What's new

Featured Pakistan's Shahpar II UAV Unveiled

Attachments

• ICON.png
    ICON.png
    638.3 KB · Views: 66
this looks more like an easy to convert into a suicide drone given the maneuverability elements on it.
That would be a waste of time and money.

Suicide drones tend to be smaller, faster and cheaper. Compared to them, UAVs such as Shahpar and Buraq are waaay too expensive.

As Bilal stressed that we should forget about export prospect for now and try to have means in house for self reliance without the fear of sanctions. That is how we should start i.e. go for JVs even if we get the minimum manufacturing facilities.

We have lost 20 years already and we need to start somewhere now.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I think Pakistan and Turkey should also explore the small firearms design just like UAE came up with Caracal.

The Shahpar series of UAVs is designed to be unarmed, and purely for surveillance. People are free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The Buraq UCAV is the only locally made armed drone, of course with heavy Chinese technical input.
Next evolution of this drone will be a bigger armed drone.

Title of this thread should be this :
" A Miniature Model of Pakistan's Shahpar II UAV Unveiled".

Good Attempt however it is ok unit for Policing , and border Patrol assistance
I like the 14 hour endurance , meaning 2 of these can cover pretty much 24 hour surveillance over a border area

a) The Landing Gear / Structure looks very Armature , solid hard parts
b) Size looks small , due to weak engine most likely
c) Limited load carrying Capacity

In end not being able to manufacture our own engines always comes back to bite us in back
we can't manufacture our own goods easily

a) Tanks
b) Ships
c) Vehicles/ Trucks
d) UAV
f) Fighter Jets

The dependency limits the design

It is not just about relationships. Turkey is keen on forging a deeper military integration with Pakistan, and transferring some of the IP of its key technologies is one way of achieving that.

Turkey has already transferred the IP of its Milgem program to Pakistan allowing your country to not only manufacture these modern stealth warships in-house but also to own the design rights. So the precedence already exists.

Turkey sees Pakistan as a natural compliment to its military technology development; but Pakistani military planners addicted to quick Chinese fixes haven’t been able to think creatively, apart from the navy. So you’re right in the sense that even if Turkey was willing, the need doesn’t exist with Pakistan.
Engine manufacturing is damn complex process! I would rather TEI concentrate on a single facility to reduce the cost with higher number of orders.

TEI is developing an extensive “library” of “specs” to manufacture engines for different custom built purposes. For example, cruise missiles, ballistic missiles, specialized drones of all sorts etc. Pak can take part in the R&D part and has her own engineering design team to come up with the design of her own engines for her own purposes using TEI “libraries” and build them using TEI manufacturing facilities. Moreover, testing, quality control etc. can be done at Pak too to reduce the overall costs. Thus, it’s a win-win....

*Having a test bed for aero engines is as important and expensive as building the engine itself! Pak can have her own testing facility to cater for her unique needs

Back
Top Bottom