people to the SSG).

But all in all, SSG still gets above average intake both mentally and physically.

376273_367674236637179_1556563402_n.jpg
5[3].jpg

From Operation Rah e Rast...

64865_446399918764610_415128237_n.jpg
250686_381838395220763_609360009_n.jpg
1186117_527937867277481_58400238_n.jpg

Brig TM -- Afghan Jihad:

309497_192940864110518_1499746318_n.jpg

SSG guys in Sri Lanka against the LTTE:

1535561_588432891227978_653740545_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! I learnt to ski with these guys. Taught em a bit of angling too xD

931347_472742049463730_1527629788_n_zpsb24b3bba.jpg

Last edited:
Il ask somebody abt it.. As for pre training or selection process.. Volunteers have to go through 24+ day selection process (screening process) before getting selected for training... Read a book by some retired indian military officer who was quoting SSGs selection process being better than indian MARCOS..

Apart from tht the interrogation at attack fort... In the last days itself is hell .. And u only get to wear a maroon beret once u have completed tht...

P.S: many are disqualifies due to injuries during the training and specially during the *interrogation*....

What's the name of that book?

Same thing America gets when they train the Military of other Nations.

US Trains foreign militarys they get:
  • US weapon sales
  • Regional stability, who's going to mess with a US ally?
  • US interests
  • Enhancing understanding
  • Pomoting friendship, that Maj. coming to West Point in 10-14 is going to be some senior official at the Defense Ministry of his country
  • Win-Win, soldiers get trained here Foreign win, US gets influence there.

unfortunately an SSG veteran and currently an instructor begs to disagree. he is my childhood friend and has led assaults in Sawat and waziristan. if I see his picture here I will point him out.

he says that American courses are a waste of time for Pakistanis because they are blocked out of anything meaningful. any new tactics, equipment and techniques are kept off them and all these guys get is running around and bullshiiting ..

these guys who go there are not raw recruits and have spent time in special forces and are physically and mentally fit already and looking for something new which their country doesnt offer.

he says he selected the turkish special forces course and gave up the American rangers course where he was short-listed. he has done the Chinese course as well and says it best suits the Pakistanis because both countries fully share their special techniques and tactics.

if someone has a different opinion then let me know. yes you get a certificate in the end for completing an american course but it only consists of roughing up and running around and thats what they usually do in Pakistan and they dont need an American certification for that

unfortunately an SSG veteran and currently an instructor begs to disagree. he is my childhood friend and has led assaults in Sawat and waziristan. if I see his picture here I will point him out.

he says that American courses are a waste of time for Pakistanis because they are blocked out of anything meaningful. any new tactics, equipment and techniques are kept off them and all these guys get is running around and bullshiiting ..

these guys who go there are not raw recruits and have spent time in special forces and are physically and mentally fit already and looking for something new which their country doesnt offer.

he says he selected the turkish special forces course and gave up the American rangers course where he was short-listed. he has done the Chinese course as well and says it best suits the Pakistanis because both countries fully share their special techniques and tactics.

if someone has a different opinion then let me know. yes you get a certificate in the end for completing an american course but it only consists of roughing up and running around and thats what they usually do in Pakistan and they dont need an American certification for that

Heard the same thing from else where too; "Pakistani boys just go through the motions to humor the yanks and at times show them how to do a thing or two better."

Back
Top Bottom